"Severe Iching" on Top of Scalp After Eyebrow Lift!

I had my face lift August 2013 and had a brow lift...

I had my face lift August 2013 and had a brow lift. It is four months later and for the past two months, I have had non-stop itching of the scalp. I have lost almost half of the hair on my head because I can't stop scratching. The worst itching is in the area of where the endotine fixation post were placed. I have lumps and bumps on my head from these fixation posts. I am so miserable that I have to take Benadryl, a muscle relaxer, and zanex in the evening after I get off of work just to calm down. My scalp stays sore from scratching. I have sores on my head and it burns when I wash my hair. I have tried everything for the itching and nothing works. I put ice packs on my head and it helps some, but I can't wear ice on my head at work. I am driving my co-workers crazy from scratching my head all day at work. My plastic surgeon did not tell me that I would have these side effects when we discussed my surgery. I am somewhat happy with how I look from the face lift, but I thought I would look much younger and some people have not noticed a change at all. I am very depressed and miserable all the time because of the itching. I sometimes think about suicide because I don't want to live like this. I would not recommend anyone to have a brow lift, It is not worth it!!

Eyebrow lift causing severe problems!

Well, I am back. My scalp is still itching so bad, I feel like shaving all of my hair off and ask my doctor to give me several shots to my scalp to make it completely numb! I have lost so much of my long hair. It use to be thick and healthy. Now it is stringy, shorter and falling out by the handfuls everyday. I hate that I let my looks control my life and let a plastic surgeon give me an eyebrow lift which he placed (indotine fixation posts) that are hard plastic objects that were screwed into my scalp to lift my brows and eliminate forehead wrinkles. That is pretty barbaric if you ask me! It hurts... it's bumpy, uncomfortable and my scalp itches non-stop. No one should live like this! If I had known about the side effects of a brow lift procedure, I would have never agreed to this! Do your homework ladies! Don't do this! It is the worst pain and discomfort you will ever experience!
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Khoobehi is a very nice doctor. He did a good job on my face lift and he is very professional in how he communicates with me, however; when I call the office to complain about the "severe itching" of my scalp, the surgery coordinator tells there is nothing that can be done about this and it has to run the coarse. She said it happens to a lot of women who have a brow lift. She even told me that she had a brow lift and had severe itching too. I feel helpless because I feel there is no solution to my itching. If I had known this was a side effect of brow lift surgery, I would have never done this!

Oh no! I am really feeling for you. I have scalp itching for other reasons (hormonal I think). After years of trying different supplements, shampoos, etc., the only thing that helps me is the topical steroid Clobetasol. You should ask your doctor if that might help you. If he doesn't respond, go to a dermatologist to get this figured out. Please keep us posted! I want you to get this itching under control as it sounds so miserable :(