Revision- Lift with implant replacement

I'm 5/7 and 126 pounds. I'm hoping to go from 325...

I'm 5/7 and 126 pounds. I'm hoping to go from 325 to 500cc. I have followed this board for some time now and have deemed it important to document my journey along with so many of you gracious ladies.
I'm in Miami now, traveled from NC with my husband and daughter for my procedure tomorrow with Dr. Ortega at CG cosmetics. So far I have mixed reviews but I'm not sure if it's just nerves or a combination of other factors. My consultation moved quickly and I believe that a great deal of information was provided during that time. This is my second augmentation and as I recall from my first, it was done in 5 minutes. That doc did an amazing job but 10 years later, breast feeding my daughter for two years and a 100 weight gain then a 145 pound weight loss, has taken a toll on my once perfect breast.
I'm hoping that I can be a better version of myself mentally and physically albeit 10 years older.

Surgery Update

So yesterday was the big day. I arrived at 6:30 am and my husband was called around noon to pick me up. I didn't he and my toddler waiting around. Besides, we booked into a hotel just 7 minutes away.
The whole process went pretty quick. I woke up and three things hit me. 1) The pain was soo incredibly intense, 2) My breast are too small ( I was supposed to be 500 cc. 3) My left breast appears to be a lot bigger than my right. Not sure if this is normal at this stage but the same thing happened with my first BA and for the most part, my breast while beautiful stayed that way even 18 years later

500cc

I had my follow up yesterday and I was indeed given 500 cc saline under the muscle. The pain has been dreadful.

4 days post op

The pain has subsided. There are times when my breast look even and times when my left looks far bigger than the right :(. The left does tend to swell more than the right. Hoping that with time they will even out. I'm also concerned that 500 cc is enough. My breast look extremely small to me. I feel like I know have a B cup.

500cc does look the same in everyone

5 days post op

In an earlier post I meant to say that I don't feel like 500 cc was enough. My doc told me that's the biggest he could safely go. Even with the swelling, they still look very small to me. What will they look like once the swelling subsides?

Does or does not? I was 325 cc before and I don't see much of a size difference. Shape difference yes. Size wise no.
I meant does not. Height, weight, heat measurements, the amount of breast tissue, sag, and skin all play a factor. Also silicone vs saline and different profiles.

5 days post op

I finally took a shower today (sponge bath prior) and changed some of the bandages. The bandage was stuck to some parts of my areole making it difficult to remove but i used some bentidine to saturate the dressing and unstick from my skin. It's still very early in the process I know but for now, I'm still unhappy with the size. I do love how my doctor crafted my nipples. They are smaller and the healing is going well with them. I will be patient and trust that I will have the ultimate outcome that I soo desire.

Weight gain

I should also add that I am extremely swollen everywhere!!! I'm 5/7 and typically around 126. I weighed yesterday and was 137 pounds! I'm soo upset about this. I'm hoping that this is just water weight gain and some constipation. I can't live in a 137 pound body. Besides all of my clothes fit like a glove. This much weight gain will bar me from my own closet.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Very hard day back at work

Today was my first day back to work and let me say, it was absolutely awful. I have a comfy sit down office job and I barely made it through the day.
First, I could barely drive! Just turning the steering wheel was difficult. Opening and closing the door was uncomfortable. Once I got to my office, it was hell trying to open the massive entry doors. Even exiting the ladies room the doors were so darn heavy!
Now I had a lift with 500 cc under the muscle. I don't know if this along with my size makes a difference but this has not been an easy recovery! I must sleep in an upright position night after night. My tailbone hurts from this position night after night and I'm exhausted from not being able to sleep in this position.
Back to my job.... I found it difficult to constantly reach for my phone or type on my keyboard. It's a constant reach reach reach motion. Even the weight of my coat was a nightmare. I typically drink a large "smart water" daily. Even the weight of the water bottle exceeds what one should pick up at this point! What? No water! Don't even try to hold water, purse, and open a door. Impossible. I don't know how gals Are returning to work within a week after this procedure. I don't feel pain per se but the constant reach reach motion in the basics of things is unreal. What on earth does one tote with them to work within one week if your only allowed 10 pounds max? I feel my chest muscle strain under every pound that I attempt to pick up. I have even forgone carrying a purse! This is huge for me. I actually wore flats today to my office because I'm still swollen from the IV fluids. I'm absolutely miserable. I know that it's a process but I don't know how one could be a good patient and carry on like normal within a couple of days. Not possible in my eyes. I've taken tomorrow off. Thank God it's a Friday and I'll have the weekend to rest as well.

Hi ! Sorry to hear you are having a rough recovery but a relief to have found someone who felt somewhat the way I was ! I read so many reviews of women and always read about them saying how easy surgery was in like wth I felt like death !! "Pain wise" I promise it gets better ! Regarding the boob greed" it's horrible isn't it ? I laughed when you said you felt like you were a B cup because I sd the same thing and I tried on my daughters bra she's 32B and it was under my boob lol so i promise you are far frm a B - vs also tried giving me a B "but I think the girl was just being a hataaaa lol ! I actually purchased a bra 32D but took it back a week later because it was too tight so I got a 32DD and after wearing it for 2 hours i noticed it was pushing my boobs down and hurting I took it off and it had lines frm being tight so I will be returning for a 32DDD pls don't get sized at vs they suck !! Anyway point of my long story Lol I promise they will start to take more shape fall into place and give you more of the look you want - I know how stressful it can be feeling disappointed but give yourself time =] " I hope you are felling better xoxo
Labella, thanks for your words of encouragement. Glad to know that I'm not a wuss and this really is a big deal that requires real healing and time.
Just give it some time to drop and fluff and you may see more of the results you want. I know the feeling of wanting bigger boobs. My doctor wouldn't let me go bigger either. Once you can start wearing bras your going to enjoy them more. Enjoy them.

Pulled a muscle

I'm trying to be upbeat here and have gotten wonderful words of encouragement BUT I think I pulled a muscle. I'm past the pain and was just entering the discomfort stage. I am having sharp pains in my right breast now. On the outside. It feels like a muscle strain when I raise from a sitting or lounging position. I have my implants under the muscles. Has this happened to anyone else?

I believe that is totally normal but talk to your ps to really ease your mind ! I am almost a month post op and still have pain especially in my right breast !! Shooting pains @times
Deff not a wuss it's crazy cuz I have real heavy doors @work that were a real b$!?h so I feel your pain !! Trust me I do !!

Sleep and weight

The past couple of days have been mixed. I'm improving and the pain for the most part is gone but this pulled muscle is still an issue. I'm still sleeping in an upright position and it's killing my tailbone. It's soo sore. How are you gals sleeping post op especially those of you with full lift? I can't recline too much. Feels like I'm pulling on the stitches. Also, getting up exacerbates the muscle pull. I don't know what to do.
As for my weight, my weight ballooned up to 144???? I don't know why I continued to pile on weight. Strangely this past Saturday my weight started to come back down to 134 this morning. I feel soo much better with some of this swelling gone. I'm still 9 pounds away from my normal weight and I'm REALLY hoping that I'm back to that weight within a week or two tops!
Other than these two issues, I'm praying that I get past the four week mark with no wound openings, infection, or any I'll fated mishaps. I see many girls with wound issues at 4 weeks with lift????? Any of you experience sudden wounds?

Two Weeks Post Op

Today is my 2 week post op. I'm feeling pretty good. The muscle pull is still pretty sore but only felt when rising from a reclining position. I'm super happy about spring finally arriving and was happy to let my convertible top down!
The boobs.....while I like the shape, I still feel that they are waaay too small. I really want them bigger but at this stage I can't even fathom going through recovery again. I'm still sleeping in an upright position. Strips still on. Still bathing only with bentidine and blow drying strips after EVERY shower. Still wearing a support bra all day and night. Will continue all of these things until 4 weeks. I'm still terrified of incisions opening or developing an infection. I'll do my part as a good patient and hope for the best. On another note, I'm down 2 more pounds. Yippee! 7 pounds away from my normal 125. Don't know why 118-126 is soo important to me but it is! Also, hoping that as my body shrinks and returns to normal weight, my boobs will look bigger. I still don't believe that I have 500 HP. Perhaps they look smaller because it was a lift and under the muscle. Not sure. Nonetheless, I'm feeling great and can't wait to be able to get back to cleaning my house regularly ( I have a very white and ivory color theme going) and sleep on my side. Don't think I'll ever sleep on tummy ever again.

Hi girl I just read your story, it was great and it was also my story. I should just copy and paste your story, because I'm experiencing the same exact thing! First of all, your boobs look great but I would like to see an updated picture of wat they look like now, also 500 cc really is not that big so you do have 500cc if that's what the doctor told you. You should be right at a c-cup. As far as the pain I was like you, the first four days was painfull and then discomfort unless I was reaching or shootN pain. And I gained by 14 pounds so far, constipated from the pain pills, very bloated, I've been taking working medicine and enemas just to dump, and sometimes that won't work
I can't go to the gym for another week and I have to sleep in that upright position still today and I hate it lol. Thursday will be my two week post op and I'm going to post pictures for results or changes in my twins. Again your twins look great, I just thought it was so funny how your story was my story have a great day!
OMG.... Glad I have a fellow RSer who can relate. I had 325 cc before and I was a solid 32/34 D in every bra I bought. I was certain that I would pretty much maintain that size or go up a bit with the increase in cc. I'm not so sure now. As for the weight, 125 isn't tiny tiny but on my bone structure and height, it puts me at a size 0. The weight gain has been the WORST part. Prior to surgery I had to boost my iron quickly from 8.4 to 12.7 in like 6 weeks. That alone added a fair amount of weight! I've gone completely carb free eating only fish and water over the past few days and thank God I'm back to 125.7 this morning. I'll see what the girls look like at the 4 month mark. If it's not to my liking, I will have a revision. Hopefully they come out looking like yours or close to it. Your girls really are awesome! Wow that would be almost an additional 200 cc. Perhaps 600 will be more to my liking.

3 weeks post op

Can't believe that 3 weeks have passed! Ok, the muscle pull that I lamented about is gone! Yay! No more pain from that. The swelling still persist the moment I eat a starch or sodium. I am back to my normal weight but I feel puffy. I still have tape on my boobs and I REFUSE to remove them until 4 weeks. I'm TERRIFIED of developing a wound! I keep them in a post op bra at all times except for showering. I then apply fresh tape. They are still really high and again, I'm still not happy with the size! Ugh! They are beautiful at least in my eyes but far too small for me. My husband says that they fit my frame perfectly and the size and shape looks very youthful. I don't know. I'll give them 6 months before increasing them to 600-650 cc.

Wow, your revision looks fabulous, congratulations!
Hey girl I'm glad U r feelN good and satisfied, and for hubby to like it makes it even more better
Hey you look great! What a difference from your initial pics! I know you are stressing about your size, but to me it looks like you haven't dropped yet. They will be bigger once that happens. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles sleeping and for regular tasks at work. I just had my revision yesterday and will be going back to work in a week. Fortunately mine is only on one side and so will not likely have your same struggles. I can only imagine! Well keep us Posted! I'll be surprised if you don't "fluff" from your current size and get bigger. Try to be patient =)

4 weeks post op

Ok so last week Thursday made my 4 week post op anniversary. I'm feeling good. Still dealing with slight tension pulls. I'm not 100% and this bothers me. My breast are still sore around the nipples and incisions. Speaking of which, I'm still wearing tape :(. I'm terrified to take them off. I still replace the tapes that have come off on their own and cover the ones that are still hanging on. I will say that the exposed scars are VERY thin and light!!!! Yay!!! Still, I'm so scared of open wounds. I know it's a month but I see a lot of girls with sudden open wounds at 4 weeks. I'm still sleeping in an upright position. Ugh!!! I don't know how to transition. My first breast job was easy but this time with the added lift, I feel the need to be overly cautious. I'm ready to just get on with my life already. I'm a lover of extraordinary clothes and I'm a public figure with my company. I've been shying away from my day to day practices because I'm still a little uncomfortable and these awful surgical bras limit what I'd like to wear. I'm very fastidious and meticulous with my appearance. I'm just ready to get beyond this phase. I'm wining I KNOW but I'm really candid and I prefer to put my true feelings forth. I honestly don't know when I will stop taping, feel safe sleeping on my side, or transition to a non wire bra then wired bra. Patience patience patience.
On another note, I have now decided to have a bbl. Nothing huge! I don't have enough body fat for a massive butt and I refuse to gain weight. I just want a nice little puff and to shrink my waist from a 24 to perhaps a 21 if I'm lucky. I'd like to have my inner thighs done a bit to increase the GAP! That's for another blog I suppose.
Still waiting to see how my breast progress to rate my doctor as I have gone above and beyond to be the perfect patient.

Thank you!

4 week post op

6 weeks yay!!!

Six weeks post op today and I feel great! I'm still worried about the incisions but I'll probably fret about them until 8 weeks. I've started massaging them and it feels weird because again, I'm nervous about the incisions. These boobies are pretty but definitely too small for my taste. I must admit though that I look thinner than before and my clothes have a better fit. Still, I can't wait to be able to see what they will look like in a real bra. I'm still considering going bigger 650 perhaps but I will wait a full 6 months to decide. I already have a doc in mind and of course the funds!

amazing!
Lovely results! Great shape and the incision scars are going to be practically invisible once you heal. Congrats on a successful revision!
Looking good

Def. worth it

Just a quick update. All is good, well past being scared of wounds opening up and no longer sleeping in an upright position. I'm on my sides now and back to restful nights! The size isn't a big issue now as these breast really are super beautiful although I have noticed that my left is slightly bigger than my right. Was this way pre surgery as well. Ugh why can't they (docs) make you totally even during surgery? Moving along.... Clothes are fitting beautiful and I can actually wear a wired bra no with no discomfort what's so ever. Not that I need one! I'm now measuring at a 32 D at one place 32 DD at another. I'm good with those measurements

I'm very sorry for the late reply to all who left a comment. I didn't realize that all of your wonderful comments were here. A big thanks to ALL of you!
You really look amazing and I think the size is fabulous! I'm glad I haven't weighed myself because I would die if I gained 10 pounds. I've lost 35 and want to lose 35 more and if the scale went up that much I don't know what I would do. I guess I will wait a few more weeks to weigh myself. But, you really do look amazing!!!!

Cute boobies but

Cute boobies but I'm definitely going bigger. Maybe. Oh I don't know. They are cute and youthful looking which is always great in the aging process. Clothes do fit better BUT I love big boobs on a slender figure for MY dream look. Now that I'm 4 months out, let me say that I can see where my doctor could have gone bigger. I asked for the max! I still have a fair amount of space between my boobs. I'm 125 but 5'7. I could handle more. 500 cc def. is nothing significant. I'm a 32dd. Looks more like a C.

Welcome to the official boobie greed club lol! I've been here a year and still not happy with my 450cc boobs either. Just doing research now about revision options. Boobie greed sucks...does my head in. I'm same as you...tall swallowed up the ccs. My boobs are lovely but just not as juicy as I wanted them . Let me know how you get on girl hugs shelly xoxo
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ortega was a very cool doc. Personable is a good word to describe him. Few tattoos even. 5 weeks later I can see his work starting to take form. While I'm not overjoyed with the size, his handy work is pretty awesome. My breast are smaller than what I'd love but they are beautiful. The scars are barely visable and this was a full lift. Very good job! CG cosmetics.... Well they are very fast and busy. No frills. To date, no one has followed up with me. I was in/out and long forgotten. While there things moved quickly. My coordinator Tatiana, wasn't there for my pre-op and I'm not sure she was there the day of my surgery. Again no follow up. Not sure if I'd utilize them again and I'm currently planning on getting more body enhancement. I didn't like the building at all but the staff there were nice. There was a nurse Palma I think. She was soo sweet and funny. As an out of state patient, I hated giving my cc over the phone to god knows who on the other end. All providers should have a way for a patient to pay securely on line or in person. This place wanted all of the money BEFORE the pre op! I had to pay over the phone 2 weeks prior to surgery!