**Wanting time to go by faster!** Breast Lift with Saline Implants - Miami, FL

Hello, I have been reading reviews on here for a...

Hello, I have been reading reviews on here for a few months and it has greatly helped me, so I thought I would share my experience as well. :)

I am 22 (23 next month), and a mom of a 2 year old little boy who is my whole world. I have been self conscious of my breasts ever since I can remember.. They were a small Bcup and somewhat saggy. During pregnancy I gained 50lbs and then breastfed for a year. During this time they had ballooned up to a DD. I've since dropped the baby weight and then some and I am 13lbs away from my goal of 145lbs. I am now a VERY deflated C-cup and looking to be a full D after surgery.

I will be having either a lollipop or mini anchor lift with saline implants (moderate plus) to get my breasts to be the same size since my left is larger and saggier than my right.

I am scheduled for August 8, 2013 and I am so nervous!! Any tips or advice that you can give me to make the wait easier? Anything you ladies recommend me buying to make the recovery process more comfortable?

Thanks in advance! :)

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! I am hoping you and your mom have your surgeries a few weeks apart so you can help one another with recovery?  ;)  Here is a link to ideas on how to prepare for your recovery. Any discussion on how many cc's you might need for a full D cup? We look forward to following your story!

My mom is scheduled for Jul 20th for an extended TT. As I am scheduled for Jul 8th I don't really think she'll be able to help me out much, especially with my son. Fortunately my fiance will be able to take two days off for my surgery (Thurs,Fri) and then he has the weekend off so a total of 4 days to help me with my rambunctious two year old. As far as CC's go, my Dr told me he was estimating a total of 420cc's in my left (bigger breast) and 500 cc's in my right breast which is my smaller one to hopefully even them out.
That's a really good price. Did you get a chance to research him and make he's not a Dr. Frankenstein or something?

The waiting game...

I am generally an impatient person, so the whole waiting around for the surgery date thing is tedious!! :( I wish I could have scheduled my surgery for an earlier date but school makes it impossible to. I am keeping busy with school, my son, family, coming on here to read reviews and just taking it day by day. I have a countdown on my phone that reads 42 days.. =)~ Trying to remain positive!!

I think my biggest fear is the anesthesia... I have never been put under and the thought of it freaks me out and the main reason I just want to get it over with already.

Post surgical sports bra?

I found a bra that I think will be comfortable for after surgery but I am wondering how to figure out what size to get?? I have to measure my bust/chest for the size but how the heck do I figure what size I'll be after surgery? I will post the link below. Any advice would help!

Thanks!

im going with Dr. Ortega too.. i liked him a lot he was very helpful at the consultation but i dont know what im gonna end up with/ is he really good?
I liked him immediately. He did a bbl on my aunt and she looks great. What are you getting done? I saw some before and after pics of breast augmentations that he did and they looked really good.
Hi!! Looks like we have a few things in common..I'm 23 almost 24 this month, I have 2 kids, andddddd I'm traveling to Miami to same place as you (coral gables) to get my breast done by Marcelo Ghersi I was looking into Mel as well but decided to choose Marcelo..anyhow that sports bra I also bought I'm usually a 36 and bought a 40 which fits comfy I read lots of reviews about needing to get it a few size bigger. My surgery date is August 16th and I can't waiiiitttttt!!

One month to go

My surgery is officially one month away! I seem to be going through a wide range of emotions. Some days I'm super excited, other days I'm a nervous wreck and at times I question why I'm gonna do this. I guess it's part of the process. The worst part for me is knowing I can't carry my son. That's going to be really hard and it honestly makes me sad :(. I'm going to bring a drop down crib from the attic into his room to start teaching him how to get in and out of it to make it easier for me after surgery. This is what has me most worried, as I don't want to cause any harm to myself post OP by doing unnecessary lifting.

Great idea on the drop down crib! Start using it now as I'm sure the munchkin will take some time to get used to it...and you too!

Aw I feel the same my son will be 3 months when I get them done so I'm sad myself :/ !!
Mine is 2, :) not so little but I'm definitely stressing not being able to carry him .. :(

Sad boobs :(

So with less than a month to go before my surgery I finally decided to upload some before pics. It's really embarrassing, but I know I only have a few more days until I get much better looking breasts.

HI Litt0dee. I have been researching Coral Gable myself. My dilemma is I live in Michigan.. yuck.. lol I'm trying to decide weather it would be better to fly there and have it done or stay here. The prices will about equal out because Mi cost is higher. Then I have the thought that what if after I get home something happens what will I do. I like all their before and after photos and had a consult via internet so now its just trying to figure out here or there. Oh and what size implants did you chose? That's another thing I am trying to figure out..
Hi there.. I will not be getting my surgery at Coral Gables. I went to a consultation there and the staff was lovely but their prices were a little higher than I anticipated. Fortunately though I was recommended another center and it just happened that the same dr I had the consultation with at Coral gables also works in this other center... My quote came out to less money and their staff was really friendly. Honestly in your case since you would have to travel I'm not sure what I would do. I think I would look into surgeons in my area first and if none of them were right for me then I'd look into traveling. The recovery is what would scare me most about traveling to get it done.. What if there are complications and you're a few states away? Anyway, sorry for the essay :) I wish you luck on your journey !!
Also, i was told by my surgeon that he would be using 420CC in my left breast and 500CC in my right to give my breasts symmetry. I will be getting mod+ profile saline implants. I want a full D cup post surgery.

Soooo anxious!

I had all my preop lab work done today as well as the sonogram of my breasts. I should be getting the results on Friday. Surgery is 22 days away and I get more anxious with each passing day. I think I'm reading too much into it and it's causing me unnecessary stress. I'm going to take a short break from this site (as hard as it is to do) to try and get my mind off of the surgery. All that I'm missing now is to get the results of the bloodwork and to pay the balance owed. Surgery can't come fast enough!!

Down to the wire

I am counting down the days until my surgery. I am excited yet nervous. There's a lot going on right now so it helps keep me busy. I will be taking final exams this week and then I'll be done with the semester THANK GOD!!. Once that is done with I can finally focus on getting everything ready around the house, clean, meal prep, leave a schedule written down for my son and all that good stuff.
Good luck to u as well !!!
Thank You! :)
Well we don't have much longer to go . It seems like its taking forever .

Paid in full

Less than a week to go until my surgery and surprisingly I'm rather calm. I paid the remaining balance today and picked up the results of my lab work, all of which came back normal. All that is left to do now is wait it out and get everything ready at home. :)
Good luck
I cant wait to see and hear about your results! I have a 4 year old and 2 years old and was concerned about the recovery process with them...not being able to pick them up and all. So keep us posted!!! Good luck!
Hey litt0dee.. it seems as though time don't go as far as we want ever lol. You will also feel that is all a dream once your there. I'm so excited for you! Be prepared to be sore too. I agree with allot of what I read now, you can't barely pull your own pants up. Getting up and down off the couch was a challenge. I'm four days post and things are getting easier. I'm completely pleased with my results! I know you will be too. Good luck!

Day before

My nerves are definitely starting to kick in now! I have constant butterflies in my stomach and wasn't able to get a good nights sleep. I can't wait to have my new boobies already. I'm sure waiting is the hardest part..

Now I am just waiting for the coordinator to call me and let me know at what time my surgery will be tomorrow. She should be calling me before 3:30 pm. I will be the only person the Dr will be performing surgery on tomorrow so that should be good.

Anyway, the next time I update I will be the owner of a new set of boobies. =)

***Good luck to the ladies that are having surgery these next few days!!***
So exciting!!!! Get some good rest!!!!
Thank You! Good luck to you as well. =)
Hey! I can honestly say that what concerns me most about this whole process is caring for my two year old. I will somehow get through it. Thankfully my hubby took 4 days off to help me out after surgery and after that my mom will be helping me as needed. It's only a few weeks of discomfort for lifetime results =). Good luck on your journey!!

Already home

In a lot of pain. Will update soon!

Some pics

Thanks for that so I know what might happen
I'm so happy for you! Day 2 & 3 are rough as well. Then it gets a little easier. Drink plenty of fluid, and get rest! Lots of rest! Yay
Thank you! The first two days were really hard... Today I'm feeling somewhat better thank god!

Feeling a little better

I'm feeling somewhat better today so I'll do a quick update.

The first two days were awful. I had a lot of pain and pressure making it hard to breathe almost. I was prescribed Vicodin for pain and have been taking usually 2 every 4 hours. Today I've been able to take 1 pill every 4hrs and it's managed my pain... I envy the ladies that go through the surgery with no pain at all... That wasn't the case with me AT ALL! But hopefully from here on out it gets better and better.

My surgery lasted about 3 hours and I had the full anchor lift done. Not sure what size implant I received or anything. I have a post OP appointment on Thursday with the surgeon and will make sure to ask...
I had a post OP visit yesterday but it was with a nurse and just to remove the gauze I had on...

Yesterday I took a shower (well my mom took me a shower) and I felt better afterwards. I still have not taken a good look at the girls ever since I got really dizzy and fatigued after doing so on Day 1... They are sitting high and are square looking.. Lol.. I will post some new pics soon!

08/10/2013

Few pics after my shower.
Thanks I wish the same for u too .
Hi there. I saw your review and just want to wish you a speedy recovery. I had implants replaced, capsulectomy and a lift on Aug 5th. I have drains and go for my post op appointment tomorrow. Sending healing hugs your way.
I recently had to have a non cancerous lump removed from my breast, and with that was told by my plastic surgeon that I could get the boobies lifted and my insurance would pay for it. I had lump removed on 8/1 and left boobie lifted. I am going for the right one on 9/12, right now I feel like I have frankenboobs. Recovery on one was and is not easy. Pain meds kept me awake all night for the first week, i definately reccomend asking your doctor for something to sleep at night in case it is needed. A couple worries here , one being when feeling will come back in the nipple and why I am getting purple spider looking veins which I never had before. Dr. Appt on Monday cant come quick enough.

Is this normal?

I noticed today that I have a bruise on one of my areolas... I'll put some pics up. Has anyone had this happen to them? I know bruising is common after BL/BA but I'm just not sure about the location of my bruise .. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks
I think your look great!!! Size is perfect :)
Thank you ! :)
Litt. I had the same lat Monday and have had terrible pain as well. Out of Percocet and tylonol not cutting the pain. I have not been allowed to shower. Your stitches look great. I have not had bandages changed and blood is caked. My breast have an odd shape and nipples are pointing south. I hope all this changes as they settle and hope to be reassured tomorrow at post op. healing hugs to you...I think you look great already.

Better

Feeling much better today. I can move my arms around much more and was even able to iron my hair this morning- (I had a serious case of recliner hair going on).. Lol. I got a decent nights sleep so all is getting better. I'm done with my antibiotics as of 4:45am, which is awesome because now I won't have to get up in the middle of the night to drink it. Boobies are still high and squished..
Hope you're doing well and thanks for sharing your journey, I'm considering have a bl at some point and it's so nice to have a "real" idea of the experience. Looks like your results will be just as you hope for :)
Thank you! I wish you luck on your journey! =)
Look Great!!!

Boobie blues

Yesterday was rough. My emotions were alllll over the place. I was sad, mad and cried over everything. I have gained a few pounds since surgery and I've been beating myself up over it. I hope it's just the swelling that's contributing to the higher number on the scale. Today I'm feeling better and trying not to think of it. I'm feeling better with each passing day but still have a lot of soreness... And oh boyyy the back aches are no joke!! They are so intense.
Today I did groceries with my hubby and son and by the time I was done my back was on fire with pain... When I got home I fell asleep on the recliner for a few hours.
I still have not been to my post OP appointment, it was supposed to be this past Thursday but when I called to confirm I was told the Dr wouldn't be in until the following Thursday... I was upset but there's nothing I can do. The follow up care has been nonexistent. If this is important to you I suggest you go elsewhere. Anyway, I will update soon!
The weight thing is driving me crazy too. This to shall pass, I'm trying to look six weeks down the road when our breasts are feeling normal again, I'm back to running and enjoying shopping for my new boobs! I'm up 6 pounds, 2.2 are my implants :/ finally took laxatives and have been losing weight all day! Ugh
I am trying to not drive myself crazy over it but it's definitely hard! I've decided not to weigh myself again until I am sure all the bloating is gone :( . I don't do good with laxatives as they give me terrible stomach cramps, but I take Metamucil once or twice a day to keep me regular and it works wonders. Good luck with your recovery!
Oh lildee... I too gained weight and was told its still some bloating. Working so hard to lose weight only to gain some back is a big disappointment. I know that it's because I can't do anything but relax and heal and eat cause I'm bored lol. I'm so sorry about the post op. That's terrible. You keep your chin up. Lots of prayers and stay strong!

I had my first follow up appointment with my PS today. My steri strips were removed and he said I'm healing great. I still have significant swelling and my implants are riding high but was instructed to do the compression exercises (5x/day) to help them move down as well as the stabilizer band at night to sleep. All in all I'm happy with the way they are looking and thrilled that my scars are healing nicely and aren't scary looking at all. I can't wait for them to start dropping and getting some shape lol. I have my next appointment in 1 month :)

Few more pics

You look wonderful! How exciting!!
You look amazing!! You're healing great!
You are looking great! I hope the boobie blues went away and you are happy with your results. Thanks for updating

Nothing new really

Not much to update on. I feel about 90% better. I am sleeping in bed as of a week ago and am able to lay a little on my side but I get achy after a while. There are still a few scabs on the incisions that I am anxiously waiting to fall off so that I can begin scar treatment. The shape of my breasts are still the same, high, boxy and flat looking. I can't wait for them to drop & fluff.... So tired of them looking so weird... lol. I am remaining patient though. I am doing the compression exercises as advised by my PS 5 times a day and wearing the stabilizer band a few hours a day in hopes that the girls drop sooner rather than later... That is all for now, I will post some pics when I have a chance. :)

**Anyone have some insight as to when they begin to settle into place? T.I.A!
Very nice results. Thanks for sharing. :-)
By the way, you look fabulous!
Thank You!

Setback :(

About a week ago I noticed a piece of stitch sticking out of my skin under my areola.. It started getting irritated against my bra and the skin around it started getting red also. I was able to remove the piece of stitch yesterday with tweezers but needless to say I have a weird blister looking thing on there.. I also noticed another little hole opening up on the side of my areola earlier today. I'm very disappointed this is happening a month out.. I am going to stop by the clinic on Saturday morning so that a nurse can take a look at it, since my PS won't be in until next Thursday (sigh)... I'm feeling very discouraged and I should of not googled because now I'm thinking the worst. My breast are also still so high and shapeless.. I guess this is a "poor me" post. :( end of rant.
I love the high look too! I'm so worried about having the lift/implant and returning to work within 5 days. I don't have any formal instructions yet from my PS but will ask for a full list this week. I have a desk job, but still... Driving, reaching, etc. what do you think?
I had mine done on thursday and plan on going back to work tomorrow. I feel great today!
I am so sorry u are disappointed and worried. I really think the high part will change with time. And I'm the weird one that loves the high look! Definitely get the areola looked. Im interested to hear what they say about it. Head up and hugs!! You r in the blue stage and hopefully will pass and your results will be closer to what u want in the end. Hugs!!

Still waiting

I am a month and a half out and still waiting for the implants to settle or D&F. Nothing yet. I have been getting really impatient and questioning why I even did this if they look worse now than they did before. I have read a lot and I guess it happens to women a lot with BL/BA. My shape now is flat, square bottom and all the fullness riding on top. I really hope what I've been reading is true and the muscle releases the implants at 2.5-3months post op.
I to have a baby..how is the lifting going for you?
It frustrating waiting for the breasts to settle. Do you use a band like some of the girls do that are trying to help the D&F process? I'm sure you will love them soon.
Are you able to do some massaging? I've read some other ladies who have been doing massaging techniques to help them drop? What size implant did you end up with? Was it over or under muscle? Don't worry, my PS said that the look you are experiencing is to be expected and it takes a while for them to settle down! I'm sure they'll end up great!

Update

Almost 3 months out and although implants have dropped a little, they haven't dropped nearly as much as they should have. They are still riding high and lacking fullness at the bottom. The vertical scars are nearly gone now but the crease ones are bright red. I'm using mederma every day without fault as well as wearing the strap to help the implants drop a few hours a day. All in all I'm not where I want to be result wise so I guess I'll just keep waiting. The doctor won't consider doing a revision until I'm 6 months post OP so we shall wait and see.

almost 6 months post op

It's been a while since I've updated but sadly there hasn't been any change. I am not happy with my results and will be looking into getting a revision within the next few months. I am sad that my outcome wasn't what I had hoped for. I feel like I flushed $4,000 down the drain. My breasts are still really high and oddly shaped with no cleavage whatsoever. Noone can even tell I had a boob job done. I haven't been to see the ps in almost two months but will be going to see him early January to see where we can go from here.

typo

I meant to put almost 5 months post op not 6********
I actually think they look great! How are they looking now?
I'm so sorry you're not happy with your results. Hopefully your physician will work with you to get the implant where it should be. Good luck
Revision should help and you will be surprised your Ps may work with you

revision needed

I went in for a follow up visit with my PS today. He's happy with the implants but not happy with the breast lift aspect so I will be needing a revision to take some extra skin off the bottom so I can have the look I initially wanted. I have some mixed emotions but happy that I finally saw him and know what needs to be done. I will be updating the price to reflect the amount that I will have to pay for the revision which is $1,000 for anesthesia and OR room costs (the PS isn't charging anything). I haven't scheduled the date yet but will be doing so soon.
So sorry about your results. I had a BA with Dr Ortega 3 weeks ago and I'm not happy just yet but hopefully in time I will be. I can't believe your boobs haven't dropped in so long that's so strange! I got 300cc HP saline they're bigger than I wanted at the moment and I don't have any under pole but they have been dropping not as fast as I want of course. Good luck on your journey post photos!
How are your implants and lift coming along?
A breast lift and implants...I'm learning that even with the best surgeons we chancing it....
Miami Plastic Surgeon