Feel 99% percent, new pics from week 2 post op

I am a 24 yo RN, no kids, single. Very active.....

I am a 24 yo RN, no kids, single. Very active...started running 6 years ago and lost what little breasts I had. I am a 34A ish. Pectus carinatum, (my sternum protrudes slightly). 5'9'' 140 lbs. Surgery in 19 days!!!:). Nervous/excited. Either 410 or 440 cc unders, periareolar incision. I want the surgery to feel more proportioned (very curvy bubble butt), and to pursue bodybuilding.

So, today was my pre-op!!! I got there about...

So, today was my pre-op!!! I got there about 2:45pm and didn't leave until 6 pm! We covered all of the bases. I have decided to go with 440cc sientra gel silicone smooth round moderate profile implants. My ps is going to bring in 470cc to test out too, she thinks that might work well for me too. I am 5'9'' , starting off with barely an A cup. She is doing a supra mastopexy (nipple revision) with my augmentation, bc I have some complicating features with my breasts. I don't prefer the periareolar incision, but I know I would be unhappy with my results if my nipples were not centered. I can only hope this doesn't interfere with my ability to breastfeed one day!!! I did ask for an anti anxiety, and got it. Also, I asked for an alternative to norco (I took them for my wisdom teeth months ago didn't help much). So I got Percocet instead, which I've never taken. I will be taking 5 days off work, hope that is enough (I'm a nurse). It's starting to set in. I'm pretty nervous, but feel at peace with my decision!

I can't believe it's 5 days away! I'm more...

I can't believe it's 5 days away! I'm more thrilled about it each day! I got my rx filled yesterday...I have not yet found a front zip bra. I am going to try academy today for the under armour one. Bought some acidophilus, haven't gotten hibiclenz yet...thought I could get that OTC? As I get closer to Monday, I am thinking I am leaning towards 470 instead of 440cc . I just hate the thought of wishing I had gone bigger. The 2 pics in the bikini may give an idea of my body type...should I be going bigger?! Oh well, it'll be fine. I'll update again soon.

Ok, so less than 72 hours before I say farewell to...

Ok, so less than 72 hours before I say farewell to the IBTC. I'm so excited!!! I have cleaned everything. I went to but new scrubs yesterday. I highly doubt my old xsmall tops with be of any use post-op. I haven't started showering with hibiclenz. I guess tonight I will. The only thing between me and new boobs are (2) 16 hour shifts ...I work weekends only. Gonna drink a ton of water while at work. I feel like I'm forgetting something...any tips for the 1-2 days before? I'm off to go run 5 miles and get in a shoulder workout. I have killed my upper body this week trying to prepare for my 2,3,4 weeks I'll be MIA at gym. :'(

I had my BA at an outpatient Surgery center on...

I had my BA at an outpatient Surgery center on Monday. Everything went well when I came to after surgery i was in a lot of pain and I had to ride in the car with my sister in the car for about an hour. My first shower was yesterday, which was miserable, even though sister helped. I am not a back sleeper, so needless to say, my back is hurting just about as bad as the boobs. I think they look ok, a lot of swelling still, and a little too much side boob, but I know they will be changing quite a bit in the next 8 weeks. I am so loopy from these percocets with an awful headache(I think bc I haven't had caffeine). I wish I had gotten Valium instead of flexeril. I will continue to post pics weekly.

Ok, so today, day 4, has been a million times...

Ok, so today, day 4, has been a million times better than yesterday. It's amazing, just 24 hours, and now I can pull up my pants, lift my arms, drive, and shower. My PS ended up going with 440 instead of 470, and I am so glad! They almost look obnoxious in a tank top. I can't imagine trying to run with these things. They do look nice. Just so heavy. Does anyone else have that heavy breathing feeling...will I always feel like something heavy is on my chest, or does that go away? Might be a ridiculous question, sorry. I am not taking my pain pills as often, those percocets make me itch like crazy. I am also going back to work on sat morning, day 6 :/. I do wound care, and do a lot of lifting, pulling, etc, so I'll have an aid at my side. Also, tmi: I have been taking MOM, colace, eating prunes...I can't go! Geez, so bloated...I hope this is resolved by tomorrow!

I haven't updated in forever it feels, sorry :(. ...

I haven't updated in forever it feels, sorry :(. I went to my 2 week post op and got the remainder of sutures. I have been massaging regularly. On day 6 I did a 14 hour wound care shift. Lots of turning pulling, had a little help but I felt fine (without pain meds) the following day I did another 14 hour shift and everything was fine---then suddenly, about 8 pm, I got a burning excruciating pain in my right breast and it appeared much more swollen and felt much harder than the left. I called the on call, but the following day was my first post op. my ps said it was prob an extreme muscle spasm and couldn't believe I had gotten through a 30 hour work weekend without meds. All of my nurses (also supervise) thought I was nuts for being at work. I guess working out like a nut helps recovery. I got into the gym on day 9:). So happy, just no running or upper body quite yet. My ps highly exceeded my expectations and for anyone who lives in Louisiana or near, Cynthia mizgala is phenomenal!!!! I love my breasts, feel beautiful when I look in the mirror, have gotten many compliments on how proportional I look now. Couldn't be happier with results and its only day 14:).
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

A very well renowned female plastic surgeon. Heard about Dr. Mizgala on local news.

i'm so glad i came across your post. I was looking for a good plastic surgeon in new orleans with real reviews. =D You look great!
Your body rocks girl! And your results are fantastic! I have been recommended gummy bears by my surgeon because I don't have a lot of tissue to begin with. Did your skin stretch out well to accomodate the implants? I'm 5'7" and 130, a 34 A to begin with. I'm trying to decide on profile and size. What profile did you get? I see you got 440cc with your gummy bears, I don't think I can pull off that big. I'm thinking one size down from that. So are you happy with the Gummy Bear Implant? Thanks so much and again - you look SO GOOD! :)
How do u feeling about doing upper body work out and running? Or puting pure or laying on your tummy? I have a lot of question! Lol
I'm glad your recovery is going well! I'm 5'9" and 145lbs. On Friday I'm have a BA revision and nipple revision. Right now I have High Profile Saline 270-290cc (not sure of the exact cc's) and am going with Moderate Profile Silicone somewhere between 420cc-500cc. Do you have high, moderate, or low profile implants? Are they silicone or saline? How's the scar healing around the areolas?
I have moderate profile round 440cc silicone 'gummy bears' ...scars healing beautifully. I haven't even used any scar cream and very faded 1 month post op. posting pics soon!!! Good luck. Also, with 440cc, I went from 34a to 32dd...but they don't seem too big. Happy with size, but I wouldn't mind the 470cc either ;)
We had the same boobyday! You look great. Glad to hear you are doing well.
I can't believe your only on day 14!! You look amazing and I hope I can be back in the gym at day 9 :):):)
What did you do in the gym at day 9?
All I am doing right now is walking on the treadmill. I did walk on an incline, but it was much less than I am used to. I can lift weights (he didn't say how heavy), but I didn't. I'm still sore & swollen & didn't want to aggravate the problem. The right one is definitely more swollen. It's interesting because the left one was the one that was do bruised & swollen. I'm just not going to stress out about it.
Yea just let your body decide when you can get more into it :) that's awesome you can walk and do other stuff tho :) so you rnt totally out of the routine!
Looking good! The pain & swelling does freak you out. I had my 2 week post op yesterday & everything was great. I went to the gym last night and when I got home my right breast was more swollen & there was asymmetry. I started to freak out until my husband reminded me that they are 2 separate surgeries .I told him that before surgery. I guess he really was listening! Happy healing!!!
I'm an RN too, going back to work on day 6 post-op. I've been really nervous about being able to handle 2 consecutive 8 hr shifts. Hearing you made it through 2 14 hr ones makes me feel much better! What kind of meds were you taking besides the Percs? I'm also being put on Celebrex and Robaxin. Perc makes me pukey so I hope the other meds work well!
I like your results!
Thank you!!
I have almost your same stats. At first, I felt really awkward running, like I had to plaster them down like crazy. Now, I still support them with a good sports bra, but they don't feel so foreign anymore. I got 425s and love them. They're perfect to proportion me out and I can play them up or down. I had to remind myself I didn't want 'in your face' boobs, and I got what I wanted. No more boob greed. I'll admit there were times at first when I thought mine were way too big, but they settle down and drop - becoming prettier every day. (I've noticed lots of changes recently - should probably update my photos because they look even better now.) As for your bloat, do this -- take a large pitcher of water and add the following: 2 sliced lemons, 1 sliced english cucumber (you don't want all those seeds from a regular one), 1 stick sliced up celery, 1 sliced orange and 10-12 fresh mint leaves. Of course wash it all before you cut it up. Put all that in the water and let it sit overnight, or for at least 6 hours. Then drink up!! After I pour my first 2 glasses, I re-fill the pitcher to make a little more out of it. You don't want to do this all the time because lemon isn't great on your tooth enamel, but it works wonders with bloat.....but get ready to tinkle a lot! Prune juice helped me too. Between the 2 of them, I was never constipated after my surgery. Hope that helps. Best of luck to you!
Don't worry the heaviness goes away! It took about a week and a half for them to not feel so foreign. I'm 3 weeks post op now and they feel like they are apart of me although they are still pretty high.
Yay that today has been better for you too :) I also have not had a BM :( starting to feel the bloat and have been taking colace twice a day. Guess ill have to do something about that tomorrow ugh. You look great btw!
drink some coffee!
I haven't had the dreaded bloat yet. I drank Smooth Move tea on day 2 & have been taking Colace everyday. I am drinking a cup of the tea right now. It worked for me. I wouldn't drink it everyday, but you might want to give it a try. I had to return to the pain meds/muscle relaxers today. I tried with just the Motrin and I was pretty uncomfortable, but I am only taking 1 now instead of 2. I know what you mean about the heavy feeling. They are still foreign and firm, but I know it will go away. Hope things get better for you. Take it easy when you go back to work . Don't overdo it.
Welcome to the other side. Before you know it you will be back to your regular routine. Just make sure you get proper rest. You are barely a week out so they will change when the swelling goes down and they start to drop and fluff. You look amazing. Keep us posted. I am almost 7 weeks post op and feeling great. Congrats again.
Hey girlie!! Hang in there!!! Try icy hot on your back!! It might help :/ or a therma patch thing? I hope you feel better soon! My doctor says that day 3/4 tend to be the worse so if not today then tomorrow you will hopefully feel a lot better!!
Hoping your feeling better :-) It will get better over time . I'm on Day 9 and I'm feeling like 95% of my old self hang in there !!
I hope you are feeling better. I think we are hitting that stage when we say "why the hell did I do this?" Everyone says it gets better. I am not having to much pain anymore. My plan is to only use Motrin during the day and if I need something stronger at night, I can take the Rx pain med. I have to drive today, so I can't take a muscle relaxer until I get home. I can feel them spasming. It doesn't hurt, but it feels weird. I have to go to the PS to get him to look at some bruising I have on my left breast. Right now they look enormous! I hope a lot of this is just swelling. I am glad I didn't decide to go any bigger even though everyone said I would wish I did. Your pics look great. When everything D & F, it's going to be awesome.
I think you look gorgeous! You have an amazing body, with boobs or without. Hope you feel better soon!
Congrats. Girls will look and feel more normal in a couple weeks then comes the patience of dropping and fluffing. Good luck!