Won't Use It Again - Miami, FL

I tried Dysport for the first time enticed by the...

I tried Dysport for the first time enticed by the rebate offer. I was told both products (dyaport and Botox) are virtually the same. I had many Botox treatments before to reduce the frown lines between my eyes with very few side effects, and was very happy with the results. I can't say the same about Dysport. Within hours, I had a terrible headache and nausea, and by the next evening a fever of 101, sore throat, and my nose was running like a spout. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I rarely catch a cold, and if I do, I tend to recover very quickly.

It's six days later and I still feel bad and tired. I already missed four days of work. If I don't get better by the end of the week I'm going to my PCP. I also don't like the way my forehead looks - a little swollen and just looks "off".

Never again will I use this product, and will let my provider know the bad experience I had.

Hi Miami,

Welcome to the Dysport community. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Because so many community members have mentioned these symptoms I opened up the Dysport forum with a post discussing just what you are dealing with. You might want to start a discussion, so you and others can find some support. Please keep us updated and I hope the forum helps.

Hello, Britt -

Thank you for your reply. Since Friday of last week I've been feeling better, and the treated area is better, too. I no longer have the horrible headache, but I still feel fatigue and slight nausea. I will certainly look into the forum.

Thanks again,

Miami
I received a dysport treatment earlier today and have had no side effects...yet! It was a Groupon promotion-up to 40 units for $79.
Hi, I'm so glad to hear you got such a great deal and don't have any side effects thusfar. People react differently I suppose - and also maybe the placement of it causes different reactions. I won't risk it using it again, though. My experience with Botox was always positive, so I'll go back to it for my next treatment. Best wishes, MiamiC
Still no trouble. I'm scheduled for final (groupon) session (eyes) next Wednesday.

Thanks for joining the community 2cups. We would love to hear how everything goes in a review. Keep us updated. :)

Hey Miami,

Glad to hear things are going better. And thanks for checking out the forum, when it catches on it should be really useful to the Dysport community. Keep us updated.