Finally Doing Something for Me! - Memphis, TN

I am a 31 year old mother of three(11,8,6) who is...

I am a 31 year old mother of three(11,8,6) who is tired of my stomach sitting in my lap. I have tried different diets and different gym memberships and no matter what the pooch is still there. So this year for my birthday I am sending it packing !!! After a yr of research I will be having my TT with lipo on my flanks in the morning at 9. I am sooooo excited and nervous.

This site has given me so much comfort in making my decision. Thank you all and feel free to offer words of advice :-).. I will post before and after photos after it's done.

It's day 2 post op and I'm doing really...

It's day 2 post op and I'm doing really well. I only have to take one pain pill every 6 hours. I've been walking around the house and can get in the bed alone. The only problem is getting out the bed. My best friend removed my tape and cleaned my stitches and belly button today. I'm pleased with the results even though it's still swollen.

It has been one week since my surgery and I feel...

It has been one week since my surgery and I feel great. No more pain pills and I get my drain and stitches removed tomorrow. Yay me !!! The drain was more of an inconvience than a pain. It's hard to find something to wear that hides it. I was kinda upset about my "new" belly button as well I liked the way the old one looked, but hey the fat's gone so I can deal with the new belly button.

Last Friday made 5 weeks since my surgery and I...

Last Friday made 5 weeks since my surgery and I was feeling kinda sad because I didn't think I was as small as I should be. My doctor had informed me that swelling was normal and due to the lipo I would no begin to see my actual results for at least 3-4 months. I noticed that my stomach was doing a weird waving thing when I would lotion my stitches. I googled seroma and it took me at least 2 days before I could finally get an understanding of what to look for(the waving pattern or waterbed affect when touched). I called my dr's office that Friday morning at 9:30 and was seen by 12pm. He confirmed it was a seroma and drained it. When he was done my stomach was much smaller ! I just wanted to post this to say watch your bodies and if you think something is wrong ask about it. The seroma was brought on because I celebrated a little too hard for my birthday the week before. I am now taking it slow again like I should have in the 1st place.

Memphis Plastic Surgeon

Dr.E and his staff really care about you as a person. Before the surgery they made sure I understood everything and was comfortable with what was going to happen. After the procedure I was given Dr. E's and his Head nurse's home phone numbers incase I had any questions. They answered the calls and responed in a timely manner if they weren't home.

So I am dying to know how you appointment went yesterday? Hopefully all went well and you got the answers you were looking for!
Hey lady it was productive. We talked about the flanks and I can tell they are shrinking, but not fast enough for me. He told me give it 3 more months and if they are still puffy he will lipo. *sigh* It's not horrible, but I know it can be better.
Hey sorry I haven't been on in a while and I just read your post on my page. I feel the same way about my flanks!! I am not very happy with them and I let him know last time I saw him. He told me I had to wait until I was 6 months post op before he would do anything but that if I still wasn't happy he would do more lipo... I would ask him if you aren't happy! Not super happy with my boobs either, I am getting use to them but I hate that they don't "stand up" like I wanted them to:) It was good to hear from you and let me know how your appt. goes.
Thanks and No Lipo on the thighs just the flanks . I'm so excited for you. Let me know if you need anything
Did he lipo your thighs as well? they look smaller in the after picutres??
@Msmomof2- I amp very happy with the outcome and so happy with Dr.Efrid and Sandra I think of them as 1!!!. I will post pictures tomorrow after my appointment I have another Seroma so it's kinda lopsided now. I'll post before and after the seroma.
You have no idea how helpfull you have been!! Thank you so much. I went and talked to them today with a couple of questions and concerns and of course they make me feel so much better about my decisions. Can't wait to see you pictures. Did they say why/ how you got the seroma?
oh, wow we went on the same day !! I wish I had know maybe would could have had coffee or something. I think it's because I've been moving too fast. I'm a very active person so sitting still to me is like a death sentence and it was my birthday and I celebrated all week long (only 4 weeks post op). Mrs.Sandra told me to sit down and be still and I am now. I forgot to tell you one of my best friends had her breast done there and that was how I found him. He did a great job on hers and some of his staff also has had him do thier work.
New pics up now !!
New pics up now !!
Thank you so much for the new pic. It look like your swelling is going down nicely! Yes we totally could have done coffee if I had looked on here before my appt. Either way I am getting really exicted and can't wait until Friday!!! YAY
OH I also meant to ask, so you are happy with the outcome and with Dr. Efird? Thank you so much for any help, pictures, and advice!!!
Honestly clothes off would help the most. Feel free to cover your lady parts, I just want to see your tummy, incision and flanks, did you have your breasts done too?
@Msmomof2- Yes I had lipo of the flanks. and do you want pictures of clothes on or off ? I'm so excited for your and so happy I chose him he's great and Sandra is the best also !!
@ Fraz- I'm sorry I'm so late responding , but yes lipo of the flanks
Glad to here you are feeling better. I am using Dr. Efird for my tummy tck, lipo, and breast aug. next friday. Did her do lipo on your flanks? Also if you have any updated pictures I would love to see them, I am getting more nervous as the day gets closer!!!
Hey glad to hear you are doing good! Your tummy looks nice and flat but did you say you also had lipo of the flanks (luv handles) ?
Thank u !
You are looking good already.
I'm okay post surgery not much pain, just frustration at not being able to do certain things for myself. That is the hardest part. I am very glad I did it even with the swelling it's much smaller that it was. Good luck !
I am considering getting a tummy tuck in Memphis. I have used the web address you gave and sent an email inquiring about the procedure. How are you doing post surgery, and the big question...are you glad you did it? I have had 3 sections and can't get the stomach I want not that I am the exact size I want to be. Help!
My surgery was done by Dr. Walter Efird. My best friend had her breast implants done by him and she loved him. I felt so at ease with him and trusted him. the website is www.drefird.com . If you need anything else please let me know

That's an amazing birthday gift. :-) How did the surgery go? Looking forward to seeing the before/after pics.

I would love to know what group of Doctors you are using. I live in the Memphis area and have been looking on this site for mommy makeover stories in the Memphis area, but can only find 1 doctor mentioned.

We'll be thinking of you! I'm looking forward to reading more about your tummy tuck journey.