The Worst Experience in my Life - Miami, FL

I had a transflap with Dr. Sean Simon in 2009 due...

I had a transflap with Dr. Sean Simon in 2009 due to breast cancer. As if, the experience of having breast cancer was not hard enough, the doctor told me I qualified for a transflap knowing that I had a C-section and therefor the surgery would not be successful. Well, it wasn't.

First, when I was ready for the surgery, on my way to the surgery room, the nurse gave the message that the Dr. was not going to do my surgery that day because he was not feeling well. A week latter, I was in again for my surgery and it was a disaster; 2 days latter I had to have my breast removed because the procedure did not worked for one breast.

I ended up expending a whole month in the hospital literally about to day. I had to have a vaccum placed on my breast and belly to suck out the infeccion. After a painfull month, I got out of the hospital and dispite the fact that I would constantly tell the Dr. that my breast and belly was "leaking" he never refered my to another surgeon.

I had to take the decision myself to go see my general surgeon which treated me for over a year, yes I had DAILY treatment for a year in order to be able to recover from the surgery. Meanwhile, I had a hole on my chest in the place of the left breast, my belly was wide open as a pig and my right breast had holes in which I to stick over 12" of medicaded gauze in it every single day.

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Transflap due to Breast Cancer.

On this site is because i need to reconstruction as well due to BC. Sorry to hear what you had to go through. But thank you for your review. It's very helpful for me because i have recently moved to Miami area from North East. Relying on reviews online since i don't know that many people in south FL yet.
How horrible. How are you doing now? If you are looking for a great dr you can read my story and see what I would recommend Dr. Mark Pinsky in Palm Beach Gardens. I know it's a little way from where you are but he is 4 hours from me and it's the best decision I ever made. I hope you get better and I wish you the best. Sincerely, Darlene

I'm truly sorry this wasn't a better experience for you! You have been through a lot. More than one woman should have to endure.

Please let us know how you're doing!