My MiraDry Experience - Miami Beach, FL

For many years, I suffered of severe underarm...

For many years, I suffered of severe underarm sweating accompanied by strong odor. I visited Dr. Leon Egozi's office on June 8th, 2012 and was treated. Instantly, the sweating was gone. I felt a little soar and had some swelling but i went dancing the same night. This was a wonderful experience, the staff was very kind and comforting. Since, i've been able to wear light colored clothing and even hang them back up after a day at work. MiraDry has totally changed my outlook on life, i no longer have to wear dark colored clothing and keep spare deodorant around. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Leon Egozi

I chose the Miami Beach location because i am familiar with the area and easy to get to.

How long was it until you saw results? I have mine done but it has been a week and still no results. I am hoping that after the second procedure there will be more significant results. :(

Wow, it sounds like you had a really positive experience. It seems others have mentioned that the numbing part of the procedure is pretty uncomfortable, and that the swelling is severe afterwards. How did you do with the numbing part of the treatment?

Megan, about the numbing part, I could see how it could be a bit uncomfortable for some because of the positioning for the treatment (crossed arms behind your head). As for the swelling, it took approximately 3-4 weeks before my skin was completely back to normal. It really works to keep ice on the area as much as you can tolerate.

The icing makes sense. Do you know how many injections you had to have for the numbing?

I don't have an exact count, but i was told i needed 25 cc's under one arm alone. Apparently, it depends on how one's body tolerates. a good question i was asked is, "Do you require lots of anesthesia when you go to the dentist", answer is, "yes".