Discomfort After Facelift - Michigan

I had face/neck lift almost 4 months ago. Face...

I had face/neck lift almost 4 months ago. Face seems fatter by cheeks and then I recently noticed I can feel a vein near my ear and when I touch that area it hurt. Anyone know why? I do not feel happy about this procedure. In back of one of my ears there is a bump where they put in the stiches. feels like 2 different Dr.'s did the surgery.

I had my facelift 5 months ago and I love my face. At 4 months my cheeks were still swelling a little bit but it was ok at 5 months. They are still a little sensitive now at few areas near the ears and behind the ears where the face muscles were pulled under the skin . My PS says it is normal, I am still healing. I go see my PS whenever I have any doubt on my healings .
Is it possible there are missed staples or stitches? Have you been back in to ask your PS? I would think that is in order. 4 months you are still healing and he should be willing to resolve those issues regarding the pain...? I am only 5 days out so I am not sure where I will be in 4 months, but if I had similar questions you can be sure I would be knocking on my doctors door!!! He would want me to, and expect me to! Please let us know if you do see you PS and what he finds! If he doesn't provide you with good service be sure to provide his name and information on here so others can see his rating on your treatment! Best to you!

I'm really sorry to hear you're not happy with your results at this point and that you're still recovering! Here's a great thread in the facelift forum about healing (and it does appear to take a very long time). I hope you'll keep us posted as you continue to progress.

We'd love to see your photos, too, as it helps others considering a facelift -- you can blur out your eyes if that makes you more comfortable.

Went to my PS today, and he offered a cortizone...

Went to my PS today, and he offered a cortizone injection for the discomfort I am having, but I declined as he said it was probably the stiches that was giving me the discomfort. It should be better in another month, if not I will go to see him again. thanks for the support.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

friend