5 Kids 1 Husband Now ME! - Miami, FL

Hi All, I've beens stalking and lurking for...

Hi All,
I've beens stalking and lurking for waaaaayyyyy too long and have finally decided to start my own journey.
II've put in my time with the mommy body and now I'm extremely excited and looking forward to the new body. I'm only having lipo to my abs/flanks/backroll and BA and I honestly can't wait......

I've been considering it for a while finally narrowed my doctors down to a select few. One of them was Dr. Michael Shotwell here in Atlanta at American Lipo Centers. They had giving me a pretty good price range and I was fairly happy. But as I continued to do my research I became more and more nervous and second guessing my decision. I don't like that feeling but I went ahead and placed my deposit down and was scheduled to have lipo only with them. Then I posed the question of having lipo in one place and BA in another to our lovely community of doctors on here and all of them pretty much said the same thing and it was all great advice..... 1) Make sure your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and 2) Why not have both procedures at the same time by the same PS. I had thought the same thing but I tried to put it out of my mind because I had put a deposit down. Well needless to say I'm very happy that I followed my instincts and pursued looking further into my PS while continuously searching for another. I found out that the original PS was not a PS at all but a General surgeon. Now don't get me wrong he's is a board certified surgeon but not a PS. This may not bother most but it bothered me. The question I kept asking myself was whether he would be more concerned with just removing the fat from my chosen areas or would be into sculpting the body as well...... Well I got my answer when I finally got the chance to meet him today. He was very shy and sweet, but as I asked him a few questions and he explained the procedure and what he would do, it became very clear to me that he would only be concerned with removing the fat. Therefore, I cancelled my procedure with ALC (atlanta) and scheduled all of my procedures with Dr. Jacob Freiman in Miami. I only made that decision this morning and already I'm relieved about my decision. I've been going back and forth with Yadira for quite some time and she was very accommodating when I called and I asked if Dr. Freiman could do my lipo and BA. I am now scheduled for my mini-makeover March 10th. Everything has been booked and now I am just waiting my time out.

A little advice if you don't feel right about it, don't go through with it.
Well, this was long enough I guess. I'm extremely excited to finally be on the latter part of this journey and very happy to be on it with so many other women, so I know I wasn't just me... lol
I look forward to sharing with you all and I will post pics after the procedure of before and after.

Massages Before Surgery

I'm literally 2 weeks away from my day and I'm so excited it's really hard to focus on anything else.
I'm thinking of having at least 2 massages before my procedures, I'm hoping to relax my muscle a little more. I don't if the massages will help. Has anyone else tried massages before surgery? Just wondering. I'm sooooo excited and anxious, I can't wait.

UPDATE last minute change!

Last minute change..... I'm just finding out that I can't have the lipo and BA at the same time. Apparently per Fl law your not supposed to have more than one liter of fat removed when having another major procedure. Since the lipo means more to me than anything I will have the lipo with a small fat transfer. I'm not really into the whole BBL but I'll be honest in saying that I could use a small lift plus I am a curves and shape kind of lady...... The husband agreed that I will have the lipo w/bbl and if I still want BA later I can have it. I already know I'm going to have a BA bc I'm a boob person. Only by the time I get new "girls" I should be happy with the rest of my body.
So anyone have tips on the whole BBL thing?
Also I'm still going with Dr. Freiman, has anyone else had BBL with him? Please share if you have. Thanks

Lipo & BBL 3.10.14

These two weeks may have flew by but this weekend seems to be taking forever. I fly out in the morning with my my husband. Thank God he's home because most times he's out of town. I got to speak with Dr. Freiman yesterday evening and I really appreciate him taking the time out to call. Right now I really hope I haven't over done it with everything I bought to prepare. I've started taking antibiotics & a stool softener so that they are already in my system for the procedure the last thing I want is to be constipated afterwards.
I'm truly trying to get myself completely together. I've also been to the dentist several times the last 2 months. I see no point in having a nice body without healthy teeth & a smile to match. So right now I'm extremely happy about that as well. I will post pics of before & after, afterwards. I don't think I have the nerve to right now. But maybe I'll get the nerve once I'm in Miami. Who knows?!

Can't Sleep

Soooooo..... my plane leaves in 3 hours and we need to leave the house in 1 hour and I have not been to sleep nor do I plan to. I'm afraid I'll over sleep...... So I called the hotel to see if we could check-in early and apparently they are completely booked and the earliest we can check-in is 12:30........ I'll have to take that I guess.... But I'm going to be so tired probably the only we'll get to really enjoy anything. The husband and I were hoping to go on one of our dates today.... But we'll see..
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

So far I'm very pleased with my communication with Yadira and the staff at CG Cosmetics. I was able to speak with him yesterday. I'm glad I did. For some reason I get tge feeling that he's a perfectionist, which is fine by me because so am I. So I feel great that I'm going with him for my procedure. I'll update my review of him more with pics and afterwards to help those who want to see his work outside of his fabulous BA work which is what I had originally chose him for.

How are you doing. He is my surgeon for BA and TT, no regrets so far, but I am looking forward to a BBL. please let us know how a=u doing and if u are happy. thank you
I actually came to Miami to have my lipo done by Dr. Jason Altman in Coral Gables.
Glad you didn't go to Dr. Shotwell, as I almost did as well. Please look up "“2nd Degree Burns Dr Shotwell Atlanta...” by Tati3261.
umm update?! :D Hope everything went well post pics!
OMG!!! I know how excited you are... I went on friday for my first consultation and talked to DR Freiman. They gave me the same quotation as yours... I'm not very sure of getting the lipo with him yet but I haves seen lots of good reviews about him ( have u seen the news of what happened to that lady that ended in coma for a year?) that makes me a lil nervous but please please keep us on track about your experience... It will help me to make a decision :)
Hi Miluka20, I'm super excited..... I read about the lady too. But I also thought her situation was partially do to not informing them of others medication she was taking. Idk.... you know there's always risk in it no matter what though. I'm praying. I actually had the chance to speak with Dr. Freiman on the phone yesterday. I really appreciated him taking the time to call and speak with me. I actually feel good about having the lipo and transfer with him. I just pray I get the true results I'm looking for since I'm doing this for strictly aesthetics & body confidence. Even though we don't see a lot of his body work. I get the impression that he's a perfectionist so I believe all his work is probably good. I will definitely keep everyone updated. I plan to post pics as soon I feel I can. My procedure is Monday morning. I fly out first thing in the morning.
Glad your husband can be there with you , told you the time would fly by. Looking forward to your updates !
Yes Ms. Saranoh it has! But now time seems to be creeping. Lol
Well , sorry :-( but soon you will be giving us post op updates !!!
Right! Hoping to see a real difference too!
I am sure you will, but I am guessing your going to have the usual swelling / bloating etc. and your body just trying to recover from the procedure and then wow you will be super happy !
EEEK! I'm soo excited for you! I really want to get lipo with my BA but i just started really thinking about lipo since I have signed up for real self. Is the $4500.00 the price they quoted you for the BA and the lipo together? I'm border line being over weight so I really don't need it but I have such a hard time sticking to a work out plan.. I'm worried about being one of those girls who get addicted to PS.
Thanks Thursday4u.... Yes, $4500 was a special or mix up either way they were honoring it. But, now I may have to wait on the BA. I really want one but the lipo means more to me right now. So now I'm scheduled for full lipo and BBL I will have to return for the BA. I understand the weight loss part. I'm not overweight and most people don't believe me when I tell them how much I do weigh. But one day I stepped on the scale and was beyond my comfort zone. I sent me immediately into diet mode. I lost 12lbs in 4wks. So far I've been able to stick with some of my changes.
Congratulations ! Good for you and doing something for yourself. The 2 weeks should go by pretty fast. I can't help you with your question on massages sorry. Thanks for your story looking forward to following your journey .
Thanks Saranoh, I've recently changed what I'm getting done now. But I'm still having lipo but now instead with a transfer. I found out that by law they can only take one liter of fat when you have another procedure such as BA. The lipo is the most important to me so I will have that first and schedule the BA for a later. I'm still very excited and even more anxious now.
Oh , like transfer fat to your breast ? I have heard about that and sounds interesting . Well you can still keep us all posted ! Any improvements we make for ourselves are good .
No transfer to my Butt, I wish they would transfer to my breast.... I asked but they said they don't do that particular transfer. Yeah any improvements will be great. I'm still excited. Can't wait to see my curves back.