I have cancelled surgery, I am too much on the fence about silicone and saline.

I am 33 and have 3 amazing kids.. I had a full TT...

I am 33 and have 3 amazing kids.. I had a full TT without muscle repair just 5 weeks ago. 13 years ago I had implants, but I did no research and just choose the first surgeon I saw. I was not happy with results. I am 5'5 and 118 pounds and the 34DD was way to big! He just told me he would "fill the sag". I lived with those until 4 years ago when I had them removed. I now want to get what I should have had 13 years ago...a LIFT with an implant. I want to stay a full C, or maybe a D.. I have not decided yet. I am going with memory gel silicone. Any suggestions on size would be helpful! I want to be able to wear lingerie and since I am so small in my body, I do not want to be so big up top that things do not fit my boobs.. I am very excited, I booked out of state witch is scary but I honestly could not find any docs in my area that I loved the before and afters of. I LOVE the before and afters of the doc I choose, so I praying and believing all will go well.

I have 300cc rice in my pics now, what do you...

I have 300cc rice in my pics now, what do you think? This is with a shirt and undershirt on.. I am thinking 300 is the MOST I would go..

Surgery set for March 7th, 2013

Surgery set for March 7th, 2013

I am 90% sure I am going with saline again. My...

I am 90% sure I am going with saline again. My reasons are this: I have an autoimmune disease already that I have worked very hard to control with diet. If my joint pain came back, I would hate to think it was the silicone, or to not know. Also, cost. I do not want to have to get MRI's every few years to check to see if its broken. I know most women do not follow this rule, but because I already have some health issues I would want to. Lastly, I want to know if my implant is broke, with saline I will know. I had saline for 10 years before so I know my body is ok with them. I had them removed and it was an in office procedure and only $250.00. If I had silicone it is A LOT more money if I want them removed in the future. I know there are cons: I was able to hear the water when I was exercising hardly, but it was not noticed by others. I also had rippling in my right breast when laying flat before, but my implants were over the muscle and very large before. This time I am having them under the muscle with a lift. My boyfriends in the past never had any issues with my salines feel, they loved them. My husbnad now also met me with them and he loved them to, so I know they will not feel as good as the silicone, but no one has ever complained with my old salines.

I am 90% sure I am going with saline again. My...

Still trying to make an educated decisions on...

Still trying to make an educated decisions on saline and silicone. I am finding a lot of women, tons of women switching out there salines for silicone, but that does not help me. If you think about it, 10 years ago almost all women were forced to get saline..so you never know if those same women would have had issues whether they had saline or silicone. All the women now getting silicone could be talking about issues with them in another 5 years. I have seen some pretty terrible picture of even the new silicone that are supposed to stay together when they leak still get stuck in tissues and required extensive surgery to correct. BUT, I seem to like the way silicone looks better...AHHH! Anyone who had both out there to give me advice?

I was 90% sure I was doing saline, now I am back...

I was 90% sure I was doing saline, now I am back to silicone. I know the risks, but.. what are the chances of a rupture? SO MANY women, millions must have silicone over the last 6 years and I do not hear any complaints.. The only thing that annoys me is saying you need to have an MRI every few years?!

Decided to cancel for now, I like the way silicone...

Decided to cancel for now, I like the way silicone looks better than saline, but I want to give it a few more years before I trust there safety, at least 10 years out, they are at 6 right now. Also, my current boobs WORK with my hubby if you know what I mean, but I would still like the improvment, just not sure if the scar from the lift I would need would be worth it either. So I may be back in the future, but not now. Good luck girls!
Ary Krau

Tons of research online. I liked his before and afters and credentials best. He also emailed me right away and spent all weekend emailing me back and forth to answer my many questions! I have not actually seen him yet though, I am going out to state for the procedure. Even after I cancelled surgery he was very friendly and wished me luck, I will go to Dr. Krau if I decide to have it done in the future.

Hi Karen1978, good for you!! I just read your post --- its great to hear of some people who did there research and did not go guns a blazing into this. All the best. I did it --(i mean i did research it) but it was not for me in the end. I am all me---sadly not enough but i am all natural and feel so much healthier. I just have to accept how I am made. Fortunatley my husband does! Good luck with whatever decision you make in the future. xx
would love to follow your tummy tuck pics since you did not have MR - will you post? please
Keep us all posted! =)
Awwww, well as long as you're happy. At least you got your tummy fixed and can stick around to keep us posted on ur results.
I am ok with the MRIs every few years .. I actually am already planning to have a revision in a few years - bigger with a higher profile I think but I may be planning a little too prematurely! ;o) xoxo
hi there! thank you for your lovely comments on my page. i actually think your boobs look perfectly fine! i would have been totally happy with your look! i am wondering why you are getting implants again since you didn't like them the first time around? you seem like you have plenty of tissue left to have great results with just a lift. then you wouldn't be worried about ruptures, etc. i had rippling on the sides from my salines as well, and my skin was so thin on the sides and bottom of my breasts. did you have them put in through the nipple originally? i saw you ask about regaining nipple sensation. if your nips are totally numb, it might be permanent, but the lift might rewire the nerves and bring about some changes. i have read about that happening.
Aww thank you, it was not the implants I was unhappy with, it was the size of them. They were WAY to big for me. The look I really want is upper pole fullness and I just can't get that without an implant. I will be going smaller for sure. This pic does not really show how bad it is, even my sister who is 12 years older than me said my boobs remind her of our 90 year old Grandma when I bend over..In the bedroom, its VERY bad for me..
Well, let me tell you again that I have saline. I found my paperwork & I got mine back in 1997. So after 16yrs of having them & watching them on a consistent bases get more ripples as time goes on, I can tell you w/o a shadow of doubt if I could afford to get a BL & have my implants exchanged I would do it in a heartbeat. I will in the next 5yrs. My saline implants were even overfilled, but as time goes by they some how loose their shape & size & start to ripple & combine that with our skin that changes over time & looses it's elasticity & collegen & it's just not pretty. Sure it's pretty w/ clothes on, but don't u wanna look pretty w/o clothes & bras? We looked fine in clothes w/ our tummy's but that just wasn't good enough. Just food for thought.
Oh & ur right the men don't notice a difference at all. My hubby has no issues with my boobs, it's all me. My soon to be sister in law had her saline switched out for silicone. So if u want me to ask her a question I can. She's really happy with the new silicone ones.
So would you get silicone then, even with the risks of silent rupture?
Yes, please ask her if they LOOK different.. Thats my main concern, cause I understand that after 10 years whether saline or silicone, both may not look the same and need replacement, but I want to know if she is happier with the way the silicones look at first. I like the faker look, not the totally natural..ya know? I mean I like high pole fullness, but NOT super round and hard..witch is what I see a lot of salines.. I have plenty of breast tissue BUT VERY skin thin on one of my breasts.
A friend of mins has had saline for 14 years and is going to my doc to exchange hers for silicone - she said hers were hard for the longest time and loves the way silicones look at feel. Karen - I also heard (as crazy as it sounds) that the silent ruptures were only bad if you were allergic to silicone. I don't know but I told my doc what I wanted and had full trust in him. Good luck! I know it's a big decision but if you are that worried about the risks, then go with salines. P.S. My other half has dated several girls with implants (one girl had a lift too) and mine feel soft and natural and I'm only 5 weeks post op. Either way I'm sure you will be thrilled!! =)
Oh and I will probably not even last 10 years with these and go back for a little bigger revision in a few years. If there are signs of anything to be concerned with when I go in for my revision (on an MRI) or while I'm in the OR, I will have my PS have salines on hand.
Yep! I'd rather have rupture I didn't know about & could have the time to fix than instantly have a flat boob. It's not like I could run to the dr & have a spare put back in instantly. I'd have to plan that out financially. You know what mean?
I know she is happier. I will ask her more tho. I know a lot of women look fake becuz they didn't have breast tissue to begin with. Having breast tissue really helps to keep it looking more natural. If ur skin is thin, like mine is now, I really wouldn't do saline...unless u are ok with getting new ones every so often. But, then u still run the risk of developing scar tissue each time.
Metal Momma - I am with you. I have silicones and they do not look fake at all in clothes .. they feel very natural and have been soft and squishy since day 1. I will get an MRI in 3 years and keep my eye on them. I love them!! :))
You are right. I had saline for 10 years and had no issues with them, it was just I hated them cause they were too big for my frame and I had them over the muscle. They were huge AND saggy from the beginning...not a good combo, The doc I said he would "fill the sag" instead of a lift, and that was a BIG mistake cause I was very saggy. I did have rippling after 7 years (after 2 kids) but only when laying flat on my back on my right side where I have thinner skin. You could not see rippling in a bathing suit or bra or anything...BUT I had them over the muscle so that's expected I suppose. My left boob with all my tissue felt great, felt like a normal breast cause of all my natural tissue. I have a friend who has silicone for 4 years OVER the muscle and has the same thing...rippling after her pregnancies when laying down. So its just such a toss up for me. I am leaning towards saline still because I do have so much breast tissue and I really hope being under the muscle helps my right side with the rippling when I lay down, and the lift I am getting should pull things tighter. My hubby loved my salines before so I am not worried about him. I was actually his FIRST and ONLY everything..so he has never felt any womens other bobbies..:)) but if I were single and did not want anyone to "know" I would for sure take my chances and get silicone.. but I will also have a big scar from the lift..so there is no hiding it naked..LOL...Decisions, decisions.... It will be hilarious if I come on after the fact and say I got silicone..hahah
You want bigger already? LOL..YOU LOOK AMAZING GIRL!
You that would look weird, having one flat bobbie..but at least there are padded push up bras maybe I could stuff with rice..LOL. I read a story with a doc in the silicone study, they were saying although the silicone did not leak all over body when ruptured it did get lodged into breast tissue and required extensive surgery to remove it all, as well as removing some lympths it got into in the area. That freaks me out with my current health stuff I have worked so hard to correct. I know the chances of that happening though..of having one rupture is probably more likely I win the lottery..but it COULD happen and then I would mentally be freaking out if my joint pain autoimmune stuff returned. You are in a different spot then me, sounds like you are super healthy without any past health issues. If I were you it would be a no brainer..silicone it is. It will be interesting to see what I end up with...LOL
Maybe I will just ask him to stuff me with rice bags...
Considering you have health issues to worry about, I too would stick with saline. Mine are under the muscle, so rippling will still happen. If I lean forward, bending over.....like we do to show how we no longer have tummy hang, that is when I can see the ripples on the sides of my breasts. And if I feel myself up I can feel the ripples underneath in the crease of my breast. It's like the edge of the bag, kinda weird. And I have 1 indention on the top of my breast now. Only I see it. My breasts feel natural, I really believe having breast tissue on top makes that difference for sure. I was a deflated B cup before I got my implants. When I went for my consult for my tummy tuck, I was pretty sold on my PS anyway, but I asked about getting bigger implants to fill the sag. She told me what I already knew in my heart, I need a lift & bigger implants won't make me happy. I questioned her more about silicone and rippling and she pretty much told me that they are gonna ripple too. I was under the impression silicone did not ripple at all. That's what I get for watching Dr 90201 (not Board Certified btw, lol!) So she wasn't trying to sell me, so at that moment I went from 100% sold on her for my PS to 110%. I don't want someone telling me what I want to hear, I just to know the truth. So pretty much what I need most is a lift & rippling seems to happen either way. I do believe it happens less than saline, but ripples still happen. Plus, you already know you can handle and do well with Saline, so if it ain't broke?? And it's not night and day either. They still feel just as good & look just as good. I've never had anyone guess that my boobs were fake.
My soon to be sister in law said that she had her saline for 10yrs. After 9yrs they started to get hard. She said her saline never looked or felt as good as her silicone do now. She had them switched in 2009. She said she knew several people that had silicone for 20yrs & they still look great. She said that if she could have gotten silicone from the start she would have. She said she just has regular titty silicone, lol! Not the fancy gummy bear style kind.
Lol get saline .. Seems to make sense for you .. Mentally so you don't have to worry and maybe physically too. ;)
Lol Metal Momma! I think I just have regular silicones not gummy ones or anything. :)
Hi! I just read your post and just wanted to say that I have an auto Immune disease and just had silicone implants put in in dec. I chose silicone because i liked the feel of it way better then the saline and am very happy with my decision so far. Here are a few things that helped me make my decision and know I was making the right decision!; There have been studies on women who have auto immune diseases and silicone implants and the studies proved that there is no correlation between silicone and increased auto immune disease symtoms. Saline implants are incased in a silicone shell so you have already had the presence of silicone in your body and you shouldnt have a reaction to it. If anything just having surgery would cause your body to have a flare up but that is a chance you would take just by choosing to have the implants either saline or silicone. if the silicone leaks it will not harm you, and actually if you do get a rupture you have the option to wait to have the implant replaced since it wont totally deflate like if a saline implant would. so if you are really concerned about the silicone/immune disorder issue you can look up the studies and read about it. You should get what you want though and make an informed decision and not regret what you choose! Good luck to you and i hope you end up loving what you decide!