Breast Aug. - Miami, FL

I had my breast augmentation aug 5 in Florida. I...

I had my breast augmentation aug 5 in Florida. I went there because my friend recommended. After arriving I was shocked that it was located in a mini strip mall between a mens clothing store and shoe store!! I decided not to judge a book by its cover and continue. The inside looks pretty good when you walk in but the back area is when it gets sketchy!! The surgery waiting room needs a coat of paint and the surgery room is not up to par!!

I was supposed to meet with the dr. the day b4 my surgery but due to the worst patient coordinators I didnt book my flight in time. So I had a to meet him the day of the surgery.

I waited forever to have my consultation. He rushed through that he seemed really pressed for time.

Then I had to wait more hours for my surgery. They told me to come in at 1 and I didnt have my surgery till like 5-6! There were lil bae bae kids running around in the waiting room. I hadn’t eaten all day and was tired and hungry!!

After all that I was ready to leave and get my money back. I should have!!

But they finally got me ready for surgery. After I woke up Dr. Careaga was gone and they put my clothes on and walked me out!!

The staff is disorganized!! The majority of them do not speak English!!(ITs bad when u cant ask your nurse any questions)

The only reason I proceeded was because I had travelled so far!!

Dr. careaga was pretty nice. He did an ok job on my boobs!! I think Im mainly happy there big. Also one of my nipples is crocked!!!

Dr. Daniel Careaga

hi mella, how you doing after your surgery ? did careaga saw you again? because I dont think I ever want to go back to him
Sorry to read that one of your "nipples is crocked" - sounds like a miracle that that's the only thing that is wrong.
WOW! That whole situation was a little iffy. I am so glad you had a good outcome. It almost sounds like the place you went to was the fast food equivelent of plastic surgery. I'm very happy you had a good outcome and is satisfied with your results.
Reading your story, I was expecting a very bad outcome. There were so many red flags about your whole experience that your instincts to get up a run were probably best. Meeting you for the first time on the day of surgery is highly unethical. I looked up your surgeon and he is not a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and his website does NOT state that he is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. If you are reasonably happy with your results, I would say that you got away with this surgery. I am surprised that with all you went through and the one and two star ratings that you gave your surgeon three stars.
I got saline! Ya things did mostly go well! My friend had a totally different experience than me! She was pretty satisfied! I blame most of it on the patient cordinator and disorganization of the staff!

Thanks for posting your story here on RealSelf. That situation does sound a little precarious, but it seems like things mostly went well? Did you go with silicone or saline?