Won't Use It Again - Miami, FL

I tried Dysport for the first time enticed by the...

I tried Dysport for the first time enticed by the rebate offer. I was told both products (dyaport and Botox) are virtually the same. I had many Botox treatments before to reduce the frown lines between my eyes with very few side effects, and was very happy with the results. I can't say the same about Dysport. Within hours, I had a terrible headache and nausea, and by the next evening a fever of 101, sore throat, and my nose was running like a spout. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I rarely catch a cold, and if I do, I tend to recover very quickly.

It's six days later and I still feel bad and tired. I already missed four days of work. If I don't get better by the end of the week I'm going to my PCP. I also don't like the way my forehead looks - a little swollen and just looks "off".

Never again will I use this product, and will let my provider know the bad experience I had.

Hi Miami,

Welcome to the Dysport community. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Because so many community members have mentioned these symptoms I opened up the Dysport forum with a post discussing just what you are dealing with. You might want to start a discussion, so you and others can find some support. Please keep us updated and I hope the forum helps.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hello, Britt -

Thank you for your reply. Since Friday of last week I've been feeling better, and the treated area is better, too. I no longer have the horrible headache, but I still feel fatigue and slight nausea. I will certainly look into the forum.

Thanks again,

Miami
I received a dysport treatment earlier today and have had no side effects...yet! It was a Groupon promotion-up to 40 units for $79.