Septorhinoplasty • November 24th - Tamaulipas, Mexico

Had my rhinoplasty on November 24th with a plastic...

Had my rhinoplasty on November 24th with a plastic surgeon whom I've had previous work with- breast augmentation and bodylift. I never asked for any before and after pictures, I completely trusted him.

I've never been happy with my broad, wide nose.

Post op wasn't too bad. I was only given Tylenol and antibiotics. My PS mentioned to me that he couldn't prescribe other pain killers like with my previous surgeries due to the risk of bleeding. Day one was easy. I only had a bit of discoloration beneath my eyes. Wasn't so after. I began swelling up bad from 2nd day until the 4th day. I could hardly open my eyes! Although the pain was nothing compared to my previous surgeries, seeing my face like that was a bit traumatic, even for my mother.

It's been two weeks since surgery day and I'm feeling pretty well. My PS has been taping me (full nose, 24/7) once a week. I'll get to keep it off after 3 weeks. I can't wait! Time has slowed to a crawl! I can tell I'm still swollen, I've been drinking arnica tea to speed up the healing process.

Saw my surgeon yesterday to change my tape. He...

Saw my surgeon yesterday to change my tape. He said it was looking good already and that he'll be taking off the taping this thursday for good! I'm so glad!

He did say I still have some swelling but it's all good. I'm already happy with how it's turning out.

Oh gosh, I had a dream where my nose was breaking off. It would just flop around whenever I moved my head. How terrifying! LOL

I know this might sound a bit weird, but does...

I know this might sound a bit weird, but does anybody ever wake up with a nose that feels runny, but it's actually stuffy? I always do. And that runny feeling tends to happen throughout the day, and its never there! I used to grab a tissue but now I just tap my nose to check, and sure enough... nada!

its been a while

I love my nose! Never thought I'd say that. If I could wish for it to be thinner, I would..maybe. but then again I love how the result is so natural.

Swelling

Some days my new nose looks amazing, when the swelling is not as present. Picture does no justice. Also here's a side view. Doc did a minimal scoop.

How bad was recovery... Comparison.

I've had open gastric bypass, eye lasik surgery, body lift, breast augmentation, open gallbladder removal and the septorhino. Out of all the surgeries, the pain was not as bad but it was the toughest to go through. I went into a depression and was desperate to recover, I kept comparing my recovering times and couldn't believe this felt so much tougher. But alas, it was over withing a couple of weeks and now I'm sure I'd go through it again if I had to.. I think.

the more I read the reviews...

The more evident it becomes that depression, regret and worries are typical post-op "symptoms" after rhinoplasty. I think it's fair to say most should stay away from the camera and mirror until at least one month out.

4.26.14