Septorhinoplasty • November 24th - Tamaulipas, Mexico

Had my rhinoplasty on November 24th with a plastic...

Had my rhinoplasty on November 24th with a plastic surgeon whom I've had previous work with- breast augmentation and bodylift. I never asked for any before and after pictures, I completely trusted him.

I've never been happy with my broad, wide nose.

Post op wasn't too bad. I was only given Tylenol and antibiotics. My PS mentioned to me that he couldn't prescribe other pain killers like with my previous surgeries due to the risk of bleeding. Day one was easy. I only had a bit of discoloration beneath my eyes. Wasn't so after. I began swelling up bad from 2nd day until the 4th day. I could hardly open my eyes! Although the pain was nothing compared to my previous surgeries, seeing my face like that was a bit traumatic, even for my mother.

It's been two weeks since surgery day and I'm feeling pretty well. My PS has been taping me (full nose, 24/7) once a week. I'll get to keep it off after 3 weeks. I can't wait! Time has slowed to a crawl! I can tell I'm still swollen, I've been drinking arnica tea to speed up the healing process.

Saw my surgeon yesterday to change my tape. He...

Saw my surgeon yesterday to change my tape. He said it was looking good already and that he'll be taking off the taping this thursday for good! I'm so glad!

He did say I still have some swelling but it's all good. I'm already happy with how it's turning out.

Oh gosh, I had a dream where my nose was breaking off. It would just flop around whenever I moved my head. How terrifying! LOL

I know this might sound a bit weird, but does...

I know this might sound a bit weird, but does anybody ever wake up with a nose that feels runny, but it's actually stuffy? I always do. And that runny feeling tends to happen throughout the day, and its never there! I used to grab a tissue but now I just tap my nose to check, and sure enough... nada!

its been a while

I love my nose! Never thought I'd say that. If I could wish for it to be thinner, I would..maybe. but then again I love how the result is so natural.

Swelling

Some days my new nose looks amazing, when the swelling is not as present. Picture does no justice. Also here's a side view. Doc did a minimal scoop.

How bad was recovery... Comparison.

I've had open gastric bypass, eye lasik surgery, body lift, breast augmentation, open gallbladder removal and the septorhino. Out of all the surgeries, the pain was not as bad but it was the toughest to go through. I went into a depression and was desperate to recover, I kept comparing my recovering times and couldn't believe this felt so much tougher. But alas, it was over withing a couple of weeks and now I'm sure I'd go through it again if I had to.. I think.

the more I read the reviews...

The more evident it becomes that depression, regret and worries are typical post-op "symptoms" after rhinoplasty. I think it's fair to say most should stay away from the camera and mirror until at least one month out.

Your nose looks good. Do you have an implant in your nose?
I do yes. I have two separate ones, between the brows for height and one placed by the columella to lift the tip:)
Did the same doctor do your other procedures? I'm wanting to get info on him for a future TT.
Hey doll! Yes he did but I just got a BA revision 8 days ago, and to be honest I love them even more this time around. This new surgeon did a lift as well and cleAned up the areolas beautifully.
Please let me know who was your doctor? Your nose looks amazing.
Dr Carlos Ontiveros in Reynosa, Tamaulipas:)
Please let me know who was your doctor? Your nose looks amazing.
Thank you! Dr Carlos ontiveros in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mx
Hi, what is the name of your doctor? I want to get a revision rhinoplasty done. Thanks!
Dr Carlos ontiveros in Reynosa, Tamaulipas :)
Love your results!!! You look great. What was the name of the doctor?
Dr Carlos ontiveros in Reynosa, Tamaulipas :)
I have to come back to these pics because your results are truly amazing! You look stunning
Thank you!!
Omg you look so Beautiful!!!!! Your nose looks fantastic
Thank you so much.:)
You look incredible. I actually said 'wow' out loud when I saw your last two pictures! Your nose is beautiful... I notice a change. A natural change. Also ,your hair looks good like that!! You are beautiful. Natural suits you well! Happy for you! Also, I noticed you mentioned that even 1.5 years post op your nose changes depending on the weather. I have noticed this with me too. Humidity make my tip grow. I have thin skin. Very thin skin. If you have thicker skin... doctors in Montreal say that it can take longer for tip to resolve. And that some patients say even after 3 years their noses look better and better :)
My nose literally took a full two years to get better and I didn't even know it was still swollen!! And, I have thin skin!! It will be much more with thicker skin! This totally happens all the time!!
really?!! OH wow. That's good to hear because my nose is HUGE right now!
wow your nose was sorta cute before and now it's just perfect for you. You have this quality some girls have where they can look like different ethnicities depending on their hair or makeup which is very lucky. Your nose is absolutely perfect for your face. I also have a wide nose naturally and I want to achieve something as great as yours but for my face.
Thanks!! My hair totally changes me lol yes I feel like.its still my nose just smaller. I like it much. I don't think a very small nose would suit me at.all, that's one of the things my surgeon told me. When are you planning your surgery?
Well I have a small face so I think a smaller nose would suit me better than it would you since your face shape is different. My surgery is booked for August 1st, I hope I can get a perfect shape like you. I'm thinking of Elizabeth Taylor's proportions. I just hope it fits me like it fits you
you are gorgeous!!
Wowowow your nose looks beautiful!!!!! Super natural I absolutely love love love it!