Finally Did It. - Mexicali, Mexico

Had gynecomastia for about 6 years now. It was not...

Had gynecomastia for about 6 years now. It was not pubescent. My tissue came for a prohormone that was an over the counter supplement. The product was from American Cellular Labs...come to find out there was a class action lawsuit against them 2 years after I developed gynecomastia. Did my research and found out prohormones actually convert to a steroid once in the body. Over the next 3 years I went to 4 surgeons to see what could be done. All agreed it was indeed tissue that needed extraction. The prices they gave sounded crazy for what seems to be a minor surgery...but remember this is plastic surgery and you are paying for their artistry and expertise. Tried tons of chest exercises first, only makes it more noticeable. Read up on pills to reverse it. Tried letrozole, which is a female cancer drug that stops estrogen, that did not work and has some un-fun side effects. Gynexin?...don't make me laugh. 1 doctor made me aware of the issue of breast cancer. He asked if it ran in the family. My grandmother and 2 aunts have passed from breast cancer. Needless to say men can get this form of cancer if they have breast tissue. So now not only does my chest look like crap, now cancer is creeping in the back of my mind. Forward 2014 I saved up a couple grand for a down payment on a new car. I get an email that a surgeon has come down on his price. I made the choice to get the surgery and forgo my new car. Mexico it is! Bought my ticket to San Diego and met my ride down to Mexicali Mexico. 1hour drive down was kind of awkward because the driver didn't speak much English. The practice was 2 blocks from the boarder crossing and very clean once inside. Dr. Paredes looked me over and gave me a couple blood test. All came back good and I was ready to go. The anesthesiologist offered an epidural or general anesthesia, I chose general. Surgery was 2 hours maybe less but i woke up with the meanest sore throat and elongated uvula. (last about a week and a half) Stayed in the unit for 2 days. Got drain tubes and three medications..anti-bacteria, anti-inflammatory and pain. Day 3 got on a plane headed home. Night 1 home was a bitch had to call up a friend who's a doctor to get better pain meds. Walking around with the drains sucks but is necessary.( 4 days with those) Healing is coming along.

week 3

Swell keeps going down. The right pec had a hematoma that is shrinking. (After week 1 I use a heating pad for 45 minutes each night to speed that up.) Still not much nipple sensation.

week 4

5weeks out

Dr. Alejandro Paredes

how much did the surgery end up costing in total?
Wow what an ordeal you have been through!
Your two week post op pictures look amazing.  How are you doing now?