Bad Experience. Multiple Infections - Miami, FL

I had a breast argumentation done by Dr. Simon...

I had a breast argumentation done by Dr. Simon which had an infection. I had an emergency surgery done by Dr. Simon to remove an implant but 10 days later, the infection came back. He insisted another surgery to open up to irrigate the infected pocket which was done by him and finally the infection went away. After the initial surgery, he never saw me but had a follow up doctor see me all the time. If he saw me himself, he could catch the sign of infection sooner and saved my breast implant. Also, coincidentally he lost my biopsy result, so we were not able to identify what caused the infection. I followed his instructions to wait for 6 months to have a new implant in place. However, after the fee dispute for this hopefully the last surgery (according to the office manager, the cost of the facility, medical clearance and anesthesia is almost equal as what I originally paid), he has asked me to go to someone else. He doesn't seem to care about his patients and I was very disappointed. On top of it, the office manager was very businesslike, not sincere at all and did not let me talk directly to Dr. Simon. I wish I never chose Dr. Simon to have my surgery done. I would not recommend him to anyone.

I developed a very bad infection at the incision site at 3 weeks - Cellulitis. It was very sore, red, swollen, incision opened and fluid draining out of it, fever, chills, sweats - - felt like I had the flu. My PS said it can happen to anyone. I also followed his instructions, kept it clean (I thought), but still developed it. I started on antibiotics - Bactrim for a 10 day course and I am half way done. I already see a significant improvement, but it has left my scar much wider. At 6 months, I can have corrective plastic surgery done to improve incision site. It really sucks when things go wrong, no matter how much we follow the rules. I hope your surgery went well. Please update us on your recovery.

I'm sorry to hear what you've been through, Miami. Did you end up finding another doctor to do the new implant placement?

Yes. Thank you for asking. He saw me and I am scheduled to do the surgery on Oct. 29th! He will see me for all the post surgery visits :-)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

He was disloyal to his patients. After the surgery, he never saw me again until I had a severe infection. He also lost the biopsy result so I don't know what caused the infection. Very unprofessional. At his office, just to see the office manager to pay I had to wait 1.5 hrs past my appointment time.