Vain is Pain! - Miami, FL

I am almost 42 years old and starting to really...

I am almost 42 years old and starting to really notice the lines on my face. Received special discount on first time using Botox, and I had always wanted to try it. I got a total of 38 units in my forehead, the frown lines and my crow’s feet. I have to admit that it looks a lot smoother - it literally took about 5-10 years off of my forehead! I love the way it looks.

The downfall of my Botox treatment is that I am totally numb and it doesn't feel quite natural yet, but I will get used to it I'm sure. I also noticed that one eyebrow is just a bit higher than the other and my eyelids have an odd 'pull' to them when I raise the only part of my eyebrow that will move! I am extremely observant and also critical - and it really isn't bad and unless you stared at my face, you wouldn't notice the difference. And, all in all, I am happy with the vanity results. I'm not so happy with the physical results - I am also experiencing excruciating headaches. I feel like my head is in a vise and also across my forehead, there is a lot of pressure. It has been two weeks of pain so far - not always with the pressure and sometimes it is dull, but it has pretty much been constant. I started getting the headaches within hours of the first injection. I do know that extreme headaches from Botox are rare, and the majority of people have great experiences with it, but I will not be getting it again.

Even if it was offered to me for free. I will just have to learn to love my frown lines and crinkly smile lines! I honestly wouldn't recommend Botox to anyone - while the results are wonderful, the lengthy and extreme pain is not. And I don't like being crabby, which I have been horribly crabby because of these headaches!

My headache lasted 3 weeks. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Miami,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. Sorry to hear what you are going through, others on the site have also dealt with headaches. I'm glad you are happy with the physical results, at least it wasn't all bad, might you have some pictures you would like to share? Please keep us updated to how you are doing.

Thanks,

-Britt

The provider was wonderful, while I was not told that I could get headaches from the Botox, she did do a great job and I have received many compliments on the much younger and alive looking me! Not everyone would have the same results with the Botox and headaches as I did, and apparently there are other options other than Botox to use now that don't cause headaches, or so I have read.