I've been on and off into fitness since I was 18....

I've been on and off into fitness since I was 18. I got some great results too. You know that feeling where you put your blood, sweat, and tears into something you are passionate about only to get nothing out of it in the end? That's been my experience over the past 11 years...

1 thing never changes for me even after 8 months of hardcore weightlifting and aerobics and that is...drumroll please.... my BUTT! I can shrink it and my thighs as I loose weight, but reshape them... not gonna happen. My body can get tone everywhere but those 2 places.

I don't have any specific expectations per say for my surgery other than improvement. Any surgeon that guarantees you exact measurements is a fraud. How you come out is widely based on your skeletal structure, skin firmness, and musculature. This was an obvious to me and all the articles I read confirmed it.

I did find Dr. Mendieta through a search engine, love his before and after pics so I'm taking a gamble that I think I'm going to win on based on the sheer number of happy and great looking clients. I decided to get booked for my surgery in Miami and I'm scheduled for May 6th. I'm freaked out and ecstatic at the same time.

The first couple weeks I will probably feel the way someone run over by a truck would feel. That thought is terrifying but imagining having a better shape to my backside and finally feeling that sense of confidence is more than worth it to me.

Here's my pics I took at the end of March before I spoke to Dr. Mendieta and decided to put on weight for better results. In the pictures I weighed 130. Today April 24th I now weigh 136 and hoping to reach 140 before the surgery. I will be taking more pics of me soon and right before the surgery.

I wish more people on Real Self would do this with all the angles and fat pinching before and after so people like me could see the real results incrementally over the months. I haven't had much luck finding others for BBL that have done it to the extent I am about to.

So here we go ladies, 12 days till BBL surgery time!
Hey girl all the best to u!!! Do u live in Miami? ? Im going to dr salama on my9th tryna find a last minute sx buddy! Jus trying my luck! Lol.
I am so excited for you. I am thinking seriously about doing this. I am about your size. I am 125 and 5'1". I don't want anything huge, just not a flatty. I cannot wait to follow your results. Good luck.
haha Can You PLEASE tell me the name of that surgery software!!!? I am going May 20th all paid VIP 10day package to dr fisher !! not for bbl but... My butt is alreay nice im getting the lipo in flanks and abs and a full Tummy tuck.. I really want to try that software !!!

Weight Gain 7 days before BBL (before pics for later comparison)

My best friend is a genius! She asked if I took before pics in clothes. I never thought to do that. So today I took a bunch of pics of me in some of the clothes I want to look bootylicious in after my surgery! I'm only posting a few today because I'm limited on time.

I was 126.4 about 6 weeks ago and am now up to 136 lbs as of recent. I'm hoping to reach 138 in a week from now for my surgery.

I'm worried about pain in my calves and ankles from swelling and whether or not I should get compression socks. I swell easily and a LOT which is why I'd love feedback from any girls that had BBL and problems with swelling. :)
Thanks for the well wishes :) No I do not live in the state of Florida. I'm flying out there for my surgery with my husband.
well my surgery is in less than a week. For now I am taking pics in clothes I want to look sexy on me that are stretchy. When I get back home after surgery I'm going to try them on again to see the difference :)

Weight gain killing my self esteem right now... hope it's worth it in the end

On the left is when I was working out and eating healthy. On the right is me now after gaining all the weight.
Good luck! I just had mine done! I'm very happy! Post photos!
no pics?
Your day is almost here! How exciting! :D I look forward to hear about your journey. Good luck:)

Denim Skirts Before Surgery Shots

Here's what I currently look like in my denim skirts which no longer fit me since I gained weight for BBL. I'd love to have a butt perky and more rounded with a tiny waist so I can look amazing in these :)
I'm so excited for u! I'm having mine on July 15 :) I can't wait to see how great your gonna look! Is their some certain things u had to do or buy to get ready before surgery besides gaining weight?
awww im happy for you. i really loved reading your blog. Its very relate able and i like the idea of the fat pinching before and after photos. It would help out a great deal. I love that bra you have on in the photo with the light blue denim skirt. I believe you will get great results

More wish pics

Right now I keep going back and forth on whether I gained enough weight for my Brazilian Butt Lift or if I gained too much. I'm hoping for a 23 - 24 inch waist. The smallest I can get when I'm fit is 26.5 and yes there was fat there I could feel.
Good luck
Thanks Trinnidae, I hope I get great results too. I'm feeling scared to death right now. I feel I'm in capable hands with my doctor and not worried about my health or life being in danger with him. What I am scared about is how my back side will look. I don't want the same amount of volume as many of the girls on Real Self. I'm hoping for a tiny 23 - 24 inch waist and a 36 - 39 inch bottom like the wish pics I posted today :) I know no surgeon can guarantee measurements. Some people shrink 40% and others hardly at all. In addition the base of my bottom in further from my hip bones than the girls bottoms I like in the photos. I'm sure most girls feel this way this close to surgery date. I just hope my doctor understands and remembers what I love when performing the surgery on me.
im going to private message you if thats ok.

Packing List for BBL

Vitamins:
omeprazole chalky fluid for acid
iron tabs
vitamin c
b12

For Relief:
vicoden
laxative
lotion
Arnica (soothe muscle aches, reduce inflammation, and heal wounds)
Stool softener
Chapstick buy the moisturizing kind!
Motrin (highest )
sleeping pills Ambien
ice packs
scar gel
DMSO Solvent (DIMETHYLSULFOXIDE) decrease pain and speed the healing of wounds, & burns

Cleaning:

urine funnel ez pee
gauze
surgical tape
maxi pads
hair bandana (keeps hair clean and away during surgery)
Men's tanks 3pk wear under faja
digital thermometer
trash bags for car rides

Food & drink:

small blanket
sports bra
comfy track suit
2 cylinder pillows this allows you to sit without pressure on your behind
Earthlite Home Massage Kit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GG9ECY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Socks 2 pair

Personal:
hair brush
comb
light foundation (to cover up the dark circles after some nights of no sleep..lol)
deodorant
body spray
small extra bag to back on surgery day
hair ties

Massage:
small baking roller helps for massage and even out fat/tissue
Congrats and good luck. just make sure your PS approves certain vitamins and even lotions that you are going to use either before or after your surgery. im not allowed to take any vitamins 2 weeks prior to surgery which is on May 12th. im just making sure I have all the comfy items and im set!! Wishing you the best!
Hey Rayrai, Seriously your doc said NO vitamins what so ever? Mine told me I am required to take Iron pills 30 days before the surgery because women tend to have low Iron levels and there is blood loss after surgery. He said he tells all his patients to take Iron, Vitamin C, B12, and a multivitamin. I bought the docs long list of products they said I'll need. The only 3 things I couldn't find today is alcohol wipes, foam pads, and compression socks. Checked Walmart and Target with no luck :(
thanks 111116 ;)

Suggestions on where to find these items last minute?!

I had to get compression socks at a medical supply store.
Hey Kathy, I'm working so hard right now. It's gonna be tough locating a medical supply store and driving out there. I know there are none in my immediate area :( Thanks for letting me know. I guess I have no choice because I wasn't even able to find the alcohol wipes either which I'm sure they'll carry.
Omg duh. Sorry didn't realize it. ☺Thank you for that though. It really helps! Your going to look amazing!!

Need to order a rental car for 8 days in Miami. Anyone know which company is best and cheapest?

I don't need a luxury rental. Just a cheap basic to get us to and from where we need to go. I'd like recommendations for any women who rented in Miami :) Thanks
Rental car sites I use are Hotwire and Carrentals.com ... Pretty inexpensive
Well I have my consult with Dr. Fisher June 3. You have been an inspiration to me. If it is okay with you, I would love to stay in contact with you for the dos and donts.
Hey Kathy, Sure thing! What made you decide on Dr. Fisher? Does he have a lot of before and after photos and great unbiased reviews? I found those things to be important before looking further into a doctor

Flying to Miami tomorrow at 6 AM!

super nervous and worried I'll forget something important. Sure hope not! Pain for gain here I come!
Hope all went well. Cant wait to see results.
So anxious to hear everything that has happened. Hope all went great. Take care of yourself and update soon!
OMG, your surgery is pretty much here!!!! Good luck, happy healing, and will keep you in my prayers :)

day 2 post op pics and writing about it on day 3 :)

Most of the time I am self sufficient. When I had a catheter after surgery I forced myself up to empty it several times and my grenade suction things too. They said I wouldn't be able to get out of bed the day of surgery HA I showed them!

The diaper isn't necessary, just supposed to hold the grenade suction things (what is the medical term for those thingies?) Sooooo glad the catheter is gone (am I spelling that right?)

My follow up the day after surgery went well and they said I have above average blood pressure and couldn't be more perfect (whatever that means), heart sounds good, and my temp is 98 degrees.

Knees still won't stop leaking. I'm told this is common and most of it is the surgical fluid mixed with blood anyways (so gross). They said if I need to stuff little towels over the abdominal bandage for more compression to do so.

I'm going stir crazy. Can't find a comfy position to read, watch anything, or play my Nintendo ds. Right now I've got pillows propping up my back and using what strength I have left in my legs to push up and keep pressure off my bottom while I type.

Laying down to much gives me a head ache (Is that common for most people who lay down too much?) Standing up makes my head slowly feel better but I get worn out. Kneeling makes my knees leak out blood and surgical fluid :( This is frustrating!

I get to see my doc tomorrow morning! btw he said he injected 840 cc into each cheek... not sure how I feel about that. I asked for 550 - 600. Look at my wish pics I'm not a large booty kinda girl. Hoping it works out and I shrink considering I have bad blood circulation so it may just turn out perfect.

I'd love honest feedback. My pics I am SUPER swollen but do you girls think the waist to hip ration looks ok or not so much. I don't like dishonest compliments. I'm on hear for honest feedback even if it's negative so please be brutally honest. It would mean a lot :)
I think your swollen right now to see result u want to sew but I truly believe your going to love it... He may have put more cc in u because they say up to 20% of the fat will go away and he wanted to make sure you were satisfied with the OVERALL outcome after u heal :) with that being said, I think you look great!!!
I think you look good. I'm digging the waist & it's only going to get better. Quick question. .. What all areas did he lipo?
Ooops, I'm sorry. Should have read b4 replying. Lol! Ur doc is my doc. Lol! Congratulations Sunshine! Please keep us updated

WOW in two days the banana rolls under my butt (they are fat pouches I've had all my life) are almost gone!

Do you see the difference under the butt with the reduction in banana rolls? Hope they go away entirely but only time will tell!

husband has been SOOOO helpful :)

ok some of the pics he took are a bit blurry but he tried. Here's the skirt I wore before surgery and now a few days after surgery tried on again (keep in mind I'm still swollen. Surgery was May 6th and the pic of me in the skirt is May 9th.

sorry here's the correct front b4 and after pic

gosh posted wrong again. here's the correct

I'm hanging in there. Mornings are the worst. Today I'm wiped out so far but the pain is manageable :)
your outcome looks very natural to your body frame, plus your body will keep changing until 8 weeks , what are your current measurements at this point ? your arms were lipoed too ? how do u feel recovery has been ?
yes arms were lipo'd too. Recovery is good and bad as you can read above and below on my responses. Arms are unequally swollen (that's normal) left arm is 12 1/4 inches, right arm is 10 3/4 iches, waist, 28, hips, 36.5 hips, and 41 inches is the largest part of my butt

My husband my hero :)

Although I am trying with every ounce of my strength to do things on my own sometimes I just can't. My husband has been amazing through all of this and he's very much against me ever having surgery (past, present, or future).

This says a lot about his character that even though he believes in all natural he will stand by my side and help without a second thought anytime day or night. He shows genuine compassion for me and the pain I am in even though it is self inflicted (cosmetic surgery is a choice). I love him even more for this reason.

I feel bad that this has now set us back with out business, plans, and the extremely delayed customer e-mail responses. Each day though he has put my needs before the business no matter the cost. This has instilled something in me to work that much harder when I am finally stable and can concentrate once again.

For those of you on the fence about getting BBL think it through thoroughly. This has been more taxing on me physically and emotionally on a continued basis than any other procedure I have been through. I've had more intense pain for short a short duration of time but this is ongoing. The feeling at times of complete helplessness isn't something easy for me or I imagine for most people.

I don't regret this, not at all but it hasn't been a walk in the park and I'm scared about having to drive for an hour on Monday after my husband flies home. Hope my body will cooperate by then
Looking good!
You look amazing!! Congrats :) excellent choice for a doc! I'm seeing Mendieta in 10 days myself! I can't wait. He did my girlfriend's BBL nearly two years ago & she still looks amazing! Can I ask how tall are you? I'm 5'1 and usually 105. But I've gained 20 pounds for the surgery. I'm just hoping for a tiny waist, nice round perky butt! Oh, we both have the same wish pics!! Lol. Great minds :) big hugs & best wishes in your recovery girl!
@WantHourglass please keep us posted. My Sx date with Dr Mendieta is July 15th. Would luv to see your results. I'm 5'1, athletic build. He wants me to gain aprox 10 lbs. I'm looking more at waist to hip ratio. I want small waist first & foremost. I would luv to have the upside heart shape instead of a shelf...... Keep us updated on your recovery. Good luck!

May 11th panties before and after

So far as I can tell none of the swelling has gone down in three days. I did my arm measurements and they are the same. Hoping tomorrow they go down some. Thought it might help to show some before and after panty photos even though I'm still bruised and swollen.

I would appreciate any feedback and advice on how to reduce the swelling more and bruising. Thanks girls!
Love the new pics! You're looking smaller each day!! Great results indeed :) I truly believe Dr M gives you the results that best suit your physique. I think you're on day 6 or 7 post-op, right? I was wondering if you got your drains out yet. That's the part I'm dreading. The sooner the better I say! Also, do you have the Marena garment with sleeves? How difficult is it putting on? Sending positive, healing vibes your way!
unfortunately my swelling hasn't gone down in 4 days and I still have my drains in 7 days post op. I'm about to leave the hotel by myself (hubby flew home this morning) and I'm scared they won't have the wheel chair ready at the airport. Never had to fly handicap :( so I'm totally freaked out. I have the Marena garment which was a whole $225! What a rip off. and it's comfy everywhere but on the armpits. It cuts off your circulation and hurts. I take that part off several times a day and alternate throughout the night as well.
Wow you look great. I think its good he gave you more than you asked for because of course the body is going to re absorb some fat, that way the extra he put inside of your booty when your halfway through the recovery you will end up with what you wanted all along. My doctor in the beginning i wore a 38DD and 38DDD. I thought i had went too big but now i am at a size 38D. The size i wanted to end up with from the beginning. happy healing. I believe you will get the results you originally asked for. I think its great your husband is by your side even though he is against plastic surgery.

brown dress

here's some more pics girls :)
Loving your waist. & to think, you still have drains in & swelling. Girl, scared to see u in 6 mos. U will def be someone wish pic.
hey hot girl hoping I will be a lot better off in 6 months too. Beauty however is in the eye of the beholder and to me this isn't what I find attractive. I do love the shape he game me and I know I'm swollen but some girls have almost no fat reduction. If that's the case with me I will be unhappy and trying to loose 15 or more lbs to reduce my butt size. This is just far too much booty for me
You think your butt is too big? Will you post some more pics? I am following you closely.

It's so big :(

Ok so realself counts today as day 7 post op. Dr. Mendieta's papers state I will be going through an emotional roller coaster and second week is know as "nit picky". I flew home yesterday afternoon which was tough. Hubby was amazing and had gone grocery shopping, cleaned up some, washed bedding, and bought me a card stating how proud of me he is. :)

When I finally had a few minutes and a little energy after a shower I decided to try on the same clothes I did pre-op (see pics from April 29th and 30th). It wasn't even possible to pull up the denim skirts without tearing them... I tried on a couple stretchy skirts and just kept thinking how huge it looks. Then hubby found my light grey Nike shorts that I took me pre-op pics in and wow it's a big booty. I just felt panic (emotional roller coaster remember?).

I turned to my spouse which agreed it's too big and I started venting. He reminded me that I'm still swollen and 20 - 40% will go away. Here's the thing though... some girls have almost no reduction at all. So all those "what ifs" flooded my mind. I don't care if others think my booty looks good big, this is about me and what makes me feel sexy. Hubby reminded me that I can diet to bring things down as well. You bet I will!

Tough just waiting this thing out...

Pics posted at Kathy's request

Sorry the positions aren't identical. I was too tired to look at my before pics before posing for photos. I understand week two is about being nit picky. No one that hasn't gone through this can understand how impossible it is to be patient and non-judgemental about your current body.

I've put forth so much effort to gain weight for the surgery which ruined my self esteem and I'm still waiting for the self esteem improvement from my butt. For now I just feel like a wide load. Side is ok but the hips he added fat. I had no clue he was going to add fat to my hips and I'm scared even if they go down it will be too much. From the back I just feel like a wide load.

Not feeling sexy at all today girls :(

My arms have not gone down in swelling but my waist went down 1/2 an inch and is now 27.5. I'd be happy with 23 -24 but 25 would be acceptable. Back in March my waist was 25.5 and did have fat on it despite how it looks. I at least want a smaller waistline than that.

Since surgery I have only eaten natural healthy foods and no dairy or carbohydrates (no bread, crackers, etc...) I have been eating on average 1200 calories a day. This is plenty for my body to recover and slowly loose weight. I stepped on the scale today and weighed at 143 lbs. I was 135 lbs the morning of surgery a week ago.

forgot to post pre op measurements and current measurements

May 6th before surgery
Waist 29''
Hips 36''
Largest Part of Butt 39''
Arms unknown

May 13th
Waist 27.5''
Largest Part of Butt 41''
Arms about 10 3/4''
Thanks so much for posting. We are really close in size. I am 36-29-36. My honest opinion is that you will lose some of the fat in the butt. You and I are alike we wanted a fuller. sexy butt. I know some girls wasn't as big as it can get, but everyone has their preference. I had lipo on my sides to get fat for the fat injections in my face. I am 4 weeks out, and I am still swollen. I did notice a difference starting at 3 weeks, and everyday it looks better, I know how frustrated you are, I would be going crazy. Just hang in there, I think you are going to love the final results.
hey Kathy I just posted a few pics for you showing what I was told was realistic expectations. I know it's still early and there's swelling but I asked the doc to put in 550- 600 cc in each cheek and he chose on his own to do 840 cc per cheek and add to the hips which we never discussed. Maybe he knows what's best but then again most his patients want the bigger the better so perhaps he forgot what I like and did someone else's wish pic. Just concerned is all
great choice. He does quality work.

May 14th small changes

Waist 27 1/4''
Hips 36.5''
Largest Part of Butt 41''
Arms about 10 3/4''
You look good
Hope you are feeling better today! You are beautiful!
Aww. Dont get depressed. What i did to help me get the swelling down fast was eat pineapples. But of course i got a different procedure done. I think once all of the swelling is gone completely you will be the size you want. It seems like you retained alot of water. When i first got my boobs done pre op weight i was 136. Post op weight i was dam near 150!! thats how much fluid i retained. I did not start to feel like myself again until 3 weeks later. Thats when i noticed the swelling had gone down a great deal. I cant wait to see you in 3 months.

Still 141 lbs

Hey Girls,

I'll try to be objective and state the current facts with little emotion. I am scared but I know I need to be patient and just wait. So I'll just make this post for record's sake.

-Morning of surgery 135 pounds
-Day after surgery 144 lbs
-Today May 16th 10 days post op 141 lbs (I almost exclusively eat raw veggies, some fruit, and protein shakes)
- Both drains have been removed as of this morning
- no changes in measurements yet since last recorded
- first morning I woke up without a head ache

Top 4 Concerns for the moment:

-Biggest part of my butt pre-surgery measured 139'' and I am now 141''. If there is a lot of swelling and 20% - 40% will reduce how will there be any measurable difference beside obvious improvement in shape?

-I wish I had more projection from the side. Won't that be decreasing too making me still look flat from the side?

- Why do I look so wide from the back when I'm not big from the side? Was my surgeon unable to add projection so instead just added width?

-Why such a big weight increase still if all the surgical fluid has been drained? I weighed 135 morning of surgery. This morning I am still 141. Where and what is this 6 lb increase especially if I eat no inflammatory foods just fruits, raw veggies, and a small protein shake in the morning?
Forgot to mention, you look great so far!
When they put up under they pump you full of fluids, so that is why you may have gained weight and also bc of the swelling too. Have you been wearing your garment consistently? You have to make sure it's giving good compression and you should be going down in size (garment). Also stress can also make your body hold unwanted weight too. Try to let your body recover and no be SO critical on your self. You are still early in your recovery. Try to relax:)
The surgical fluid has completely drained and I'm still the same weight. I'm not sure it's possible to not be judgemental even if it's too early. For me and those like me have made so many sacrifices for this surgery financial, physical, mental, time, and emotional ones. It's not that I want to be hard on myself or judgemental, it's just human nature and I am not happy with what I see at the moment from behind. The side is ok and so is the tummy for now. I'm trying to be thankful for just that but if swelling goes down those may not look so good either. All the uncertainty can be overwhelming.

Urinary Tract Infection today :(

Yesterday for the most part I felt pretty good. Good enough where hubby and I went shopping for some black stretchy leggings for me to wear and 3/4 length sleeve shirts to cover the garment. Not a whole lot of dresses cover you arms on down past your knees you know lol.

Went to sleep last night worn out but pleased that I walked around a decent amount increasing my blood circulation :) Fell asleep and then woke up around 5 am to use the restroom. HOLY COW that burns!!! I knew UTIs were common after the antibiotics and so are yeast infections I was just hoping by taking the probiotic pills and eating a little greek yogurt everyday I could by pass that part.

NOPE! Worst part is that it's Sunday so I have to wait till tomorrow to see the doc and get tested. I can't take those red pills for burning relief because they affect the test results and I might not get my prescription tomorrow then :( So here I am hanging out in the bath tub on my knees just using cold water whenever it gets too intense. Fun Sunday huh? lol
How are you doing? What size compression garment are you using/ Where did you get it?
Hi Kathy, I have a Marena garment size medium with 3/4 length sleeves and 3/4 length legs
Thanks

No updated pics or measurements yet

Hey girls,

I decided since I bloat up so much before my period that I would wait to post updated pics. My waistline went up a full inch from bloating so current pics won't be beneficial. I took D-Mannose for my UTI. Hubby looked it up online and hunted a bottle of it down on a Sunday. By the second day all symptoms were gone and tonight I take the last dose. We'll see if the UTI is gone for good :) UTIs and Yeast infections are very common after coming off the prescribed antibiotics you take after your procedure so be prepared girls!

Today my ribs feel a lot like someone kicked me whenever I touch them and same goes for my lower back. Hoping tomorrow that sensation will subside some. Each day is getting a little easier than the last like most women describe but it's not that black and white either. You have good days and bad ones. Yesterday with all the acid reflux was horrible but today no sign off that :)

15 days post op with pics and measurements

Today is the final day of my menstral cycle which means I'm still bloated from it but not by much. My measurements have gone down slightly

14 May 2014 today May 21st
Bust 35'' Bust 35"
Waist 27 1/4'' Waist 26.5"
Hips 36.5'' Hips 36.5"
Largest Part of Butt 41'' Largest Part of Butt 40 3/4"
Arms about 10 3/4'' Arms 10 3/4''

Feeling ok today. Kind of groggy but happy I have some reduction in swelling. Here's a few of the pics I took today

I guess not all the pics took. Reposting them now

Boy you were 1000% right girl! This is no walk in the park to recover from I've had lipo/tummy tuck, breast lift/implants, hysterectomy, etc and nothing compares to this. But I'm hanging in there Appreciate your review, it helped a lot. I have no idea how any cc's I got. I'll ask at my appt tomorrow. Dying to get my drains out though!
You are 2 weeks out, am I going to be able to work at 2 weeks? I have to stand all day from 8-4.
Who was your Dr? You look amazing!!!!!!

Measurements going down! :)

I didn't do full measurements today but I did measure waist and bust and my waist is now at 26'' and the biggest part of the butt is at 40 1/4''. This means the waist went down 1/2'' from yesterday and my butt went down 1/2'' from yesterday. Still weighing in the morning at 133 lbs.

Where my butt is now I think I'm ok with. I'll never like having the longer butt that I have but at least it's got good shape to it. When I loose weight and in another month and a half start working out to tone up I suspect it will look good.

The one thing I'm still worried about it side projection. I just don't feel like it sticks out enough to balance the width. Wish I could exchange overall body width for projection lol.
Loving your results!! Can't wait for mine, if I could only skip all the pain :-)
I know we all wish for that. When something is this important it's worth going through even though there's been moments I've cried and yelled to my husband I can't handle this anymore. I still don't regret it even for a second ;)
yep it's been tough. In addition the past couple of days my butt cramps non stop :( like as if I was doing squats and waiting for the burn to get up and shake it out but this time I'm not doing squats and it doesn't shake out lol

more pics from yesterday (none from today)

Seems I'm fluctuating. Today my waist went up 1/2 inch and the booty went up 1/4''. I ordered a new garment yesterday and it should be here in a few days. I think the one I have on is too loose on me now.

I still go back and forth on how I currently feel about my body. I REALLY hope the waist goes in more. Looking at me from the front I just want a curvier hip to waist ratio. This dress is flattering on my new figure but I still don't look so great in non dresses just yet. Hope by Tuesday (3 week post op date) my waist will have gone in more.
Which Marena Garment do you have? Which brand garment does Dr Mendieta uses?
my marena is full body, only my forearms exposed, and calves. It's quite comfortable but no matter how comfy something is living in it 23 hours a day is like a prison. It's tough to find clothes I can wear when it's so hot out but I'm getting by. People must think I'm weird wearing such full coverage clothing when it's this hot out.
May 11th panty picture. What a nice difference in your body so far!

Measurements plus weight lifting for 6 months vs post surgery results

This is a great post showing what surgery can do. When I had been working out hard and weighed 127 lbs over a year ago these were my measurements:

April 21st 2013 127 lbs

Waist 26.5"
Hips 34''
Right Thigh 22 1/4''
Left Thigh 22 1/4''
Love Handle Area 31.5''
Largest Part of Butt 38.5''

May 27th 2014 (Now) 133 lbs

Waist 26"
Hips 36.5''
Left Thigh 22 1/4''
Love Handle Area 31''
Largest Part of Butt 39 3/4''

Wonder what my measurements will be when I loose the 5 lbs before I even begin my workout.
Are you happy with your results?
As a girl who really values projection and didn't get that I wouldn't use that word to describe my feelings toward my results. I'm happy I had the procedure done, I do see the difference and I'm pleased. I will be happy if my thighs slim out from the side, my waist goes in more, and my butt projection doesn't go down anymore than what it has. What I'm not please about is my waist is still 26'' and has been for 5 days while my butt went down from 41'' to 39 3/4''. So butt shrinking but waist unchanged. My thighs have each gone down 1/4'' in the past week. So the opposite of what I was hoping for is happening. If my thighs don't shrink my butt projections looks smaller and if my butt is the only thing shrinking well... I am happy that I'm not all puffed up like I was at week 2 and can fit in some of my clothes. I also really like the way he shaped me from behind :) I think it suites my frame. Hope that all makes sense ;)

I ordered some thick foam padding

I saw another girl post that she ordered this padding to sleep on and just cut a butt shaped hole and it worked perfectly for her! I'd like to see if I can sit and work on my lap top using it as well. Unfortunately it won't be here till the 4th :(

Wanted to share because sleeping on my face makes it swell up like a melon lol. So for those of you having the same issue consider this alternative ;)

23 days post op and new measurements

I don't think I mentioned this before but anyone considering BBL should know that you'll likely have 1 or more hard scar tissue lumps. I've had some which went away on their own or with massage. I also have 4 (2 small and 2 large) that aren't going away or going down. Two on my stomach with shows up even more in pictures from some angles and 2 on my inner left thigh.

These scar tissue lumps are common and can take months to go down and soften up, years, and sometimes these show up permanently. I had one like that from a past surgery.

My measurements went down again today despite not having lost any weight yet. Still at 133 lbs.

arms 10 1/2''
Waist 25 3/4"
Hips 35 3/4''
Left Thigh 22''
Love Handle Area 30 1/2''
Largest Part of Butt 39 1/2''

This means my waist and butt both went down 1/4'' in the past few days. I was hoping my love handle area wouldn't change and my hips would stay at 36'' to give me that curvier hip to waist ratio but seems that's not going to be the case as I lost in the past few days 3/4'' on my hips and only 1/4'' on my waist.

I am still pleased and exited that my waist went down. I want that tiny waist badly :) Still enjoying my new shape as well! Can't wait till I don't have to wear this big ol garment and hide so much skin. It's hot out and I wanna wear shorts this year!

Burning Sensation on the skin

Hey girls it's over 3 weeks post op and whenever I lay down and there's a light pull on the skin of my tummy, ribs, or back skin there's a hot burning sensation causing me to cradle my skin. I'm thinking aloe vera might help with this but not sure.

Did any of you experience this and what product did you use to help?
Wow. Our measurements are identical EXCEPT my waist is still nearly at 29"! I so want it to be 25". When I work out regularly it's naturally about 26-27. Day of surgery it was almost 31" ick! I'm really hoping it goes down more. My weight is down to 125 (day of surgery was 127, right after surgery I was 133). Funny thing, I don't really "feel" swollen. Weird.

133 lbs 4 weeks post op

As of today June 3rd it is now 4 weeks post op. I can't tell if there's any swelling left or not. Hoping my thighs will go down more. No change in my measurements in a week now although I do feel like parts of my butt are still shrinking :(

The burning on the skin in my mid section still continues. My best friend which is a nurse said that could be temporary or permanent. For those of you unsure how bad it is and whether or not you can live with it know that it's not that bad. It's something I can live with although I would always have to wear soft clothes or the rubbing would be to be too painful.

I still have faint bruising on my thighs but other than that all bruising is now gone. I do love my new stomach and my back looks great. I wish there was more fat on my hips and that my butt looked fuller. I am not happy with how my butt looks from the side still and that seems to keep shrinking. If it goes down anymore there will be no difference from pre op to post op and that thought makes me sad :(

I would say so far that it's likely I've lost between 50% - 70% of the fat Dr. Mendieta injected in my butt. I have stayed off my behind (I work from home), not exercised as instructed, I sleep on my belly or nap with that foam I cut a hole in for my butt, and I walk around multiple times a day to help with blood circulation. I wear my Marena garment 90% of the time and have followed their instructions to the best of my ability including the supplements.

The projection just isn't there :( I try not to get too emotional about it and instead concentrate how much better my back and stomach look.
I don't remember seeing your height on here. I am 5'5" and i weight 120. I think Im in for what you and Hourglass are facing. I just don't know if i should go through with this. I Think you two look great. maybe i should just opt for letting him do some body sculpting. I would also like to talk to him about implants. Have either of you considered implants?
I actually thought about implants today as I was driving home. I thought well, maybe if I end up losing too much volume, I could always have implants put in with all this extra fat I now have and it may actually look as good as how my breasts do! Lol. But I hear recovery is just as bad with implants. And a lot of them don't look natural or soft if you don't have extra tissue to begin with. Shrugs. Worth a talk with him at least.
Oh shit, I may be doomed to a life with little booty :(

Still not easy tummy sleeping at night but skin feeling better now :)

So for those of you who have had BBL you know the nightmare it can be trying to get through a whole night of sleep laying face down. I still wake up with a swollen face lol. Let me tell you having that face hole from a massage table helps but does hurt your face after a few hours. Using a pill means you wake up with neck pain. Not easy so I just alternate between the two each night. Find what works for you and get creative girls because you need your beauty rest to recover!

The burning sensation and skin sensitivity I feel has gone down by about 20% on my mid section. It's easier now to deal with it and hoping given enough time that will go away completely or at least 80%. Some people it's permanent and others it's temporary. It's the risk you take with aggressive lipo. I would have done it regardless but some girls wouldn't. Be aware that rarely do any docs inform you of this possible permanent side effect. So decide what you think you can live with and if it's worth it. To me it is!
Wow you look great! Slender with a curvy booty an overall athletic look! Exactly what I'm looking for overall have you started working out again?
Hey RachelKay, Is the BBL the procedure you are looking into? No I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op, working out would likely ruin my results. You need your body recovering and using all it's efforts to heal you and preserve the newly placed fat. I am moving about for circulation but laying and siting on a special cushion with a hole cut out for my booty most of the time. When I got back to my workout routine I will post progress pics I promise ;) In the meantime I will continue to post my post op photos to track my results or lack there of (whichever happens). ;)
Hi Christie'sChange, I think you have a really nice slender look... like some of your wish pix! How many CCs did he inject in your butt?

June 7th trying on boy shorts and bikini top to see how my new body looks

I was curious to see how my new stomach looks sitting down. Used to always have to suck in my tummy when sitting. Spent most my life making that a habit but I don't have to do that anymore as you can see thanks to my doc :) However in normal sunlight you can see the imperfections which another girl told me I'd have. She said they become almost unnoticeable once working out. Looking forward to that.

Butt looks good and perky in these shorts but I tried on some gold shorts and my booty did not look good, more long and flat. So it depends on the cut of the shorts. So weird how each pant/skirt/shorts can making you look different.
Hi Christie I have seen several girls reviews where they show the side pics right after surgery and then a few months after and there is a big increase in projection after a few months. I guess that's what the fluffing is. I know how u feel I'm trying not to worry about it so much until I've healed n I can see the final results. It's def not easy this process is all consuming. So far u look great. I def see the difference in the banana rolls almost completely gone. Good luck
Hey Sexinass, Saw that you are 15 days post op. If you're like me you'll be looking better and less swollen with each passing day for a while. Don't know what "fluffing" is, can you describe it? So are you saying these girls had a butt projection increase without gaining extra weight over a few months? Unfortunately the light was just favorable in that pic. My banana rolls are very obvious. I have more pics from the side I can post later. They are sticking out :(
Hi Seekandushallfind, I had 840 cc injected into each cheek. I have a very long butt which was deflated. If your frame and or butt is shorter and less deflated you'll need less. Well that's only true if you want similar results. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

June 8th 135 lbs difference between Fat Transfer and Body Sculpting

For those of you who have done your research on the varying surgeries out there know there is a big difference between body sculpting (just liposuction) and fat transfer with body sculpting (liposuction to remove unwanted fat in some areas and placed in desired areas on the body).

BBL is fat transfer with body sculpting which is what I paid for. Anyone that has gone through a BBL procedure as well as just liposuction will likely tell you it's far more difficult and a painful recovery going through BBL. I'm a few days away from being 5 weeks post op. My increase at this time to my butt is by 1/4'' in circumference.

I could have saved myself the extra pain and trouble that you have to endure with lipo with fat transfer over just lipo and received these same results. I am happy with my newly sculpted body, I am not happy that not even 5 weeks post op I have lost all but 1/4'' of the newly placed fat which may disappear soon as well. I paid substantially more as we all have for BBL vs just Body Sculpting.

In the two pictures I'm posting you'll see that from the back the bottom is the same width and shaped better. The side I create 2 horizontal lines that are identical in length to show that the size has not increased. What makes the pic on the right look rounder is that the fat on my upper bottom was removed and sculpted so that my bottom did not appear so long. This can be achieved through sculpting alone without any fat transference.

My thighs are shaped better from the front and back but at this time have not reduced in size since April 27th 2014. I had hoped that would have happened by now but I'll continue to wait and hope it will occur in the near future.

As of today June 8th 2014 I do not feel BBL was worth it. I've received great results through the body sculpting aspect, just no noticeable increase in size from the fat transfer. If anyone has heard of this reversing and seeing an increase in the size of butt without gaining weight and/or late decreasing in thighs please let me know. It would mean a great deal to me. Thank you

Today's Measurements for June 8th, 2014

Waist 25 3/4"
Left Thigh 22''
Largest Part of Butt 39 1/4'
Hi lady! Now following your review. Just saw you went with Dr. Mendieta. Give it a few months and see how you look. I'm thinking of probably after going with Dr. Ghurani in December, I may have to go for Round 2 later on with Dr Mendieta, to smooth out and finish off shaping my body. I think each Dr. has it's own thing. Ghurani gives the fat, Mendieta sculpts it and gives the final touches. But again, as I said on my other comment, a lot of magical things happen on month 4-6, so hang in there before thinking on Round 2. I think as of right now you look great! and your shape has greatly improved. You now have a solid base, and you can always build up on it. I also do think it was worth you got a BBL instead of only sculpting. Why? Because by only sculpting you would have looked extremely flat and skinny. It would have resulted a combo of your before butt, with your post op tummy. That would have been waaaay too thin. I truly believe you made the right decision! Also, remember that the fat cells are now on your bootie, and very few are on your waist. Maybe you just need to test out if gaining weight is what you need. Your body is now configured to gain weight on the bootie before any other place ;) Something that wouldn't have happened if you only got sculpting! Maybe that's the ultimate solution!
hi givemethathourglassbody - I can't do the weight gain because the first place it will go is my thighs likely making my butt look smaller since most the fat placed there has died off. I also would hate to get more noticeable cellulite on my thighs (front, back, and sides). I struggle with that having such thin and loose skin according to my doctor. When I'm at my 2 month mark I will ease into my work out routine only doing weight lifting to see what happens. Hoping for the best :)
I totally agree with givemethathourglassbody!!! Christie'sChange I know you don't think the BBL was worth it, but I don't think your body would look as good as it does now if you didn't have that little roundness added!

My Stage 2 Compression Garment Amazing!

I've had a couple girls now ask what garment I'm using for stage 2 and do I like it. Ok I don't like wearing anything all the time BUT for something I do have to wear all the time I could not have designed a better garment than this one. Are you looking for:

Overall comfort with no areas digging into you?
Straps comfortably sitting on your shoulders without leaving marks?
Breasts sitting in it with support but not crushing?
NO MORE ZIPPER DIGGING INTO YOU?
Opening at the bottom wide enough to do your business and not cut into or crush your private area?
Something you can wear under your clothes that doesn't look odd or stick out?

Meet my favorite garment that meets the criteria:
Hun he took all fat from you and put it in your booty ! You have no fat left ! What ever he transferred to your butt will get bigger if you gain weigh. . I can clearly see the difference in your buttock it is fuller on a top and it is more round.
hey 111- I took the measurements and there's 1/4'' increase on my butt overall. What you are seeing is somewhat of an illusion. Having fat removed from the back and top of the butt makes it look rounder and fuller when in reality it's rounder from the fat removal but not really fuller. So if I was to go back in time I'd only choose body sculpting and not fat transfer. The fat injected did die off except for that 1/4'' so far. I love the sculpting he did but obviously something went wrong for the fat to disappear the way it has. My butt would look bigger if he'd taken more from my thighs, still hoping those will shrink. If they do I'll be satisfied knowing my bootay looks bigger. Again LOVE the sculpting just not the fat injections.
Your new pics totally show great results! You have a round booty girl! How can you not see that? Your lower back (from the side view) really got sculpted well - leading to the curvy butt! Wow. I think it's a big difference. Your waist is sooo tiny too. Looking better and better each day - I bet the fluffing Gods will be visiting very soon :) happy healing and best wishes

Ideal Hip to Waist Ratio - little confusing

I found this article very helpful although I guess they forgot to do their math or they just felt it was easier to round up lol.

As wanthourglass pointed out you divide your waist by your hips to get your waist to hip ratio. Although this article states men prefer .7/70% hip to waist ratio it seems like the actual ideal number is .67/67%. For the models men drool over they have chosen women who are 34 - 24 - 36. That means the best of the best according to those numbers are .71 for waist to breast ratio and .67 for waist to hip ratio.

The article states men start loosing interest when a woman reaches above .8/80% hip to waist ratio (gosh men a so picky). But women can be bigger or smaller measurements as long as we fall into the .67 - .79 waist to hip ratio to be the most desirable to men. Science is interesting isn't it? They claim it's instinctual and something to do with men targeting women for child bearing lol.

So WHOOPS I found out today what I thought was my hips really isn't... those are hip bones but not where you measure your hips. Odd... anyways I followed instruction and my current measurements are:

Bust: 35
Waist: 25.75
Hips: 38 (previous hip measurements where done wrong)

Bust to Waist Ratio: .74/74%
Hips to Waist Ratio: .67/67%

What is confusing to me is that shape does play a factor as well. The other thing is a girl can be .7 ratio but what if almost all of that is side projection or opposite is almost all width but little projection. Wouldn't that play a role into a male's desire? Seems more complex than they are making it out to be to me lol.

When push comes to shove what I think makes men and women most attractive is when you feel sexy. This changes the way you interact with others and confidence can be very sexy! I know easier said than done right? My sculpting has given me a new sense of confidence I never really had before even when working out for 6 or more months straight and hour a day 5 - 6 days a week!

I do love having a more curvy body and can't wait till my friends see me in something form fitting :) I know that no one will suspect surgery. They are used to my health and fitness changes so they will just assume this is due to that. Hoping a few at least will do a double take or have that look of amazement when they see my stomach. :) I'm turning 30 in a couple months and would love some attention helping me to feel 10 years younger! Don't we all lol
Well the only way I can explain "fluffing" is that the fat that was injected towards the top of the butt sorta drops down to the middle of the butt creating a more rounder, projection. It also happens when the total tissue swelling subsides. I've read profiles on here where it happened as early as 8 weeks to as late as 5 months! I think that's why the docs say wait 3-6 months for final shape and swelling to go down. It's similar to when you get breast implants & they are almost too high up on your chest initially but after 6 or more months they "settle" (relax) nicely into the chest cavity. That happens with most under the muscle silicone breast augs. I am trying to find profiles I've read on here where this happened (initial volume lost - but then "fluffing"). If you do a search on here for fluffing - you may find the profiles. I only remember this one off hand but I'll keep looking for more http://www.realself.com/review/aventura-fl-tummy-tuck-bbl-review-part-surgery-7-10-weeks-po-pics-1200ccs-dr-salama
I feel you on the thigh issue, well i mean for me at least.... I have big thighs and im like ughhh it takes away from my butt. I do see a difference in your butt though. More round a lifted but not as much projection like you said. When you pay that money you want to see a major diff. I would wait 6 months and talk to the Dr about a revision. he needs to own up to what he did and realize he didnt give his client what was promised. Or even talk to him sooner. I completely understand your feelings and I wish I could make you feel better. I would just review other dr's work and ask them about a second round and what would be the complications if any since you recently had this procedure done. Doesnt hurt to ask and you never know something you may hear will make you feel motivated for a 2nd try.

Learning about the term "fluffing"

After the 2nd person wished me a "happy fluffing" I just had to look into it. Thank you wanthourglass for the link. I read her WHOLE story ;) I do see what you mean by the fat softened and dropped some. I wasn't able to find another outcome like hers though as I searched for the term "fluffing". I was curious to see what the doctors thought of this and they all have similar answers so I thought I'd help educate anyone else curious as I was ;)

Is it true that your butt gets bigger (fluffs) after a Brazilian Butt Lift?
April 24th, 2014
+1 Salvador
Thank you for your question, the word fluffs would be incorrect to use in this situation, what truly happens is that after the Brazilian butt lift, which consists of liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks. The swelling takes around 3 months for it to go away, so during this periods of time your waist gets smaller as well as all the liposuction areas get smaller since the swelling period starts to fade; The buttocks however since the fat was injected into it, does not go down as much as the liposuction areas. It will decrease in size a little, due to some percentage of fat reabsorbing as well as swelling, however, it doesn't go down as much as the swelling in the liposuction areas.
This causes your body to look smaller an the butt seems to get bigger, but it doesn't, the buttocks stays the same size and all the swelling around it is the one that goes down.
Salvador Pantoja, MD
Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 82 reviews
Are you sitting on your butt yet?
Hey Kathy - actually today was the first time I sat down without something under my thighs but I perched forward on the chair so minimal pressure was on my butt and it was only for 5 minutes before I excused myself at the dealership and left hubby to sit with the salesman. Other than that not once
Okay so I am getting a little nervous. Had the EKG and labs yesterday. Did you do lymphatic massages or you did them yourself? What did you use under your legs and back...just a roll pillow. We are actually going to put a mattress in our van to use for traveling so I can stay on my stomach. Can you think of anything I really need?

June 11th over 5 weeks post op update

Still happy about the sculpting but I figured out what's happened with my butt. When my doc lipo suctioned the banana rolls it dropped the support of the butt making my butt look longer. Used a horizontal line to show. I'm told the booty will drop more upon healing. I'm worried about this.

In addition I have noticed my recessed areas (dips on the butt that looked deflated are coming back). I hope there's no more swelling and just stays the way it is. I don't like the inward curve on the hips that is supposed to go outwards.

The side by side pic is from today. You can see my butt looks bigger but look to the next version. I used white to show how much the doc lipo'd off me. The red is what I estimate is the remaining fat and/or swelling. :(

I admit I am worried. I understand that you guys want me to be happy with my results and with the shaping I am! I just wanted noticeable fat in my booty. That's why I had this procedure and why I flew far out to Miami. This was important to me. I wanted to look good in all the shorts, skirts, dresses, and bikini's I always wanted to wear. I've always been fine with my body outside the size of my butt and banana rolls under the butt. I still don't have the size and still have banana rolls.

I will continue to feel thankful for the stomach, back, and waist that makes me feel sexy. Just wish I had a booty that made me feel sexy. I'm a butt kind of girl and wish I had a butt that expressed me the way I want.

At month 2 I will begin heavy weight lifting like I used to but hubby and I believe while this may perk the butt I will likely also shrink like I do each time I work out while my thighs stay the same size (my thighs are stubborn lol).

As you can tell I'm not in the best of moods after the photos. Thank you girls for the support. I will just take it easy tonight and try to cheer myself up.
Did u get any lymphatic drainage massages? If so, when did you receive your first one?
no I don't believe in those after reading a lot of articles on them. Any kind of massage will help with circulation and breaking up scar tissue. Hubby and I do those on my daily ;)
Thanks Christie. I will do a review. I am taking a lot of pics in different things as you did. I will be sure to get the foam. Thanks again.

OH MY! This is what hubby bought me...

This is... well...Since childhood I always wanted to be more outgoing and have clothing that reflected that. Even in my marriage I wanted to wear sexy things but couldn't bring myself to do it as I didn't want to draw attention to my thighs or butt. I also was self conscience about my stomach when in any other position other than standing.

I don't feel shy about my tummy anymore. The thighs I feel a lot better about because of the shape but still self conscience about those darn banana rolls! The butt I'm working to accept and I know it's no longer embarrassing even if it lacks projection. Ultimately girls I feel more confident! Hubby got a gold bikini and netted white top for me on ebay! No it's not for public wearing lol. I just changed and strut out of the bathroom in it and he had me turn around and gave the look a 9... a freaking 9! That means he loves it.... I'm just in shock here from this... Still can't believe this is my body... not a temp... it's mine.
You look terrific. My labs came back good and sx is set for Tuesday morning. I will get a review up soon.
I hope so Kathy because I wonder about you daily. It's easy to remember all my intense feelings that close to surgery and I'd love to see your transformation :)
Yes love, your body rocks!!!! And yes, it's yours... take care of it! (beautiful stomach!) I have sx in less than 2 weeks and can't wait to say "this body is not a temp" :)

Darn! Ok so took my measurements today

Woke up this morning and I was about to hop in the shower when I thought "its been a little while since I measured my butt". So I wrapped that measuring tape around me and adjusted it as I normally do and.... biggest part of the butt measured 39''. I'm thinking no that can't be right so I measured again... then measured my waist to see if maybe that went down as well. Nope my waist is still 25.75 inches and the scale shows I haven't lost weight but gained a pound.

This means the largest part of my butt is now the same post op as it was pre op. I mean I'm still hopeful that when the top fat settles it will move down into that largest part of my booty but we won't know how my booty will look all over when settling occurs. I could look better or saggy, just too early to tell.

BTW I test drove some cars again recently but this time without my pillow. Sitting hurts so when I drive I flex my left leg to lift most the pressure off. Did any of you experience this 5 1/2 weeks post op? I don't think I can sit on a hard chair without all sorts of pain. I tried that but without putting all my weight down and was like "oh no this isn't going to work". Wonder when that pain will subside.

Ok ladies I'm off to get ready today to fly a plane! Yes you heard me I'm flying a plane for the first time and if I love it I'm going to school for a pilots sports license :) Hubby and I aren't having kids so we need other entertainment once in a while lol.
It is do hard to measure butt , I gained 16 pounds my butt got bigger for sure ( much more fat thete then before ) but my measurement tame say I am same 37 inches ...
how do you know there's more fat if the measurement in the same?
My hubby tells me he can feel my butt is bigger and when he grabs my butt also I can feel more fat there , I fill out pants better . But my measurement are the same 37-36 inches ! I do have narrow hips . As I gain weight fat goes into projection but my measuring tape doesn't move , so strange . I am going to Salama to make my butt more wider and give me hips , curves ! I do have projection I just need wider butt. I love your new body , don't get obsessed with measuring tape ! It is all about shape anyway and the way clothes fits ! And you look amazing

Tomorrow marks my 6 week post op anniversary :)

Hey Girls!

Hope everyone had a great Fathers Day! We took my father in law out on the lake in a kayak. My husband and I did a tandem kayak together. I love physical activities but Kayaking is my absolute favorite... however as I said the other day MY BUTT HURTS lol.

Here I am making my husband do most the work while I use my arms to prop myself up off my butt when all of the sudden a storm starts brewing. Oh great and then lots of wind to knot my hair and hubby alone which hadn't slept and was exhausted couldn't make it to dock without my help. Oh great after surgery I'm at an all time weak and no arm strength (remember I had lipo the arms) just started ignoring my booty pain and paddled as hard as my little green bean arms would allow lol. Felt like it was forever but we made it. I however hurt my elbow doing this and today my booty hurts more than it has in weeks. To top it off yesterday my period started :(

Gonna be a tough work day for me but at least I get the joys of writing the state and government estimated taxes checks ::furrows brows::. Yeah that a couple other things have got me feeling a tad grumypy. Sore booty, arm/elbow pains, and cramps. I better be a trooper and not take it out on hubby. I'll post measurements in 4 more days when period and bloating goes away girls ;)
Hi, have been thinking about you.(not in a weird way lol) Hoping everything is going well for you :)

Considering Facial Fat Grafting... Opinions.. Stories? oh and Saturday's Photos

So Saturday morning before leaving the house for my first flying lesson I chose to grab my swim bottoms and take a few pics. Now this was 1 day before my period started so might have bloating as I normally do put on 3 - 5 lbs water weight but this time the scale doesn't show an increase. Odd...

Well my tummy has progressed to lumpiness but at least it's still flat. Wish I could remember to massage it but I get so busy I forget. : /

Hey girls I'm strongly considering Facial Fat Grafting... Opinions.. Stories to share? Most women hide their faces off Real Self and I am no exception but I know certain parts of the body accept fat more than others. I'm told that face accepts fat transfers well but not the lips. I mostly just want fat around my raccoon eyes I was born with that get worse each year now and remove the fat that's accumulated under my chin and jawline.

The full face procedure ranges from $2,500 - $8,000 depending on the doc and location. Girls this is really important to me but until recently I didn't know it existed or I would have picked that even over BBL! Please if anyone has had this done or knows someone who has had it last more than a year let me know. I won't online stalk or be annoying if they don't want to share pics. Just to know if it lasted and if there's something I can do to keep the results better.
Just realize that you see things 100 times worse than those on the outside. Try to relax and enjoy your results! You look fabulous! Many girls would kill to look that good!
I so agree with you, I think she looks great! I would wish to be her frame!!!
awww that's very kind of you to say helpmybooty. Hope you're right about me seeing things 100 times worse than others. I hate the thought of all my fitness efforts and surgery only to have people just starring a the banana rolls. Gosh I wish I could snap my fingers and not let it bother me anymore.

Post Surgery Depression - Why am I feeling this way?

Today is officially my 6 weeks post op date. I was told post surgery depression could kick in after 1 month and sometimes even 2. Is that what this feeling is? I'm on my cycle and I feel void of energy and emotionally down in the dumps. I asked myself why I am feeling this way and like most girls I can come up with a bunch of little reasons. Really though those aren't new and didn't make me feel like this before so something is up.

Girls please keep our BBL sister Kathy476 in mind today as this morning she just had her surgery done in Florida this morning. Please message her if you have the time and wish her a good recovery. Hopefully hers will go over better than mine did initially.
Hey there! How are things? Are you feeling better since your last post?
Hey Ifigureyolol - Today I am feeling mildly better thanks for asking :) Wearing my garment still driving me bonkers even though it's comfy. I want to wear clothes that I can't because my garment shows through lol. I think keeping your head on straight and being patient is the most trying part of the recovery
Girl you look good!

Right Cheek Droop

Hey Girls here's my 6 week 4 days post op update. Just some observations here on my results for those of you considering BBL:

I noticed this a while back but didn't go into detail on it. My doc said he did some light lipo on my banana rolls. I don't notice any reduction in size yet but still waiting. What I have noticed is the bottom crease of both butt cheeks have lowered making my bottom look longer. Not something most girls want. We typically like the short perky roundish butt.

In addition to being longer I have noticed my right butt cheek is lower that my left and even when lifting my leg from the side has a crease that didn't use to be there pre op. In the pic these things are not as noticeable as they are in person.

I hope once the fat settles and any remaining inflammation disappears that the fat moves down and rounds my bottom more. I hope the whole bottom including the crease does no sag though making my butt look even longer. Not sure which will happen or if this is how I will look permanently, only time will tell.

Stomach, weight, and measurements remain unchanged now for quite some time. No further updates other than to say my left inner butt cheek still has the bruising. Wondering if most girls still have that over 6 weeks post op or if that's discoloration that will remain long term. I've read some girls have discoloration on their stomach after aggressive lip on their tummy long term but I have yet to read that occurring in an area injected with fat.

If any of you have heard or experienced this please let me know :) thanks girlies and happy healing to all me BBL sisters!
Hello I read your journey and agree with you because looking at your pics and reading everything makes sense. Looking at your before and after is not a dramatic change like most girls on here. So sorry for the booty going back down n not having projection! I read on another girls page she started working out and lost some butt to so she stopped "/ my BBL is sunday kinda makes you think but now that I fattened my self up I gotta go! I'm already paid everything off but id be pissed to think my measurements are still the same after putting my body through all that! I think your body looked great before and after xoxo thank you for a very detailed review as well on the sculpting and pics on the fat graft ..
Hey Lilyflower - Oh my gosh I could just hug you lol! I love and appreciate honesty. We are all here for multiple reasons such as information, support, but some of us are also here to hear the truth whether is be good or bad and you just gave me that. :) I'm glad I was able to help with being as thorough as I can about my journey. The emotions are a big part of this and I hoped it would help some girls to know what they are feeling is normal and they are not alone. I wish you best of luck on your Journey starting Sunday. Having BBL is unlike anything else you likely have ever been through or will go through. Stay strong and here's hoping your fat takes ;)
Thank you! And reading your journal seeing your pics not only that but pics are a illusion and you see yourself before and after unlike us you know your body better but I had to be honest and I so agree with you! .. I see many girls on here and right off the bat bang the butt is big with projection and if you didn't get that off the bat a year from now your not because you lose like you wrote 40% cc… im just scared I maybe the same if I dont gets to eating more .. But you do see some changes in your pics but your fat graft pic showed me how that came about the sculpting "/ in your case. . xoxo still look hot n sexy ;) woman kill for your body! Happy healing!

Is Patience... Impossible After BBL? I've found something to help!

I've found myself comforting BBL sisters telling them to be patient, then at times I'm comforted by other BBL sisters and told to be patient. That seems to be the one thing we all have in common... Difficulty with patience causing us to become sad, irritated, angry, worried, and/or depressed. So what's the best solution to diminish the intensity of those emotions?

DISTRACTIONS! lol I have to stop obsessing and worrying when that won't help. I've made the decision to get my eyebrow tattoos redone with a new shape that I like better, permanent eyeliner to enhance the lashes and give a more exotic look, and full lips plus lip liner. I'm no stranger to permanent cosmetic and think they are awesome! Plus there's a recovery period which you have to pay attention and work through for best results.

This will help distract me and change my focus. For those of you reading this and going through that emotional roller coaster make a list of things that will provide distractions that can be done while recovering. If you are about to have BBL make your list now to be prepared and avoid this vicious cycle.

What doesn't help...
- Shopping: I tried shopping and believe me that just makes you focus more on your booty.
-Venting to others on a regular basis
- Trying on everything in your closet

Now I don't regret sharing the good and the bad details of my recovery from BBL. I want to give you guys the most detailed and helpful review I can so you will go into BBL with both eyes open knowing what to expect. What I do regret is wasting my time and energy feeling down, depressed, or upset. I will keep feeling those things as I wanted more booty projection but I can diminish
Right now during recovery and not allowed to be active or sit down a whole lot we have too much time to obsess and worry about our results. I've also decided for further distraction while I wait to read Rapid Problem Solving with Post - It Notes. Heck this is a perfect book to use to to make a list of distractions and put them in order before committing to one or more.

Tomorrow I'm going out to buy some post it notes and start working on my Information Map and then my Action Map. I don't regret writing the good and bad in my review to help others go into this with both eyes open but I do regret spending so much time, energy, and emotions on something I can't do anything about right now.

Don't worry I'm not going to disappear and I will post updated photos very soon. In the meantime I hope the girls that find themselves dwelling and obsessing will take what I've said to heart and use ongoing DISTRACTIONS that work. ;)

7 weeks Post Op Photos

Ok as I promised he's some current photos. Sorry for the lighting and quality. My waist is still 25 3/4'' and butt is still 39". Here's my observations:

Pros
- waist looks good
- thighs from the front and back have better shape post op vs pre op
- back looks good
- the burning sensation in my skin finally went away this week

cons
- the outward curve from my hipbones to my thighs are starting to curve back inwards
- banana rolls remain unchanged
- right bottom of butt cheek has dropped post surgery and sometimes hangs out like it does in these shorts

July 6th 2 months post op BBL Updated Pics

Largest Part of Butt 39
Waist 25 3/4''
Arms 10 1/2''
Bust 34 3/4''

This will be a quick objection update of changes and observations ;). Since I last measure a couple weeks ago I have lost 3 lbs. My thighs have gone down 1/2'' each, my bust went down 1/4'', and my hips went down 1/4''.

I have spoken about "fluffing" a term doctors don't like to use lol. Basically the fat injected moves down lower into the butt. As you can see in my picks the remaining fat is above the top of my butt making it look longer. Hoping over the next few weeks that will drop down.

The red and purple discoloration under my right butt cheek remains and has not faded in 6 weeks. The uneven lumps on my stomach seem to be evening out some which I am happy about :) Remaining butt and leg bruises seem to be gone at this point :) Drain tube scars are quick dark although I think I put make up on them for the pics (don't ask lol). The feeling in my skin has almost returned to normal. I would say it's about 90% back to the way it felt pe-op.

My butt still hurts to sit on a bit, my hips are painful to try and lay on for some reason...

I am glad to have had my surgery if for nothing else other than to have better shape in some areas. My husband finds my stomach more of a turn on during intimate times so that's a plus too :)

I wear the same clothing outside of shirts as I did pre-op. Shirts I am now usually an XS/Small instead of a Small/Med.

Hope my observations will help women to determine if this is the surgery for them and if they want BBL or just body sculpting. I will keep everyone update on when or whether the highly placed fat moves down lower like it needs to and if that color under the buttocks returns to normal. For those of you who already had BBL happy healing and hope you had a great 4th of July weekend ;)
Hey! Just wondering, did the lumps on ur belly disappear?
Hey Christie...how are you doing? Back to the gym yet? Hope all is well! Happy healing :)
I got the same as you! Two jumps on top if my ass and my ass never ends just goes straight into my leg! Smh