Tummy Tuck Not Easy but Worth It - Cuernavaca, Mexico

I had tried lipo which had decent results but no...

I had tried lipo which had decent results but no dramatic change.

My main issue was not so much the abs themselves but my waist which had never been well defined, even when I was in my 20s and slender. I was also bothered by the skin around my upper abdomen after years of yo-yo dieting. My tendency was to gain weight in my midline. I lost 10 pounds before I had the surgery done so I would have better results.

I am only a bit over two months out and will continue to see improvement, but already I am thrilled with my results.

Pros: I went from a 28.5 inch waist pre-op to 24 inches today, without losing my curves. I expected a change but honestly I didn't imagine it would be possible! Of course it has everything to do with my amazing surgeon who knew exactly how to make that happen.

Cons: The pain was about as I expected. I had surgery on a Thursday but by Monday the most intense pain had passed. But you really need to rest for a full week or more. I didn't, and that was a mistake. I was discouraged at first at the swelling in my lower abs, but that was temporary.

Worth it!!

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Because of his professionalism and beautiful results.

I wod love to see pix b4 & after if u have them
There are some fantastic PS's in Mexico! They blow the lid off a lot of the work done in the US. Maybe it's the artistic view they have or less stress in the OR room. Very laid back and honestly, there work is very Good. So is you research there like you would here, and see a few PS's in TJ then your just as safe as if you were in the states, but possible you will get better results :-) That's my 2 cents.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Hi Tania,

Price was not high on my list of priorities since abdominoplasty, as you know well, is major surgery! I was looking for a highly qualified and reputable surgeon for an honest(not necessarily bargain basement) price.

I know having more than one procedure done at a time is a good way to get a lower price overall, but I was really only interested in the TT.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf.  It sounds like you have fabulous results which is wonderful!  Congratulations :)

I was also happy to read your post about resting that first week or more.  This is a zinger of a recovery and rest is very necessary.

Keep us up to date on your progress.
Thanks Kimmers, I have to say that this forum and your posts were so helpful! It took me over a year to finally decide, I'm so happy I did :)

So glad to hear that!!