Bruising 9 Weeks Post Op, Eyelids, Facelift, Necklift

The pros of this was the package of after care, 2...

The pros of this was the package of after care, 2 days after in a hospital. I felt comfortable, the Dr. competent, stayed at small b and b with only surgery patients.

Cons, are that it is awkward to communicate from so far away what is happening re: bruises and loosening skin under neck.

I had the surgery to correct turkey neck, jowls sagging, and get rid of a little puffiness in the eye area, it was not bad.

Age 63, felt better do now, and did not want an out patient surgery. Cost for hospitalization in US is prohibitive.

I had a facelift, necklift, and eyelid surgery out of the country. Surgery was non eventful, no pain, and result looks good except: 9 weeks later I have dark shadows where the bottom of the under eye bruises were. Also next to my mouth I was bruised down to the jaw, and that dark shadow of the bruises are still there. Will they ever resolve? Also, my neck under chin looked great at 7 weeks, by the 8th week, my jawline at the jowl a little puffy, and under chin, just behind the under chin incision it is a little bumpy with a tiny reminder of the "waddle", very small, but not as good as the first 7 weeks.

Please view my posts for the name of my surgeon in Cancun
That is strange since the U.S. healthcare system is ranked 38th in the world. Costa Rica is number 37. I had a face, neck and upper and lower eyelift surgury there and am very happy with the results. The surgeon was very professional, attended numerous seminars in the U.S. and has written books on plastic surgury. The hospitals there are superior to any that I have been in here in the U.S. The aftercare if anything was abit too much attention. The surgeon gave me his personal cell number to call him if there was any problems. If I had it all over to do and the costs were the same between the U.S. and Costa Rica.... I would still have it done there.
It would be helpful if posters on this site would name their surgeons.