Ideal Image, Laser Hair Removal - Miami, FL

So tomorrow I start my first out of 9 treatments...

So tomorrow I start my first out of 9 treatments of laser hair removal on my bikini area and underarms. I went in for my consult on Tuesday the 10th. I was quoted $3615 for my bikini full plus plan with free underarms. The bikini area package is basically everything that shows on the outside of your bathing suit. I chose the bikini FULL which is the entire area up to my "goodies". I made sure to ask if they go inside of the lips for those of us with "fatties" lol (i apologize if im a bit "much"). Well the bikini full package is just that - and the bikini full PLUS- includes up to the butt crack. Plus free underarms with this package. This also includes a lifetime guarantee. Okay- so here are some of the fine details.. the package of $3615 includes 9 treatments. Each treatment is scheduled 8-10 weeks apart, and anything after the 9 treatments is included in the price BUT you have to pay a copay each time you want to come back. Its a small portion. Ill ask for the exact amount tomorrow and update this. I was placed in a 12 month payment plan- I'm a 23 year old female with no credit. The payment plan is $723 down- and $241 a month. Obviously- with better credit, the better the payment plan options. Tomorrow is my first treatment- lets see how it goes. If I left anything out- feel free to ask :)

...i should add. I'm of Hispanic origin. female. 23. with dark, coarse hair. a lot of ingrown hairs, irritation, bumps. I shave most areas on my body and hair grows back within a day or two. I attached some before pictures.

Oops, ideal image not body details

It's actually ideal image not body details. My fault lol. So I asked what the copay was for touchups with the lifetime warranty after the 9 included treatments- it's $50/armpits, $90/bikini plus. I start tomorrow :) lets see.

One treatment- so far so good

I went in to do one treatment and let me tell you how painful it was! For starters I'm not the sensitive type. I have several tattoos and piercings- & none compare to the pain of laser hair removal. I have a rib cage tattoo that starts underneath my very sensitive breast area, going down my ribs all the way to my hip bone- all done in 6hrs one straight session with no breaks. AND LASER HURTS 10x more. I have two permanent dermal piercings on my bikini area on each hip bone, tongue piercings, nose, dermal on the bone of my ring finger!, tattoos on my fingers- AND I WOULD STILL DO THOSE ALL OVER AGAIN and it will be less painful than laser. Did I make my point? This ish hurts. Well they started with my armpits- each poke of the laser made my nerves tense and react in so much pain. The first armpit took about 5mins of painful laser shots one after the other. As far as tattoos go- there gets a point where you feel some numbness. NOT the case with laser. Once she did both my armpits- I was literally shaking thinking about them opening up my privates and applying that amount of pain to it. She started with the most sensitive area- the bone where your lips meet (right at the top), then worked her way around the bikini area- it went on for about 20mins of pure torture. The shock of the laser literally made my body jump in seizure mood each time she poked. I mentally tried to focus- nothing helps- your body just JUMPS in shock- legs kicking. I was scared shit less for my more private areas- when she opened up with the tongues- it was actually the most relieving moment. No pervertness intended- but it wasn't so bad. Then she asked me to roll over- time to laser my booty crack lol. She asks you to hold it open yourself. A little hard to do when your shaking. Each zap!- you let go & or grip deeper onto your cheeks. This went on for about 5-10mins. Afterwards- you see NO results. There is no pain in between the shots or afterwards. Just the moment you get zapped. So you walk out of there just fine. They say it takes 7-10days to see hair fall out but that wasn't my case. I never literally saw hairs dying and falling out. I waited a week then decided to shave. After I noticed that it took longer for the hairs to grow back. About a week- before my pubic hair would grow back in 2days. My underarm hairs every day. The second time I shaved was 2wks ir so after my treatment. This is when the results were more evident. I haven't seen hair grow back in my underarms since. There are a few I can count with one hand that are so light in color. Before my hairs were coarse, and dark that after a couple hours of shaving it looked like hairs were growing back already. Well I'm extremely glad with my results so far.

Little update

They offer prices per treatment for those skeptics. I remember them being less than 200 depending on the area. cant say exactly for now. But the price I paid includes the 9 treatments PLUS a lifetime membership. To an established facility with sooo many business not only in my area but around the whole united states. Many salons and other facility may provide a lifetime guarantee aswell- but how many salons truely stick around that long? lets get real.
Body Details

That price of $3615 is ridiculous! I am halfway thru my treatments for the underarm and Brazilian and my cost is $900 for 6 treatments and the 7th is free if I paid upfront. It is thru a DermFx in sunset beach, ca who was recommended by my dermatologist.
awesome I want this someday too!!!
whoa I want to do the brazilian wax for laser hair removal but Idk girl! after hearing that I just dont know LOL. Thanks for sharing!!
i would love to see an update on your review! i am medium toned skin color too, and I had my full legs done 1 1/2 weeks ago and haven't had to shave yet. i'm going for underarms on friday march 28th.
Hey ConnieM I would love it if you could please gave us an update on how your treatments turned out so far. I am seriously considering laser hair removal myself.
So I'm 23 ... I always had quite a firm perky butt even though I'm slightly overweight. Some time ago I developed a rash on my butt that wouldn't go away, so I kept using hydrocortisone on it, not knowing it was a steroid and that it would thin the skin. Now, the skin on my butt isn't firm, it droops and my butt looks like an old woman's butt :( I wanna talk to people who have gone through with the BBL and find out if it's worth it!
In Miami I paid underarms/full Brazilian 6 sessions, $199, full legs including feet and toes 6 sessions $249 all with the Candela Gentle YAG.
Dr. Numb. Works wonders. I have no pain on my treatments.
Glad to hear Dr. Numb works great for you ( I assume that is the same as Mr. Numb?) How long before treatment do you apply? Are you planning on writing a review, would love it if you did :)
I'm not familiar with Mr. Numb. It's a different product than Dr. Numb (which is the only numbing product I am familiar with.) Dr. Numb works great for me. I rub it on liberally like using a skin cream about 30 minutes before a laser session. And I take two Motrins about the same time. I've had work done of most of my body including underams, legs, brazilian, etc. Between the cream and Motrin I feel very little pain during a session. Almost none.
You had no pain, that sounds good to me!! LOL, what about the results?
I am Italian so I have dark hair. I am currently receiving laser treatments for full legs, underarms, and bikini area. I paid a total of $1200.00 for everything. I get 7 treatments 5 weeks apart. I have had one treatment and LOVE the results. Although it was painful, I do not think it was anymore painful than waxing and of course the results are far more long lasting. I too have a "lifetime" warranty with no deductible for return visits. I do think the price you paid was extremely high. The redness, irritation that I had during the procedure was gone by the time I left. I can definitely see that as the appointments go on, I will be very pleased. How nice it will be to not have to shave everyday!
Where are you located at and what place did you use? I think the price is great. Thank you.
Where are you doing your treatments?
ask them for an ice pack next time - it really helps - and it will get less painful each time because there is less hair to target.
groupon!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your review...i am considering this treatment but worried about the pain. I also have a few tattoos as well as getting one removed...that laser hurts ...so maybe i can handle this! Can they numb the area?
There is a prescription numbing creme that you can use an hour before your treatment. My dermatologist prescribed it. It wasn't that string though, IMO. Laser is fast, but it hurts!! Especially when they increase the intensity around the 3rd and 4th sessions ! O_o But at least it's over in 10-15 min.
I meant it wasn't strong enough, for me : ) excuse my lack of spellcheck
thanks. so what are the prices now? im considering other places on my body to laser. now im questioning if i should have gone to "body details" instead.
6 legs = $1350, 6 underarms = $300, 6 brazilian =$600, 6 face = $450. Definitely shop around...just make sure they are using a YAG for your skin type and you will get the same results for a better price.
what is brazilian? is it a wax or laser hair removal?
In NYC, I got both underarms and Brazilian for less than $600, 6 sessions. You should definitely shop around when you go to do those other areas. Just make sure the place has high reviews, and that they have the right laser for your skin (e.g. YAG, like Nicole S posted).
Either. It's when ALL the hair is removed instead of just the bikini area.