Finally Speaking out About my Bad Experience - Miami, FL

My first breast augmentation was in 2006, which to...

My first breast augmentation was in 2006, which to my luck, didn't come out so great so I decided to trust in the surgeon at the facility me and my mother had gone to for years for laser hair removal. Little did I know his gorgeous office didn't mean i would have satisfactory results. He left me worse then what I came in with. Horrible thick scars and a hole that wouldn't close up on my right breast. I went every single week for an entire year to complain about my procedure and to ask questions.

His response was that it was normal and that i would heal. I felt as if he treated me insignificantly and the hole wasn't a big deal. Finally after 1 year of bleeding, ruining bras, spending hours upon hours without explanation I decided to go see another surgeon for help. I ended up spending 1000 dollars for him to diagnose me with a bacterial infection and that I was spitting a stitch. Stitches that Johnny Solomon used called "gortex" He then had to remove the stitch that was around inside the areola through the hole, he let me know that removing this type of stitch would cause my scars to thicken...the areolas are actually still painful till this day. I wouldnt trust him for any procedure, I wont even spend a dime on laser hair removal to support his practise. He doesnt care if you are happy with your results and does not offer to fix anything or revise what he did. Once he has your money you just become another client .I finally have the courage to speak up against him. Ladies find yourself a reputable surgeon, doesn't matter what the facility looks like. His office is gorgeous and very very misleading. Do your research before putting any type of your body in the hands of a un caring surgeon
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for finding the courage to share your story on RealSelf. I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing and frustrating experience. Has it been almost 5 years now since your stitches were removed and replaced? Did you ever visit any of your regular doctors during this tough year? Sorry your situation wasn't resolved earlier. Are you content with your breasts otherwise? Take care and thanks again for sharing!

My surgeon actually sent me to a dermatologist, which then told me I had a ruptured implant. Which wasn't the case. When I went back to the surgeon he told the dermatologist was ridiculous, but then again he recommended the dermatologist. It was just an all around run around. My first surgery ever was 2006, Soloman was going to do a revision but ended up doing a really bad job. He just didnt seem caring what so ever. My next surgery and hopefully last is 5/16. So far this surgeon has been amazing! Anire Okpaku. I found out about him because he moved to my building at work. He is caring, honest and did an amazing job on my mom. From my understanding he is great at reconstructive surgery. I will keep you guys updated and hopefully, if I build courage I can post pics.

We'll be praying for your next surgery to go well! You deserve it!

I too have had many revisions done; ive been to several docters before I actually found a caring and good one; don't lose hope you'll get there.
I agree with you as I have Had 4 surgeries and going this Friday for 5th revision and am praying that this dr is gonna help me, have no real confidents any more in any. Sorry for your experience and hope that you get what your looking for.
I am having another revision on May 16th. This surgeon operated on my mom last week, and she is really happy so far. So crossing my fingers! Good luck to you as well!