40 Year Old Silicone Breast Implants Removal, Capsulectomy, Replacement with Silicone Implants on 61 Year Old - Miami, FL

I had 235cc silicone implants placed when I was 19...

I had 235cc silicone implants placed when I was 19 years old because I was a large-framed person with only an A cup size. Within a few years I developed contractures, which progressed to the point of the implants being totally hard, and the right breast started progressively becoming more deformed. I wish I wouldn't have had to wait 37 years to have them redone, but life got in the way. I now really regret that, so if you keep putting this off, do yourself a favor, ladies, and get started on consultations!
Finally they have been replaced with 400cc moderate plus silicone implants. I didn't know until after surgery the old implants were also ruptured.
During consultation with my Dr. he said he would probably place implants between 400 cc to 500 cc submuscularly (the old ones were subglandular) to make them more proportional to my present size. And he said they always try to use the opposite pocket of the old ones.
I am 5'9" and weigh about 190. I have intentions of losing 20 pounds as soon as I can get to serious exercising.
At the second visit my doctor decided to probably also do a lift. I wasn't crazy about the idea, but told him if he thought it was necessary, to do so. The day of surgery he said he thought if he put in large enough implants, he shouldn't have to do the lift, and that the areola were actually in pretty good position. He was going to place submuscularly in a new pocket, but during surgery decided to place them in the old pocket because the implant fell out of the submuscular pocket when they sat me up. I actually cried when I found that out, because I know I am more like to have the contractures again!!
He did not do the lifts. I now have the right areola lower than the other, and the right breast is smaller in the inframmary incision area, which I think is what is pulling the areola down. He removed the old inframmary scars, and created new incisions there. My guess is he also removed some loose skin in that scar area.
I am very happy to finally have soft breasts again after so long, and I am not a youngster any longer as far as needing firm, perky breasts, but I am not sure I am happy with the result. I told him I would like a little more at the top of my breasts, instead of so flat. But the upper pole is the same now as they were before. There is more volume width-wise, but they are more droopy now.
I had been a B cup before, and am still a slightly fuller B cup, though I had hoped to be a C. I don't have prior pictures, unfortunately.
But I would really like some other opinions on this situation.
Thanks so much!

4 + weeks Post Op

Still have some periodic soreness, especially on the outer edges. Not much else has changed. Am still disappointed they ended up over the muscle, but so happy to have them soft.

Thanks for sharing your review. I waited too long to get a revision too. I'm very happy with my smaller size but worried after 11 months post that my left breast is bottoming out. I wish I had more upper pole fullness but at the same time I'm older and don't wNt my cleavage to look lime a butt crack if you know what I mean..
It seems I read of many having some kind of problem about one year postop. Not good. I read some of your story. You really do look great. Yes - I hoped for more upper pole fullness, too, but they ended up using the old pocket above the muscle and no lift, so that didn't happen. Hope you don't have too much trouble with the left one. Thank you for your comments.
By the way you look georgeous for your age
Thank you. You're very kind!
Hi, happy to find someone's situation a little similar to mine. Did you just get them re- done and will the Doctor fix the concerns you have ? It's so discouraging when we save up so Long for this and then things go wrong and even a second time too, I'm glad it mostly turned out good for you. I had disaster BA done 14 yrs ago and only now have money to repair, I had no idea of the problems I had until I talked with Doctors on this sight and went to one consultation so far , he actually told me my revision would be a very challenging one and said some things I would just have to live with ! Huh , so you can see I'm still searching for a Doctor to help me . Best to you and thanks for sharing your story
Hi, Blutee. Sorry to hear of your BA problems. I feel for you. It's frustrating going through the anticipation, the surgery, and the cost, only to be disappointed. My redo surgery was early June, so yes it's new. The last time I saw the dr. I was still swollen, so the problems are yet to be discussed. I doubt I will want to have any more surgery - at least not in the near future. I have spent hours and hours on this site researching for my surgery, and I really do feel there are some very knowledgeable and great surgeons on this website. I really hope you find the right one to help you. Keep me posted!
Send a picture if your re- do and tell us what type and size you got and where was the incision ?
This is the picture after the surgery. 400 cc moderate plus under the breast incisions. I think they're too droopy.
Hi Cleo35.. Thanks for posting your after surgery photo. I know that photos can be deceiving, but it seems that your breast size fit your frame nicely and I do see that one side is a little fuller. How do you look and feel in your clothes? I had implants about 8 years ago and have had contracture in one for most of the time. It is not getting worse nor is the breast hard but it has more upper pole fullness than the other and they are both drooping somewhat (kinda like yours) but I say all of that to say: In your situation (from what I can see) I would wait a while to see if I can accept the situation. You didn't have the breasts lifted, which in my opinion is good because you are not that droopy. Like you, I don't want perky breasts but to look good in my clothes and look as best as I can naked in the mirror. Best wishes to you.
Hi. Thanks for your comments. I guess I feel like the look in my clothes is okay, but I am still just wearing sports bras. I will give it more time to see how the look is. I really appreciate your input.
When I first got my implants mind were perky too; but after I had nh daughter my breast skin Got looser and my new implants sagged: I eventually got a redoubt an internal bra done as well; now they sit up perky as before; however I think your results look very natural!
Hi there. Thank you for input. I appreciate it!
What do they use for an internal bra ? Heard some use pig skin , is that it ?
Some type of mesh, I guess, but I don't know what it's made of.