One Week Till Surgery - Mexico, MX

I am hopeful, and scared. I am 40 years old and...

I am hopeful, and scared. I am 40 years old and have always been overweight. But in January I hit my all time high of 280. It broke me, no more; this weight has to come off! I have a beautiful daughter whom is almost 9, when I delivered her I went into heart failure, later found out it was from rheumatic fever as a child. I need to drop this weight and become an active family. My husband is excited for the future possibilities. I'm a big fan of Tosca Reno and her clean eating books. I plan to eat as clean as I can and exercise with yoga. Now I am eating 2 salads and 2 protein shakes. Tuesday I go on clear liquids. Praying for success!

Let us know how it went ... wish you the best
Good luck butterfly dreamer. I hope it all goes well and you come out happier and healthier.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

It sounds like you have some great reasons to make a success of this journey! Good luck with your surgery, I hope everything goes well on Friday, which I'm sure it will!

Please do come back and let us know how everything went and update us on your progress!

Dr.Elias Jesus Ortiz

I'm self pay, so I decided to go to mexico, my understanding is that there will be 3 doctors in the operating room when I have my surgery, it is in a hospital and they have been doing it for over 10 years.