26 Years Old Male Rhinoplasty - Mexico, MX

Hi everyone, I'm writing this because I want to...

Hi everyone, I'm writing this because I want to share my experience and maybe I could use some advice ;)

My name is Alex, I'm 26 years old and I'm from Mexico, I have always disliked the shape of my nose, specially the profile (hump), so I've been wanting to get a rhinoplasty for a long time.
Well, it finally happened, on June 22, I'm in my second day post-op and I don't know how to react, I'm really swollen and bruised, is it normal to get this bruised and swollen?!, I look nothing like myself, and it's a little scary, what do you guys think?.

3 days post-op, still very swollen :(

Dr. Roel Moyeda

congrats! was your surgery done under full anesthesia or local!
hey man. all the swelling in the face is normal, in 2 weeks it will be gone, but you nose will be swollen a lot most of it will go down in around 6 - 12 months good luck with it all

Thanks so much for starting your story on RealSelf. Yes, swelling and bruising are totally normal. In fact, it can take 6 months to a year for you to see your final results. Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better and better in the coming weeks and months.

you look really great for only 3 days. Maybe it's because you heal faster than other people. You seriously need to look at the other reviews some people look like avatars and then their swelling goes down and their nose just turns beautiful.
Read some of the reviews on here....everyone gets super swollen and bruised! ;)