I have cancelled surgery, I am too much on the fence about silicone and saline. - Miami, FL

I am 33 and have 3 amazing kids.. I had a full TT...

I am 33 and have 3 amazing kids.. I had a full TT without muscle repair just 5 weeks ago. 13 years ago I had implants, but I did no research and just choose the first surgeon I saw. I was not happy with results. I am 5'5 and 118 pounds and the 34DD was way to big! He just told me he would "fill the sag". I lived with those until 4 years ago when I had them removed. I now want to get what I should have had 13 years ago...a LIFT with an implant. I want to stay a full C, or maybe a D.. I have not decided yet. I am going with memory gel silicone. Any suggestions on size would be helpful! I want to be able to wear lingerie and since I am so small in my body, I do not want to be so big up top that things do not fit my boobs.. I am very excited, I booked out of state witch is scary but I honestly could not find any docs in my area that I loved the before and afters of. I LOVE the before and afters of the doc I choose, so I praying and believing all will go well.

Good luck!
Well the good thing about the new silicone implants is that they don't leak out. If they bust, u wouldn't know it w/o a mamagram, unlike saline that will deflat. But I'd say you would be happy w/ 350cc's. You look larger than a B cup. I was a B cup, ski slope shaped, no filling, with plenty of skin to fill. I went with 420 cc's. I'm a small D. At 1st my PS went with a smaller cc & there was not much change & I was really unhappy, so she swapped them out for the larger cc. I think it's better to go a tad bigger than too small. Cause they do shrink once they settle in.
I think you have a lot of breast for a PS to work with. I would go with a lift with no implant. You can always add an implant later if you feel too small. I think you will be happy and then you will have no risk of a capsular contracture or any implant leakage complication.

I have 300cc rice in my pics now, what do you...

I have 300cc rice in my pics now, what do you think? This is with a shirt and undershirt on.. I am thinking 300 is the MOST I would go..

Btw, love the rice test, but if you are going under the muscle and have a lot of extra skin you could 'need' more than 300 ccs to achieve your look. Everyone is different .. I would not get hung up on the ccs. I showed my doc a pic of one of his patients and told him I want to be a D cup and look like this. He suggested 425 cc's silicone, moderate profile, under the muscle. Everyone is so different though - another girl I met on this forum started with a AA size and only went with 421 ccs and is bigger than me even though I ended up with 457 cc's. Whatever your doc says, I would add 25 ccs LOL! In all seriousness, different people have different skin .. apparently I had a lot to 'absorb' 457 ccs. Good luck and I hope everyone has a boobalicious day! xoxo
Yeah, I have heard going under muscle you loose some, I just do not want to end up too big, because I hated being as= 34DD, but I was also super saggy.. Its crazy 10 different girls can get the same amount of cc's and look 100% different. I really will need to trust my PS on this one, its just such a big decision..
Hi when do you have the boob job? x

Surgery set for March 7th, 2013

Surgery set for March 7th, 2013

I haven't had my BA yet, but my surgeon told me not to worry about cc's because he will have many implants around him to see what will fit with my build. He'll insert one and sit me up and if it looks fake or not proportionate, he will take it out and insert another one.
Exactly! ccs vary from woman to woman .. my only advice besides go 25ccs bigger than you both decide on is to bring a pic with you of what you want to look like and tell him what size you want to me. Trying on boobs in his office is fun too but you lose some volume when they get put into your body (especially under the muscle) I know SOOOO many women who all say they wish they went bigger. Feel free to check out my pics/profile/stats and good luck! xoxo :)
Oh yeah I have three pics that I am going to bring him of my ideal, all of them look to be in the full C, low D range. U did go bigger the first time and hated it, I was 118 pounds with a 34DD and I could not fit into most cute shirts or bathing suits, mine were also over the muscle though and hanged..I did not like them at all.

I am 90% sure I am going with saline again. My...

I am 90% sure I am going with saline again. My reasons are this: I have an autoimmune disease already that I have worked very hard to control with diet. If my joint pain came back, I would hate to think it was the silicone, or to not know. Also, cost. I do not want to have to get MRI's every few years to check to see if its broken. I know most women do not follow this rule, but because I already have some health issues I would want to. Lastly, I want to know if my implant is broke, with saline I will know. I had saline for 10 years before so I know my body is ok with them. I had them removed and it was an in office procedure and only $250.00. If I had silicone it is A LOT more money if I want them removed in the future. I know there are cons: I was able to hear the water when I was exercising hardly, but it was not noticed by others. I also had rippling in my right breast when laying flat before, but my implants were over the muscle and very large before. This time I am having them under the muscle with a lift. My boyfriends in the past never had any issues with my salines feel, they loved them. My husbnad now also met me with them and he loved them to, so I know they will not feel as good as the silicone, but no one has ever complained with my old salines.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am 90% sure I am going with saline again. My...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still trying to make an educated decisions on...

Still trying to make an educated decisions on saline and silicone. I am finding a lot of women, tons of women switching out there salines for silicone, but that does not help me. If you think about it, 10 years ago almost all women were forced to get saline..so you never know if those same women would have had issues whether they had saline or silicone. All the women now getting silicone could be talking about issues with them in another 5 years. I have seen some pretty terrible picture of even the new silicone that are supposed to stay together when they leak still get stuck in tissues and required extensive surgery to correct. BUT, I seem to like the way silicone looks better...AHHH! Anyone who had both out there to give me advice?

hi there! thank you for your lovely comments on my page. i actually think your boobs look perfectly fine! i would have been totally happy with your look! i am wondering why you are getting implants again since you didn't like them the first time around? you seem like you have plenty of tissue left to have great results with just a lift. then you wouldn't be worried about ruptures, etc. i had rippling on the sides from my salines as well, and my skin was so thin on the sides and bottom of my breasts. did you have them put in through the nipple originally? i saw you ask about regaining nipple sensation. if your nips are totally numb, it might be permanent, but the lift might rewire the nerves and bring about some changes. i have read about that happening.
Well, let me tell you again that I have saline. I found my paperwork & I got mine back in 1997. So after 16yrs of having them & watching them on a consistent bases get more ripples as time goes on, I can tell you w/o a shadow of doubt if I could afford to get a BL & have my implants exchanged I would do it in a heartbeat. I will in the next 5yrs. My saline implants were even overfilled, but as time goes by they some how loose their shape & size & start to ripple & combine that with our skin that changes over time & looses it's elasticity & collegen & it's just not pretty. Sure it's pretty w/ clothes on, but don't u wanna look pretty w/o clothes & bras? We looked fine in clothes w/ our tummy's but that just wasn't good enough. Just food for thought.
Oh & ur right the men don't notice a difference at all. My hubby has no issues with my boobs, it's all me. My soon to be sister in law had her saline switched out for silicone. So if u want me to ask her a question I can. She's really happy with the new silicone ones.

I was 90% sure I was doing saline, now I am back...

I was 90% sure I was doing saline, now I am back to silicone. I know the risks, but.. what are the chances of a rupture? SO MANY women, millions must have silicone over the last 6 years and I do not hear any complaints.. The only thing that annoys me is saying you need to have an MRI every few years?!

I am ok with the MRIs every few years .. I actually am already planning to have a revision in a few years - bigger with a higher profile I think but I may be planning a little too prematurely! ;o) xoxo
Aww thank you, it was not the implants I was unhappy with, it was the size of them. They were WAY to big for me. The look I really want is upper pole fullness and I just can't get that without an implant. I will be going smaller for sure. This pic does not really show how bad it is, even my sister who is 12 years older than me said my boobs remind her of our 90 year old Grandma when I bend over..In the bedroom, its VERY bad for me..

Decided to cancel for now, I like the way silicone...

Decided to cancel for now, I like the way silicone looks better than saline, but I want to give it a few more years before I trust there safety, at least 10 years out, they are at 6 right now. Also, my current boobs WORK with my hubby if you know what I mean, but I would still like the improvment, just not sure if the scar from the lift I would need would be worth it either. So I may be back in the future, but not now. Good luck girls!

Hi Karen1978, good for you!! I just read your post --- its great to hear of some people who did there research and did not go guns a blazing into this. All the best. I did it --(i mean i did research it) but it was not for me in the end. I am all me---sadly not enough but i am all natural and feel so much healthier. I just have to accept how I am made. Fortunatley my husband does! Good luck with whatever decision you make in the future. xx
would love to follow your tummy tuck pics since you did not have MR - will you post? please
Keep us all posted! =)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Tons of research online. I liked his before and afters and credentials best. He also emailed me right away and spent all weekend emailing me back and forth to answer my many questions! I have not actually seen him yet though, I am going out to state for the procedure. Even after I cancelled surgery he was very friendly and wished me luck, I will go to Dr. Krau if I decide to have it done in the future.