I had a complete face lift done by Doctor...

I had a complete face lift done by Doctor Koelliker in March of this year 2012. It is now November of 2012 and I get nothing but compliments on the way I look by people who know me and people who do not know me at all.

My reason for going through this surgery was very simply that I wanted to look how I felt. "Young, healthy" Metapause left me looking droopy and tired looking before my time. I had gained weight and lost it and I hated the way I looked with the droopy neck and face, eyes. I also was afraid of losing my job and not being able to find another because of the way I looked. People are very superfical now a days.

I continue to go to Medical Spa's for skin treatments and have been told numerous times that this doctor did a exceptional natural correction, that they can't even see any scars.

I had upper and lower eyelifts, mid and lower, and neck facelift with the SMAS face lift. I had a upper lip lift using the bull horn lip lift to get that pouty look back again, along with fat transfers in my upper and lower lips using my own fat lipoed from my thigh as well.

I feel pretty again. This doctor is conservative in his facelifts, meaning he leaves you with a more youthful natural look. I love the way I look now. My husband even said he thinks I look better than I did when he first met me 18 years ago. I'm not sure if that should bother me?

I went to Mexico by myself and stayed 10 days and booked my trip and surgery. Pat Marino set everything up for me and everything went very well. They took very good care of me. I felt safe and in good care at all times before and after my surgery. The hospital was spotless, the staff were very friendly and took excellent care of me. I never felt afraid. My recovery went well. I had no problems at all. I followed the doctors directions when I returned home and all went well.

You do really feel pretty good only a few days after surgery, but you should still try and rest and not over do walking around in the hot sun and such. You do need to recover before trying to fly home. That being said I was very gratful that I stayed at Casa Marino in San Miguel De Allende. It's beautiful there and I felt very safe and even walked into town one day by myself. The Authentic Mexican culture is just beautiful. I had a real life awakening as to the real Mexican people and there culture, and it was not like what you here on the news with all the drug cartels and such. It was a normal town nestled in the mountains in central Mexico. I could just go on and on about this place, its so beautiful with the climate and all the flowers everywhere. It's a wonderful place to recover from surgery. I did the package deal for my surgery, with three days at hospital and the rest of the 10 days at Casa Marino and that was just fine. I took a loan out for my surgery from my 401k and I can tell you that I will never regret doing so. It was the best thing I ever did for my self esteem. I feel confident again.

Really the only CONS I had were that the hospital staff needed to learn more english. I brought some translations books for using simple terms to get by until you arrive at Casa Marino after surgery, but that was really minimal cons because Dr, K comes in numerous times during your time in the hospital and he speaks english really good. I understand that they are working with the staff to learn english better, but it really did not casue any problems, becasue they get alot of english speaking patients all the time.

I have posted picturesSome before just after and one three months after. I would like to note that the post three month picture shows face still alittle round, I have since lost an addional 10pounds and my face is more thinner. when I get another more recent pic I'll post it. The post pic was in June of this year, which was three months after surgery and I still needed to lose a little weight. just after andshows

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I forgot to add that I also had dermabrasion on my...

I forgot to add that I also had dermabrasion on my upper and lower lips to get rid of those lip lines. In other words I had everything but the kitchen sink.

You look beautiful and refreshed! How long did the actually surgery last?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I don't know what you mean by is this a fraud. What am I advertising. I simply have told my opinion of this doctor and shown my pictures of my recovery. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. I gave this doctor a review, end of story.

I wanted to tell those who are considering plastic...

I wanted to tell those who are considering plastic surgery, about one con in this process that I never thought would happen, but after a little research online I found that it very common, and that is jealous friends and family.
It never occurred to me that my friends some I've known since grade school would turn on me like a spitting hissing cat.

Since my surgery in March of this year I have lost one good friend do to her insecurities through no fault of my own, and am getting catty remarks made in front of people who only just met me, inparticular men from another. Some don't return my phone calls ECt. It really makes me sad to have this reaction. I would of thought my friend would of been happy for me?

So when or if you decide to get work done make sure you can handle the back lash...

I did not boast, or brag, infact i acted the same around them as I always
have.

Hi I am planning similar procedures for myself. I am a senior so it will definitely make an impact on my appearance. I wouldn't worry about the reaction of 'friends'. If you find some that can't handle your successes, they weren't really friends in the first place. You look great btw. I was considering Mexico but everyone has discouraged me from going out of country, especially Mexico. Thus, I am now looking locally near Toronto. Where do you live?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi, I live in New York State. You do have to be careful when traveling out of the country. Do your research . Check your doctors credentials and google his name and see if u can find any bad negative info . Talk to other patients. That's what I did . As far as Mexico goes , I understand people or worried about going there, but honestly all the trouble is up by the border. Where I went was 900 miles below the border and there are 10000 plus Americans and Canadians living there. You walk down the streets and see them everywhere. But I know u have to do what is comfortable . I did a lot of research before I took the plunge believe me. It worked out wonderful for me. They have a good track record. I wish you good. Luck. Remember it takes time to heal . Don't freak out the first time u look in the mirror. I will be adding pictures from my entire time from beginning to end there and add them here. I have to scan them first. Take care...

I finally scanned all my pictures from my surgery...

I finally scanned all my pictures from my surgery in Mexico. I took photo's every day of my face and where I was at. I will post them in order.

Dear softgirl , there is something called make-up that actually hides bruises after you had surgery . It really works well while all the bruising fades gradually away . This beeing said , everyone heals at a different pace .After I had rhinoplasty last year I had a lot of bruising but I was able to look o.k due to a special make-up that hides bruises.
I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that anyone would look 15 yrs younger with no residual bruises in 8 days time. I just had a BA myself and the bruises around my breasts lasted well into the 2nd week. All you after pics seem to be from 10-15 yrs ago that you dug out of the closet somewhere. My sister just had a full face lift and was bruised for weeks.
First of all my pictures were all taken in 2012 after my surgery. Second, I never said anywhere on here that I had no bruising at eight days? Third, I've tried to ignore your negativity, since posting this review, but now you have insulted my integrity here, that I won't let go without commenting. How dare you come on here with your negative attitude and insult the way I look and call me a liar. I don't mind a person voicing there opinion, but when you start calling me a liar, that is unacceptable. Are you merely trying to aggravate me or are you just a negative person? I posted this review and put myself out there giving up my privacy to help people like me who are thinking of getting work done on there face. I have nothing to gain by lying to anyone. I've read through the comments since I posted this review, and you have progressively been getting more and more rude and negative, and I would like for you to take a hike. Please! Oh and by the way, thank you for telling me my pictures look like they were taken 15 years ago. That tells me my surgery was all well worth it…….

I just thought I would tell people why I decided...

I just thought I would tell people why I decided to go public with my surgery,I am a caring person and would never want to send someone to a place that would cause them harm. I want to let people know there is a safe place to go there, where they can have confidence in. Not everyone can afford these plastic surgeons in the states. It's just not fair that only well off women can get work done and the rest of us have to suffer.
that is why I am here. I thank God I found Pat Marino who sent me to Dr. K.

I talked to three different past patients, and I seen there pics so I know that they had work done. That's what helped me make my decision. I also checked better business for anything on Pat Marino and or FaceliftMexico and could find no bad info.

Also the fact that they were on the news on CNN 5 years or so ago and were interviewed right on site, told me that they had to be legit. My view is that Pat Marino's business is run out of the states so she could be held responsible and subject to our laws if this was not legitimate. All these factors made my decision to go. I'm not a stupid person as not to think that going to another country such as Mexico and having surgery could be a grave mistake, but I did months of research going back in forth in my mind about all this and I do not regret it.

Pleasure to meet you (via RealSelf). I too recently had a complete facelift with Face Lift Mexico and although currently at the one month mark believe that my result will be as pleasing to me as yours has been to you. I agree that Dr Koelliker deserves all 5's as well as the recovery experience at Spa|Club Casa Marino. Yesterday I submitted my personal review and am now waiting for moderation to review and approve it. Hoping it will be posted by tomorrow. Your photos are a great accounting of the complete experience ( was not as diligent with the camera - kind of laid low). However Dr Koelliker and Spa|Club Casa Marino did take before pics of me of which I will request and post (much prefer to post the after shots as I got rid of the old face for a reason! hahahaha! I see that there are some horror stories posted here and thrilled to see that you and I have had a similar and consistent experience with our surgery. Congratulations on the new you! Good Bye 50 Hello 30 Positively thrilled with my results
Hello Goodbye 50! It's great to hear from you since I will to be going to see Dr-Koelliker to have the same procedure done in decembre this year and resting at Casa Marino Happy to hear all went well for you and that you are feeling good about your decision .and results All the best Élise
Oh that is Great ,Good Bye 50. Just watch your face will still go through changes and get better and better. Can't wait to see your pics. It's so nice there. I hope to go back again. I'm very happy for you. I bet your just flying high...

Hi everyone, I thought I would update with info...

Hi everyone,
I thought I would update with info regarding facial peels at medical spa's. I went for a full year before I went for facelift. I had alot of sun damage, as I was a sun worshiper and tanning both user.

The first appointment was to see how much damage I had to my skin on my face. They put me under some kind of light that shows the damage and it floored me. I looked like a monster under that light.

You know those dark spots on your face here and there, well let me tell you, you should see under that light. I had so many that they blended together to almost completly cover my face.

You don't realize it, but that's what makes your face look so dark and rudy looking. I can tell you that these peels will make your facelift outcome, oh so much better.

My skin looks so much better and I think that really helps my overall outcome.

So look up "Medical Spa's" in your area and get some micro dermabrasion and some facial peels. You can go about every 6 to eight weeks for the treatment, so it gives you time to save the money up for a peel.

The first 6 months treatments I went for a microdermobrasion and peel combo. It's about $150.00 for a combo. The microdermobrasion helps get the pores on you face really small and makes your skin look smoother. It sucks out all those black heads and junk in your pores. Then when they feel you don't need the micro dermobrasion they will give you a more intense peel that will require a few days down time. I found that if you get the peel done on a Thursday, after work, you can go to work Friday and still be ok, and by Saturday morning the peeling will start. You will still have a little on Monday, but with a good makeup you will be fine.
I really suggest doing this even if you aren't thinking of facelift. It really brightens your face. Also start using a really good sunblock everyday under your makeup. UV Rays not only causes spots but also breaks down your collegen and makes you sag even more. I know we all say you look better with a tan, but there are great sunless tanning sprays now that really look like a real suntan and not that orange look.

There is this new face peel out now that I am going to try around my lips for those little line right at your lip line and here
is the info on that:

Enerpeel® EL Eye & Lip Peel
first “Eye and Lip Peel”, 15% Lactic Acid/ 3.75% TCA Acid, For the eyes, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, hyperpigmentation, gravitational eyelid droop, and dark circles. For the lips, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, help to produce rounder fuller lip shape. This peel is a great add on to one of our other peels.

Another thing , get a really good Mineral make up, its healthy for your skin. I have tried alot of different make up, but the spa I go to got my hooked on Jane Iredale . I copied and pasted a description about the makeup just below:

"Jane Iredale mineral makeup is the makeup for the new millennium. Formulated with pure micronized minerals and pigments, these all-natural cosmetics have the ability to cover almost any skin problem. Unlike so many makeup collections, the Jane Iredale line contains no oil to clog or enlarge pores and no talc, which can dry the skin. Each product is free of perfume"

It's a little pricey, but not bad and it last for a long time, like 2 months or so. I have Five suggestions that I use, and I think you will do just fine with this and take care of all your foundation and blush and bronzer needs. I list them below.
1. Quad Bronzer - It comes in 3 different color options. I've tried the Sunbeam and Rose dawn. The sunbeam is more of bronzer and the Rose dawn gives me a really glowing blushed look. I absolutly love, love , love these quads.
2.Amazing Base® SPF 20- I use the color "Suntan"

3. D2O™ Hydration Spray - sets the makeup and gives you moisture also.

4.Corrective Colors _ has Four shades to correct and conceal discoloration
Work absolutly fantastic for cover bruises after surgery.

5. Obagi SPF 50 Nu-Derm UVA UVB Sunscreen Sunblock Fragrance Free. You can get this on Amazon for about $28.00 and it will last almost all summer if you use on face and neck, and looks really good under your makeup. I use the 50 spf because I like to garden and go out in a boat. Don't want those spots back again.....

This make up is healthy for your skin and it's what I have on my face on my 8 day pic. If you get the foundation, don't remove the sticker that hold the powder in and only poke a couple of holes in it and it will last for months. My spa person told me that.

take care.

lisa its me colleen you look beautiful if only i had gone to san miguel i would still have my beautiful asian eyes im so grateful to you for taking the time to talk to me and encourage me and if not for you i would have never quit smoking
Hi Collen, It's great to here from u again. You look great Colleen. I'm so glad u quit smoking. It's freedom isn't it. Your not chained to that habit . I want to keep in touch. Do u still have my email address? Let me know, if u don't . Ill give it to u again. Take care Lis

i cant find it... can you email me on my email adress? ****.net you look beautiful. i have so much to tell you...

I have another tip for everyone. These tips I have...

I have another tip for everyone. These tips I have posted here are things I have tried and worked for me. So when I get new ones, I'll post them. I am always looking for things to help improve myself with this darn aging crap we have to go through and when something starts going wrong I try and find a solution that won't cost me a lot. I'm not independently wealthy ,so like you I have to find the cheapest solution. Some might sound stupid, but they have worked for me.
TIP: THINNING EYEBROWS AND EYELASHES
EYEBROWS:
Buy a bottle of Castor Oil, and apply every morning with a Q-tip on your eye brows, and rub lightly into your brow skin. " I read this online and it took a little time maybe 2 or three months before I really noticed a difference, but it worked for me. My eyebrows were really thinning and getting shorter by almost half the length over my eyes. They now are grown back in enough to run from corner to corner of my eye. There not really bushy but they are definitely better than they were before. Sometimes I think some of the thinning is caused from your skin being dry and we don’t rub moisturizer on our brows, and some from aging or hormonal. Make sure if your eyebrows are shortend that you rub the oil where your eyebrows use to be so that they will fill in. It doesn't cost that much and it worth a try. Be diligent though and do it every morning and night if you want before bed.

EYELASHES:
I would love to be able to afford “Latisse” for my eyelashes, but it’s just to expensive.
I use Revlon “Grow Lushes Mascara by Fabulash , and it most definitely helps my thinning lashes. I stopped using it for a little while and tried something else and my eyelashes returned to the thinning shorter eyelashes and then I started using it again and they lengthened and filled in more. So I feel that it really does help you.

Have a nice day....

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Woops that's Grow Luscious by Revlon. LOL :-) . I...

woops that's Grow Luscious by Revlon. LOL :-) . I hate this update thing, it doesn't let you correct your miss spelled words. I feel like a moron when I re-read what I wrote after I post it.

I'm Back....after some thinking and people's prompting to not to shut my account down, I've decided not to let negitive people shut me out.
WOW that's great - I was feeling so sad for you last night.
Good Bye Everyone...../

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING...

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING FACELIFTMEXICO, OR CASA MARINO, PLEASE CONTACT THEM. I DO NOT KNOW THERE PRICING, ECT. I AM HERE TO HELP PEOPLE WITH QUESTIONS REGARDING MY OUTCOME AND EXPERIENCE WITH MY FACELIFT ONLY.

I think you asked me about price. First of all like anything else....price is negotiable. Yes, you can ask for a break. The price I said was not for all of those items. Generally a face lift is for the lower face and neck from my experience. It also depends on how much work needs to be done. Some doctors pull the skin back and do nothing with the muscle. This is what I had originally. It is a waste of time and money. You need to fix the muscles at the same time. This is why you can get a facelift from some doctors cheaper. They are only cutting and pulling back your skin. The reason why I had to do this is because of a surgeon who took out the wrong body part (lympnode) in my neck when I was 30. He cut my neck muscle and eventually I had 2 ugly bands hanging out of my neck. Ugly. I wrote about it here. Anyway, I tried to do it on the cheap and went to a doctor that gave me a great price. Since, it was a herniated muscle in my neck my insurance covered it. He should have tightened the muscle and pulled the skin back. He pulled the skin back but did not do anything with the muscle therefore a year later it looked like I did not do anything. He also pulled a little skin on the bottom (lower face) and left me with terrible scars on my ears. Ugly terrible scars. YOU DO NOT want that. We all heal differently. I am a good healer but I do scar and need an artist to cut me the right way. Something to think about ladies and gents. I chose to do my eyes this past December...upper and lower bleph...could have waited for the lowers buy why wait? And, I did deviated septum surgery at the same time. I had 2 bad years with my fathers passing and a divorce and it really hurt my face. I aged a lot during that time. All of the crying did me in. None of the doctors fees were included but the hospital and anesthesiologist was included.....all but the lower eyes....they wanted 1870 total for the remaining hospital bill...lower eyes. I asked them if they could charge me what they would charge my insurance company which was 870 total. They agreed. Again, fees are negotiable. Also, there is a credit card called care credit. Free interest for 18 months. I want to say I paid the doctor 8K but need to double check. YOU can't take a chance with your face. I have learned the hard way. I have had to redo stuff because I was too cheap and too worried about the money. Healing at 49 is a lot different. Then 2 months later I had scar revision on my ears and neck refixed. It was called a lower facelift. My price was 8000 and it was negotiated. My hospital and anesthiologist bill was discounted via the doctors office with each of them. Anesthesia was 1400 and hospital 1175. I am a perfectionist. I want to look perfect. With surgery there is no perfect. But, I believe I chose the right doctor and yes, I do owe money but I personally could not chance doing this in another country. I have had things post op that I did not have to worry about because I could drive to the doctor's office. I don't know how to post pictures but I will once I figure it out. My best advice is to get at least 2 opinions. Look at their work. Talk to people. Research on the internet. I will be 50 in July. I probably look 40. Younger guys do not know my age. My ex husband said that for someone my age I am in the top 10%. I am not saying that....but, he does not give compliments freely. Be patient. It takes months for your end result. Stay calm after surgery. You will go thru a sadness even though you really wanted surgery. That will pass as well. Have someone who cares about you post op with you so that you can rest and be waited on. I was talking to one of the nurses post op and I told her that I was swollen and did not look like myself. She said that I was healing and to look at it in the following way.....She said, "you are in a cocoon right now and you will turn into a beautiful butterfly". I was at work last week and there was a cute little girl that I was talking to and I was giving her some treats with her moms permission. When they walked off the airplane. The mother turned and looked at me and said, "my daughter said you are a beautiful butterfly". It was as if she did not want to repeat that because it was an odd remark but felt like she had to repeat it. I am an intuitive person. I believe it was a message to me. Why would a little girl say that to someone? It was my message that I would feel that way when all of my healing is finished....I am begginning to feel that way! :) Good luck to all of you. Everyone has an opinion and not one doctor is for everyone. Go with your gut feeling. This forum is to educate others on their experience not promote someone unless someone specifically asks you for that information. A doctor could have a 100% satisfaction rate and something could go wrong. They are human.
Hi there I'm new to this forum. My name's Terrie I am 48, from England and am beginning the journey towards getting a facelift. I have had a couple of consultations with 2 surgeons in London. After coming across these really informative posts (thankyou!) I contacted faceliftmexico, whereby Pat emailed me info. How did you proceed from this point? How does the 'remote' consultation process work? Not that I'm in any hurry (just starting a course of laser work for the thread veins on my face), how soon can the process evolve from initial enquiry to having the surgery? Unlike most of the posts I've read I worry about not being totally under in the operation. How was the anaesthesia - how concious are you? What can you feel, hear, see? One last question were there any health implications in flying after this kind of surgery. The long flight I will have ( perhaps over 20 hrs) concerns me. Oh sorry - one last very quick question - weatherwise is there a time that it would be too hot to comfortably have this done? Thankyou very much for your time. Stick at this forum because you and the other women who've posted have invaluable information and experience for people like me who are starting out. Thankyou x
Hi Missmaus, I didn't do the remote consultation, Pat had me send here a series of pictures from side views and front views. They were looked at to see if I was a good candidate. In your case I would do the remote consultation being from so far away. The process can happen very fast I believe. I mean I contacted her on January 1, 2012 and had surgery March 13,2012. It all depends on the doctors schedule I would think. Here is a step by step of the process I went through. 1. Contacted Pat Marino and sent pictures of my face, told her that I was interested in complete facelift with spa stay. 2. Went to doctors and had the blood panel and EKG test done and sent copies via email, to Pat. 3. Pat sent me my date for surgery and my itinerary for the trip down. 4. I made plane reservations and sent them to Pat. As far as the anesthesia, I felt absolutely nothing. I think I remember him telling me to turn my head once, but not even sure about that. I just went into operating room and they hooked me up intravenously to sedation and I woke up in my room in the afternoon hooked up to pain meds. As far as the long flight, I had to catch 3 flights to get back home. I departed Leon airport in Mexico at 11 am and didn’t get home until 11 pm, although there was the 3 hour time difference so total time flying was about 9 hours. I won’t lie it was a long day, but by the time you leave the spa at Casa Marino you in pretty good shape. If I were you I would stay at the spa a few extra days may be two weeks total. You should be in great shape most definitely by then. I mean the long flight for me was from New York to Mexico and I was tired the day I came home, but it did not cause me any problems with my surgery. Just make sure you wear the scarf to cover you face as much as possible on the day you come home because of the UV rays can make you swell. And I can’t stress enough to drink a lot of water while down in Mexico, you don’t realize it but it is very dry and you can get dehydrated easy. So bring some bottled water with you for your trip home. As far as the weather goes , I went down in March and it was like 50’s at night and 70’s during the day, with some of the day’s 80’s. It dry there and in a mountainous region so the weather is perfect for healing. I believe the temp there is pretty constant. If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me when ever you have concerns. I hope when you decide to have surgery you have a wonderful outcome. Take care….

Hi All, I thought I would touch on the topic...

Hi All,

I thought I would touch on the topic of importance and is Fat Transfers. When I had my facelift a year ago, I did have fat transfers in my lips and alittle in my frown lines. What I didn't know at the time is that I should of had some in my face during this process. I have found that after a year, I have lost alot of volume in my cheek area, after all the swelling has gone. I am going down in The End of May to have fat transfers in my lips again and in my cheeks. From reading more info on facelifts after the year mark, I found that this offen happens, and that you should get the fat transfers done while having the facelift and that it is possible you might have to have more in the future, as your body does absorb some of the fat you have transferred. So it may take a couple times of fat transfers to keep the youthfull cheeks that you have like in your three month mark after facelift, and as your face loses more volume do to the aging process. Soooooooooo, what I am getting at is. If you are planning a facelift, or thinking having one in the future do get the fat transfers in you face, especially in the cheeks. I will take some pics before and after these transfers and post them in June sometime.

thanks

Hi Angeleyes, So glad you are still here. It is such a help to someone like myself who is researching where to have a facelift to be able to read of your experience. As I live in New Zealand it is also at least a 20 hour flight so a bit daunting so Missmaus I understand your feelings. The attitude towards facelifts is similar to the UK although I think secretly a lot would like it to be more acceptable. Someone mentioned taking bottled water to Mexico for the trip home. Is it not possible to buy bottled water there?
Great news. Good for you and thanks.
I'm so glad you came back! I am 54, and am beginning to research this surgery. If I can ever get the nerve and the money, I will definitely want to talk with someone like you about it!!!

Hi Everyone, Well I am going back down to see...

Hi Everyone,

Well I am going back down to see Dr. Koelliker for my fat transfers in my cheeks and touch up in my lips. I also have a spa week in San Miguel de Allende at Club Casa Marino planned in less than three weeks. My husband wanted to go to get some work done, but can't get away. I am so excited about going down again.

I am going to save more money for next year and go down to get something done with my butt, and upper thighs. I have tried and tried to get these area's thightened by excercise and it has helped some but just not enough. Maybe a thigh lift to get those tight thighs back. I feel so good about myself. I feel the best I have in years.

I had a family get together yesterday and my niece was lounging next to me and said, " Aunt Lis you look soooo good" and my sister said " Sis you look fantastic."
I also had a get together with some old frieds who said the same things. I feel alive again. When you feel good about yourself, I think it changes the way other people react to you.

Talk about getting a boost to your selfesteem. Don't let anyone tell you it is wrong to get work done, and that you should embrace your age, BOLOGNA. When I see blogs online of women who make comments about women who get facelifts and such, and say were trying to look young and that we should just embrace our age, I think to myself "Dam right I want to look the best I can look. I think that if a person doesn't care about there looks and want to let them self go that's there prerogative, and I think some say this because they don't get off there behind and do something about the way they look and look down on those of us who try to improve ourself. What Ever!
I will take before and after pics of my face before and after transfers and post in June sometime. Mexico here I come....Yes....

Howdy everyone, Well Dr. K came here to Club Casa Marino and took my stitches out today. Said he was impressed how well im healing after only 7 days. Went out afterword and chowed on cheese burger and fries at Longhorns Smokehouse. If u come here go there and eat they have great burgers and fries, and it's only 5 min. Walk from Casa Marino spa. They speak English Have greatAmerican menu. I'm felling good now those stitches r out. It's amazing that Dr k drives an hour to here and take care of your follow up after surgery. How many Dr.'s u know do that.
Hi angel eyes, Can you post pictures of yourself, especially your lips before you leave? I still haven't decided if I am getting fat transfers to my lips. Dr K is doing my surgery next week!
Hope you're loving the results - you already looked great. Can't wait to see pics. Would love to know any details on the neck lift that you'd like to share. Best wishes for a speedy recovery - bj

MY CHEEK AND LIP FAT TRANSFERS AND NECK REVISION

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm back from Mexico. I stayed at Club Casa Marino Spa for 6 days in San miguel de allende. I had fat transfers to my lips to get more fuller look and also to cheek bone, as well as a neck lift revision under chin.

I have a series of pictures of before fat transfers and neck lift 2013 and after, to my cheek bone and a refresh on the lips, and neck lift revision.

The after is on day 5 other than the hospital pic which is day 1. My lips are still swollen a bit in pictures, and the cheek fat transfers are as well. Dr. K says that after the swelling and bursing in cheek fat has gone, I can massage the fat to smooth out if needed. The neck revision left me with small scar under chin that I can use mederma cream to fade. Its so thin already, I don't think it will take much though. My neck is still a little swollen and probably will be for a few more weeks, I notice it but do not feel anyone else will that is not aware of it. I am very happy with my results and its looking better everyday and I am at day 9 now. I am so glad
I had the under chin neck lift. My neck is nice and flat now. no loose skin.

I will post some update photos after the three month mark again, when it is completly healed for the most part. Just remember if your going for a facelift and have some weight to take off even if its only like 10 pounds do work hard to get it off before, because I feel this is partially the reason I had to have neck lift revision. Also if you are getting facelift, absolutly get the cheek fat transfers done at the same time. It is really important, because although the facelift does help to put things back where they belong, it doesn't address volume loss due to the aging process. The smas facelift does move the muscle back which gives you volume where is used to be, but it can only do so much with the loss of fat in your face do to the aging process. At the one year mark you want to have those nice cheeks still and not have that flattend look to your upper cheek bone.

thanks

So it's been 1 year since your fat transferes.......how did it turn out? Like you I had the facelift, wish I had know about fat transferes at the same time, I'm same as you 2 years out, things starting to droop again, I think because I've gone into menopause my hgh levels are low so my sick is going to suffer:( , I've been thinking about fat transfers and remember talking to you last year about this , so hoping to get your thoughts! Thx
I had to go for a mid face lift April 1,2014 by a surgeon in my home town. The face lift I had in Mexico did not lift my mid face. after swelling went away my face started sagging. I went last year to have fat transfers becouse I had these indentations running from my lower eye tear through through my cheek. I started getting marinete lines again. I did not get a complete face lift. What I had was a lower facelift only. I had to spend another $13000.00 dollers to get my face right becouse although the lower face and neck looked ok, when the swelling went away and things settled I had sagging again

UPDATE: Mid Facelift, Lapiscopic brow lift, and last but not least my third lower eye lift yest again year 2 10 April 1st, 2014

I had to spend another $13000.00 dollers to get my face right becouse although the lower face and neck looked ok, when the swelling went away and things settled I had sagging again, I also had a neck lift done twice! I am disappointed in my overall out come two years later. It did not last.
The mid face lift and brow lift/ and lower eye lift was a package deal.
The surgeon I used said when you lift the mid face and muscle back on cheek bone, you have lift the rest of the upper face as in the lower eye and brow. He said otherwise you will have loose skin under eyes. When I went to Mexico the first time, The things that bothered me the most was the mid face and neck, as my muscle had fallen which in turn caused sagging in lower face, and also left me with creases running from lower eye through my cheek. This was because my cheek muscle slipped away from its normal position on upper cheek bone, which in turn caused the crease in between muscle and upper cheek.
I thought this was addressed in the complete facelift in Mexico. It stated cheek lift as part of the package. So I assumed that was mid face. IT WAS NOT! I went back down last year in May because after just a year these creases were getting worse and worse and I wanted to try fat transfers because I thought It was from volume loss. It was because I never had a mid face lift which lifts the actual muscle back up to the cheek bone and is held there. So what I am saying that the facelift I had in Mexico did not last because I did not get the mid face addressed.
The doctor said that it looked not to bad at first because the skin was lifted up and tightened. But as time went by the swelling receeded and the skin became looser and so everything started going south again. I seen it change monthly in the mirror. I also had people guessing my age at first in 2012 as early 40's when I was 50 and before my recent surgery the were guess nearly my correct age and saying what are you 49 or 50. So that tells the story right there. IT DID NOT LAST! If you want an over all lift to your entire face , have brown lift, upper and lower eye lift, mid face lift, lower face lift and neck lift. this is a complete face lift. Volumizers are not going to give you the lift to get rid of sagging. It will help but it is expensive and does little to help this. It may make you look a little refreshed but you will still see sagging, and the don't last forever! When I get a chance I will try and take pic tonight and post of my mid face. I'm still a little swollen as its only been a week and a half, but you will see what I am talking about.....

The before pics show the flatness in cheek bone area and the fold are deep around mouth. Im smiling in pic, but if I wasn't smiling It would show deeper folds around mounth and marinette line as corners of mouth.
I went this last Friday for a 2nd follow up with surgeon and he said he took an inch of skin under my eyes and pulled up. He said I will have an asian look until I start massaging at corners of eye and push ups under eye area and said that my eyes will return to normal shape after about 3 weeks doing the massaged 3 times a day for one minuet. You can see how my upper cheek bone is now elevated and muscle that had fallen towards my nose is now lifted and returned to the cheek bone. The doctor said this will last for a long time.

After 2 years have passed, I find that I am less than happy with my outcome. I feel that Dr. Koelliker is a nice man no doubt , but I feel that at this point in time, meaning two years later and attaining more knowledge about face lifts from a highly accredited surgeon in my home town, that I did not get a complete face lift and after hearing others who went to him and have issues as I did at year mark, and what I did have did not last. So unfortunately I no longer can say that DR. Koelliker is a excellent surgeon. I feel he does alright, but is so conservative that his face lift does not last and also he did not address my mid face, and looking at others pictures on hear who have gone to him, I see that he did not address there mid face. People still have deep folds around there mouth and I can see the indentations on there lower eyes and running through there cheeks as I had. Go get a opinion from a surgeon in your home town to see if you have had a mid face lift. I did not and also did not get a brow lift because this Dr. said I didn't need one. I have deep frown lines and and saggy upper lids because I didn't have it. So I am lowing my rating as this is how I feel and the pictures I posted in my recent update confirm this.
Hi ladies, I hope you all are doing well. I had a face and neck lift in January of 2013. Didn't think I needed the neck lift, but then I am not a plastic surgeon. Still have a myriad of broken capillaries and bruising on my neck that looks as if someone tried to choke me. Also have a very white quarter sized scar in front of my ear that is also shiny and very hard to cover with makeup. My surgeon suggested that I get IPL treatments to manage the broken capillaries and bruising, but 2 treatments did nothing but cost me lots of money. (My surgeon didn't have the machine and had to refer me to someone else.) Recently I have learned of a dermatologist who used to work with a plastic surgeon and I am going to make an appointment with her to see if anything can be done. People heal differently. I just hope that there is something that can be done to improve my outcome.
I also got flushing and broken capillaries from a neck lift. I wonder what causes this. I tried IPL and it did nothing. Now I am trying the V-beam laser. This targets the redness.

Two Year Mark and My unhappy outcome

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

UPDATE: 2014 TWO YEARS LATTER, PHOTO LINE UP FROM 3 MONTH MARK IN 2012- MID FACELIFT 2014

Here is a line up a photo, starting from 3 months after first surgery in Mexico 2012, second is one year later , 2013, and you can see how I have the grooves running from lower eye through cheek area, and the flatness in upper cheek bone, and folds around mouth are deeper and returning as before. Third photo is March 2014 before mid face lift. You can see how my face has changed drastically. I have dark circles and loose skin under eyes, the cheek muscle is still fallen towards my nose creating the deep folds around my mouth. The fourth in day 12 after mid face lift and lower eye lift and brown lift in April 2014. The first photo at 3 month mark my face was still swollen but if you look at under eyea and cheek area can see the groove starting there even at 3 months after surgery in Mexico in 2012.

photos

Hi Angel , we spoke before , I almost went to Dr.K but had money problems ...finally decided to go to NYC . Are you gonna share the name of your doctor here in USA ? Glad things turned allright finally....
Hi Elise, I went to Dr. Vito C. Quatela, at Quatela Center for Plastic Surgery in Rochester, NY. He has finally given me the face I wanted from the beginning. I love what he has done and I am still slightly swollen and have began my massaging exercises for my eyes yesterday.
Hi Angeleyes, thank you so very very much for the update!! I had thought about going to Dr. K at one point, but had heard from another patient that he was far too conservative with her. Now I know the real deal ( mid face not addressed) and will let her know also. I'm happy you found a surgeon near you that has taken good care of you!!

Mid Face lift and brow and lower eye lift, 2014 DAY 16 POST SURGERY MORE PHOTOS

I am posting DAY 16 PHOTO 2014 mid face, done by Dr. Vito C. Quatela.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The face I wanted from the beginning

Dr. Vito C. Quatela, at Quatela Center for Plastic Surgery in Rochester, NY. has finally given me the face I wanted from the beginning. I love what he has done and I am still slightly swollen and have began my massaging exercises for my eyes yesterday.

Thanks for being so honest and candid. I am happy for you that in the end, you have the great results you wanted. But, boy! What a long journey to get there. You have been most helpful in giving those of us on here things to be aware of to look our for.
Wow! What a journey! I almost did not read your review because it said not worth it. I'm glad you finally received the results you wanted from the beginning. Thanks for continuing to post!
Dr K ROCKS!!!!!.... fantastic outcome; great results like night and day really. I am doing my FL here in California in ONE WEEK!!!!

4 months update, post mid face lift, brow lift, lower eye lift.

Hi Everyone,

Well its been 4 months and 19 days since I went to Dr. Vito C. Quatela And Had Surgery April 1. I am very happy with my outcome. I have never looked better. I'm told I look like I'm in my thirties and I'm 53 years old. Wow that gives a person a good feeling.

My under eyes look flawless. no tear through indents and dark circles , no indents running down my cheek, no saggy jowls, no deep frown lines, which all came back after 1 year after surgery in Mexico.

It took alot of money and alot of recovery but I now am so happy. I only wished I would of just paid the money in beginng and went to Dr. Vito C. Quatela in first place. I spent alot of money in Mexico going Twice and not having a good outcome.

I still had some need for volume in cheeks after raising my muscle up to where it used to be on cheek bones, but one volume of Scuptra did the trick and Dr. Quatela did that for me to. I love that man. He is a pefectionist.

So I want to review what you should do if you want a smooth wrinkle free facelift that returns your face to look 20 plus years younger. It's more than just having a face lift. So I will list what I think you should do if your want to have a great outcome from face lift and treatments and proceedures that compliment the facelift to give you a youthful look again that will last for a long time.

A facelift should last more that 1 or 2 years . I base this on my experience with all this surgery. I tell you these things because I experienced them first hand. And these proceedures are what I found to bring my face back to a youthful face again. So I will list what you need to do in my oppinion to get this smooth wrinkle free face again.

1. Find medical spa in your area that gives micro dermabrasion, and glycolic acid peels, based on what your needs are you might need a few mico derm treatments on top of facial peels. I had alot of sun damage so I had 6 months of both. Then when they feel you don't need micro derm, then just continue with glycolic acid peels every 8 weeks. The reason why you must contine the peels is because exfoliation creates collogen which plumps skin out and removes wrinkles and gives you that plump smooth skin on face you had a young women.

2. Get a really good mineral make up, throw out the over the counter crap. Young women can get away using it but old skin needs nurishment and the cheep makeup makes face look rudy. I use jane iredale mineral makeup and it wonderful.

3. Drink alot of water. Water will help keep skin nurished and moist.

4. For facial surgery I would get these proceedures done.

Neck Lift

lower face lift ( this along with neck lift get rid of jowls

laparoscopic Mid face lift ,and brow lift

upper eye lid lift

lower eye lift ( this one goes hand and hand with mid face lift and brow lift.) my doctor said when you have mid face lift your must lift everything above mid face to achieve a natural look.

upper lip lift, (bullhorn lip lift this one if you have alot of space between nose and upper lip.

3 months after surgery ( get Sculptra injections to bring volume back in cheeks, temples and around mouth and chin it will last two years and give you time to save up for another treatment down the road for volume loss.

These things are what will give you a full overal great outcome that will last for years and you will get compliments up the wing wang, LOL.....:)

I have two pictures taken recently for this update.

Wow, so glad you finally got the results you wanted!!! I researched going out of the country, but am so happy that I did my procedure in the US. I totally agree with augmenting the fl with fat transfers or fillers. You look fab-go girl :)
thank you sweetie, I feel good. But we all know its an ongong battle to keep looking good, but I'm done with surgery , it's been a long road let me tell you. I really sick of the recovery. lol :)
wow Lisa you look fantastic I cant believe how everything has come full circle for you after all we had been through. I hope that my outcome after all of this will be as wonderful as yours. it seems like yesterday we were both embarking on our journies. if not for you i would have never quit smoking. i owe you my life really.i absolutely love you as a person,you have saved my life and i feel blessed that you took the time to selflessly help me.you are one in a million kiddo and you deserve the best,you really do. i hope i can find someone to undo the damage that that idiot Bernadino did and my outcome would be as great as yours. i guess if we would have gone to the right place in the first place it would have saved us a lot of heart ache xoxo colleen

4 months after mid face lift / brow lift/ lower eye lift

4 months after surgery in USA

I'm a newbie here, just starting my research and have read a lot of excellent reviews for Dr. Koelliker. Yours is the only adverse review but you also appear to be the only person who has provided an update two years post surgery. That's really awesome and I wish everyone else would do the same. Did you contact Pat Marino to discuss your displeasure and if so, how accommodating was she in making things right for you?
Hi, I did in 2013 . My neck lift didnt last and I had these horrible groves running from my upper cheek area and everything was sagging again 1 year later after swelling completely went away. Pat was very good to me. I have absolutely no grip with pat or her spa , and my care there. They r fabulous people. But it's the surgery with dr k that I was unhappy with. I'm not looking for perfection but when u spend thousands of dollars u expect it to last more than one year. I have thouught about all this a lot , and really after going to a top plastic surgeon in my area , I have come to understand why my surgery did not last. It's bc it wasn't addressed correctly. As far as mine being only negative review, I can say that I was thrilled In beginning that's why I gave such good review. But after a year went by I was not happy with the way my face was looking. It didn't last. Why , because the muscle under skin was not put back where it used to be in youth. Perhaps if other people who I know we're unhappy would voice ther opinion now after a year or two goes by , would post pics as you said it could be understood. I have no reason to give dr k a negative review other that his work on my face did not last . A face lift should at the minimum last 7 to 10 years b4 the aging process starts again . When I had facelift with dr k in 2012 I was told I looked in late thirties early 40's , one year later I was told , what are like 50 which was very close to correct age. So u see it wasn't only myself that thouugt my face had aged again. Complete strangers confirmed what I was seeing.

6 months mid face lift /brow lift and lower eye lift

Thank you so much for your prompt and comprehensive response. I sincerely appreciate your continued posting here as I can find few threads that offer any updates on long term results. You've been through an awful lot since your original surgery but the end results are certainly fabulous. You look great!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

After 2 years have passed, I find that I am less than happy with my outcome. I feel that Dr. Koelliker is a nice man no doubt , but I feel that at this point in time, meaning two years later and attaining more knowledge about face lifts from a highly accredited surgeon in my home town, that I did not get a complete face lift and after hearing others who went to him and have issues as I did at year mark, and what I did have did not last. Dr. K is way to conservative. When swelling completely leaves you are sagging again. I had terrible black under eye circle for months and months from his lower eye lift , and when I went to knew doctor here in states, I barely had any bruising and what I did was gone in a week and a half. So unfortunately I no longer can say that DR. Koelliker is a excellent surgeon. I feel he does alright for those who are 60 plus years old, because at that point any improvement is noticeable. He is to conservative that his face lift does not last and also he did not address my mid face, and looking at others pictures on hear who have gone to him, I see that he did not address there mid face. People still have deep folds around there mouth and I can see the indentations on there lower eyes and running through there cheeks as I had. Go get a opinion from a surgeon in your home town to see if you have had a mid face lift. I did not and also did not get a brow lift because this Dr. said I didn't need one. I have deep frown lines and and saggy upper lids because I didn't have it. So I am lowing my rating as this is how I feel and the pictures I posted in my recent update confirm this. Also my last surgery in May 2013 , I was not sedated enough and I felt him cutting me. I was not under sedation enough and felt it the whole way through but was unable to really let them know. Don't waist your money, it won't last........