Exilis Laser Treatment - Miami

Hi Ladies, i started my Exilis treatment...

Hi Ladies,

i started my Exilis treatment yesterday and honestly it feels just like the Accent it becomes very hot like burning but the massage therapist told me that i have to tolerate the heat because if not it won't work, the doctor told me that i need 8 treatments in order to see some results i am a little skeptic about the treatment since the accent didn't work but i will once again give it a try! i hope i don't get dissapointed it's money $$$ and time.

There's only 2 doctors in Miami that are doing it at this time, My next appt is next friday March 18th let's see how it goes, i will put my before pictures now and when i finish the treatment i will put the after. Thank you

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr O seems a very good experienced doctor i have not had any procedures with him yet only the Exilis so far.

Don't waste your money I tried all of them velashape, veins freeze, exilis they don't work, now excercise does work, I started a diet low carbs, jogging and strength training and now I can see the difference.
*Sorry I meant venus Freeze
Did the exilis work? Going to your doctor
Confused... Are you asking if Exilis is good following your surgery to remove staples or if the Exilis is ok to use over staples which it is not... Also pease keep in mind that the Exilis and all like devices work best in patients with a BMI below 30 or patients within 25-35 pounds of normal.
Hello Nickal, Thank you for answering my question. I wanted to know if you think that it would be too risky to have the Exilis treatment over the staples that is still inside me. Also, I didn't mean to throw you off concerning my belly, it's just hugh to me I guess. I weigh 151 lbs., with a very small frame, but I still look like I'm three months pregnant! :) Do you know of anyone who has had the treatment after a surgical procedure? If so, what was the outcome? Thanks Nickal!
I would defer to your treating physician. I don't know how deep the staples are so could not offer an answer. We treat many patients post liposuction with both Vela and Exilis to help even out the lumpy, bumpy areas 4-6 weeks after surgery.
Hi Nichal. You seem to know your stuff! Thank you so much for your comments! I would love to have the Exilis treatment. I had my gall bladder removed in the 80's, and the staples are still inside me. Do you think this would be too risky. I have never had a problem after the surgery, and I don't want to start now. My belly is hugh; maybe the cushion I need. I would love some feedback from you. The doctor who would perform the surgery says that it will be ok. kneedtono
Kathi,

Thanks. And I agree that waiting is key. I also hope that the body will do some of its own healing.

I do like the suction/RF combo for cellulite. I will note and research the Viora Reaction and compare it to the next gen Vela when it comes out. (I do have one area with cellulite that I haven't treated with Exilis to date).
4ever Y,

I had four rounds of Exilis, and I saw no results. I did neck, upper arms, upper thighs. I saw no results at all, and the facility was just too far away and I had spent too much $ for no visible results. The nurse was really great and informative. There were two nurse in the practice, and they both had used the Exilis on one another and on others in the office. Most of them had good results. My nurse was sixty, thin and with beautiful skin. She said that some patients have good results and some have no results. She thought she started to see some results in my upper arms but that was only temporary. There was no improvement neck or thighs.

The plastic surgeon I saw in NYC uses the Viora Reaction. He thinks it is the best machine to date. It is very much like Exilis, although it has a suction handpiece like Vela. He was also very honest and said that even with a powerful machine like the Viora, I may get only 20-30% improvement in upper arms, so I must decide if it is worth it.

He was doubtful whether I could tighten the slack in my skin from the large volume loss from the Vela II machine. Too much, too fast, was his opinion. As far as improvement of the gouges that the Vela II made in the skin, he said all he could do is try, but to wait a while and that the treatments should be 2-3 weeks apart in order to assess the progress.

The way the skin in the upper thighs has been compromised, I wouldn't let machine touch me for a few months....
Kathi,

One other comment. When my front thighs shrunk with Exilis (I could really tell this week), I did notice looser skin too (even though I had been doing 50/50 fat reduction and tightening). So this week, on my final #4 of the set of 4, I just did tightening only. I will let you know if it works for me.

How many rounds of Exilis did you try in that area to try to tighten it? (and did you see further fat loss?)
Kathi,

The biggest problem I see is that the Velashape technician worked on both legs, when you only wanted it on one. As I mentioned, I have uneven thighs also, we measured them and the nurse spent far more time on the bigger thigh. I don't get how the doctor could possibly blame you for that, regardless of why your thighs are uneven in the first place. I assume that getting a dent was from some uneven application of the RF. I do know that I got a welt from it last time (still there after a week but going away). But I am extremely cautious and stop the nurse instantly if it feels wrong. (especially after all I read here).

The nice part is the nurse had the treatment recently, so she now truly understands, for example that the grounding pad can get very hot. She always respected my requests to stop, but still, first hand experience brings empathy. I do trust her - has been built over time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nickal,

I wasn't able to see the doctor today, so will need to wait to ask about pricing for hands. The nurse said she has done them for others with good results, which is encouraging.
Kathi,

In over 14,000 Vela treatments, we've never seen the issues you are reporting. You might want to speak to Syneron Medical to get their opinion but it's certainly nothing they have every reported to the field. One last comment and this is not meant towards you but everyone looking to have work done.

You need to have proper expectations when it comes to patient outcomes. If you are looking to take off about a decade of aging, Botox, Fillers, lasers, Exilis etc. can for the most part, accomplish that. If you're looking to slow down the aging process and age as youthfuly as possible, all the above and more can accomplish that. But... If you are looking to go back in time and have the body, face & skin of a 20 year old, that just is not realistic. 50 can be the new 35-40 or so but 50 cannot be 20

It's truly amazing what we are now able to do without surgery and yes over time the tech, the protocols and skills of the people using them will get better and better. It will still NEVER be the same for all patients. So what to look for? First a center that has experienced practitioners. Second, look for centers that own not rent their lasers and for those that properly maintain their equipment. Third look for centers that bring in new but proven technology. Ask tough questions and demand sound answers. Lastly don't buy the farm. Start slow, build trust and prove in what works best or not at all.
Oh, one thing I meant to say. Since I gave in to the advice that I needed to do both legs, I now have lost half an inch off of each thigh...leaving them STILL lopsided. And, the left thigh which was firm and smooth, now is loose, and flabby, and flawed.
Hi nical,

I just returned from meeting with the doctor who owns the facility where I had VelaShape II. He interviewed me extensively about what happened, and did seem genuinely concerned. He did, however, dwell on a few things for quite sometime that I thought were strange. Since I have one thigh larger than the other, I had told the practitioner that I wanted only that one treated. She argued that I should have both thighs done at once. My point at the onset was that the Vela I had seven years ago did a good job on the left thigh, but was ineffective on the left. He seemed to suggest that it was not normal to have one thigh larger than the other (I then showed him the size difference between my arms, as well) , and thought that I must have an edema problem. I told him I have never had that problem. He questioned me excessively about having had surgeries that may contribute to edema, something that would clog the lymph or duct system, like breast or hernia, etc. I said no, I have had no surgeries. He said "Really?, that would seem a logical reason for edema.". I said that I have had this lopsidedness lifelong, and he said "uh, huh...". I said my chiropractor said I am shorter on the right side! We finally got off the surgery subject when I lifted up my shirt and pulled down my skirt and showed him my full torso, which shows no surgery scars.

Of course, the light was bright and all the blinds were up so the worst of my injuries did not show as they do in more unkind lighting. I offered to have him and the technician accompany me into the bathroom of the facility, where I had just checked things out prior to this appointment, but he declined.

There really was no final analysis, just the mantra that Vela does not harm and probably did make some improvement but it was not the improvement I was hoping for. He said there is some risk that the results will be worse than when you began. I told him that there was absolutely no improvement and certainly I would never have begun the treatments had I been told that results could be worse than what I started with. (Really, is there anyone who takes that kind of risk?).

He has offered to have me see a plastic surgeon to get his opinion. He said this surgeon does not use Vela, so there is no conflict. I will do this, as I want to hear as many opinions as possible. Certainly I will have no treatments of any kind for some time. I will work on skin recovery, which I am told could take months.

It is possible...only possible, that I am noticing a little less prominent an imprint where the rectangular imprint is....but again, it could have been the lighting!

Of course, as has been stated repeatedly, these machines are all still new, and we don't really know what to expect, even with my having prior experience with an earlier model...I probably should have asked more questions. But, the questions I did ask....regarding the most important concerns I had.....the answers I got were just...wrong.
Nickal, Did Velashape ever come out with the next generation system you were excited about?
Yes they did however I've not yet purchased the new system as IMO, at least right now, it does not offer a significant enough difference over the VelaShape 2. For body shaping both the Exilis Elite and Vanquish are superior devices. I say right now because it's not unusual for devices to dramatically improve over time. The other device I've been waiting 4 years for is the UltraShape also from Syneron which should finally see FDA approval in the first half of this year.
So u recommend exilis for celluite treatment
Honestly it is a waste of money and time, I also tried velashape and Venus freeze and I really didn't see much difference. I decided to eat better and work out harder and now I'm seeing the difference.
Hardly a waste of time if patient expectations are reasonable and practice has informed you of what you should expect. We tell patients that we've performed over 15,000 Vela treatments and that in about 85% of all our cases, on average you should expect to see a 40% or greater improvement in the appearance of cellulite. We now combine first the Exilis Elite and finish with the VelaShape. If patients want something more permanent that provides a 60-90% improvement we offer VaserSmooth (surgical option). Notice I've never stated a 100% improvement... Now we've had patients that have had a 100% improvement with both our surgical and non-surgical options but that certainly is not always the case. Also on patient expectations all studies of RF/IR devices proves that best results are 4-6 months after the final treatment. Many patients want something instant and that's just not how the body works... Diet/exercise does little to nothing for cellulite. We have 90 pound South Beach Models with cellulite and research has shown that up to 90% of all women have some degree of cellulite.
Hi Nickal,

I will check it out and let you know.

ps I spotted your initial posts a couple of months ago, you give a lot to this board, thank you!!
Hands, fingers and wrist can all be done. On top of hand try and get above 40C. On fingers just treat for a few minutes. Will have some discomfort anywhere there is bone so tech need to keep hand piece moving. We usually can treat both hands in about 20-25 minutes.
Thanks. Sorry to bother you again, but

1. how long do you spend on each hand? 10 minutes, or 10 minutes after it reaches 40+ ?

2. Do you do the individual finger (with the loose skin on the knuckles) also, or just the main hand with the big hand knuckles? (don't know the medical terms)

interesting re lips! (makes sense, why not)
For hands above 40 is the target. Skin is thin but 41 is as high as most patients can tolerate. Here is another one. Try treating your lips. Awesome treatment..
Thanks Nickal! How much time do you spend on each hand? Do you still take it to 41-43, even though the skin is thinner there?

I know that Radiesse can help if the skin is thin and the veins show, but I don't currently have that problem or pigment issues (still too young I think, or high use of sunscreen?).

But I could use some tightening on my hands while it is still mild. (an ounce of prevention...). My elbows are much looser, when I straight my arm, the looseness is very visible and just stays there.

I will ask the doctor today, and if affordable, will start on it - I may even post before/after pictures, since I can still be very anonymous, and it isn't personal.