Worst Experience of My Life -Mercer Island, WA

I had mild acne scarring on my cheeks and sun...

I had mild acne scarring on my cheeks and sun damage. I saw a few doctors and liked Dr. Allison Hughes in Mercer island the best. Her skin was perfect and she seemed so nice and caring. She did the active fx/deep fx laser on my face. I walked out of the office with my face looking like hamburger. I wasn't prepared for the awful recovery that was to come. I followed all her directions very carefully. After a few days I noticed that there were a few areas that didnt seem to be healing well. She assured me there was no problem and that everything was healing normally. I asked her if I should consult a plastic surgeon but she assured me again that there would be no scarring. The healing took months instead of a couple of weeks. I started taking anti-anxiety medication because I was so upset all the time. After all of this my face has some pretty bad scars. There is a very noticeable white line on my jaw and several areas where there is no pigment left.

I asked to receive my money back and dr Hughes sent me to her I durance company and they denied my claim. I feel completely betrayed. I have a daily reminder of this every time I look in the mirror. I wish I would have known about other less invasive treatments like IPL for the dark spots and filler for the acne scars that were a little depressed into the skin. I think my request for my money back is very reasonable and am shocked that she is so heartless. I choose her as a doctor partly because of nice she was. What a mistake.

Susanita. I'm so sorry. I can understand why you feel betrayed. Thanks for sharing this.

Thank you for sharing your honest review with us.  I am so sorry you have had to go through this experience with all of these issues.  I hope you are able to fine some correction and peace in this process.

Seattle Dermatologist