The Worst Experience in my Life - Miami, FL

I had a transflap with Dr. Sean Simon in 2009 due...

I had a transflap with Dr. Sean Simon in 2009 due to breast cancer. As if, the experience of having breast cancer was not hard enough, the doctor told me I qualified for a transflap knowing that I had a C-section and therefor the surgery would not be successful. Well, it wasn't.

First, when I was ready for the surgery, on my way to the surgery room, the nurse gave the message that the Dr. was not going to do my surgery that day because he was not feeling well. A week latter, I was in again for my surgery and it was a disaster; 2 days latter I had to have my breast removed because the procedure did not worked for one breast.

I ended up expending a whole month in the hospital literally about to day. I had to have a vaccum placed on my breast and belly to suck out the infeccion. After a painfull month, I got out of the hospital and dispite the fact that I would constantly tell the Dr. that my breast and belly was "leaking" he never refered my to another surgeon.

I had to take the decision myself to go see my general surgeon which treated me for over a year, yes I had DAILY treatment for a year in order to be able to recover from the surgery. Meanwhile, I had a hole on my chest in the place of the left breast, my belly was wide open as a pig and my right breast had holes in which I to stick over 12" of medicaded gauze in it every single day.

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Transflap due to Breast Cancer.