Tummy Tuck Fiasco; No Male Should Ever Have Tummy Tuck - Memphis, TN

I was a Navy contractor. After several years of...

I was a Navy contractor. After several years of taking medications that redistributed body fat, I had developed breast, a buffalo hump(fat deposit in upper back) and a relatively big stomach. When I walked, my breast would shake and stomach would jiggle. In military environments, your appearance represents your competence, professionalism and general welfare. I would hold in my stomach for full conversations. I also wore spanks. It caused me to have low-self esteem.

On Sept 23, 2013, I had gynecomastia, abdomnioplasty and buffalo hump removal. I wanted stomach, but surgeon refused to do it because it left too much skin hanging. He would only perform tummy tuck. I believed him. If I want to go to beach and take shirt off, why would I want anyone to see hanging skin. I would have shopped around for another surgeon., but I don't have that luxury. I can't take time from work to shop for surgeons and two, the bigger the deal I made over this,, the higher the chance it would make it back to employers.

With the exception of malformed nipple, I am pleased with the results of breast and buffalo hump reduction. But the tummy tuck has been a fiasco. Not necessarily because I took 3 weeks time off with a vague description, my contract was not renewed at end of September. The surgeon dismissed all of my complaints as normal. Yet I went for office visit one day while he was on leave, and the other surgeon found a problem. It is still uncomfortable to lie on my side. I still don't have of job as of 6/3/2014.

I don't believe in lawsuits, but because I was having tummy-tuck related issues until January of 2014, I think I have grounds for one. If you've had a bad experience or you are a cosmetic surgeon, perhaps you can provide me some advice. In closing, NO MAN SHOULD EVERY GET A TUMMY TUCK. Picking up packages, Fixing the roof, picking up (lifting) the kids at Christmas, other things that a man does that are strenuous.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Video

This is the diary of images and video clips from tummy tuck from a dismissive surgeon. Someone my give opinion on whether there was neglect

I wish you well have you contacted the medical board and file agains his license? Find a medical malpractice lawyer. Start there. Thanks for sharing your story!
Thank you, AlmontesDiva. I have spoken with an attorney. I don't think he is going to take the case. He hasn't gotten back with me in 3 weeks and is not returning phone calls. He says these things would probably correct themselves. He told me to get a second opinion. I still can't sleep in most positions. I never thought about filing against his license. Thank you for that. And thank you for your response.
Your welcome. I am so sorry. I hope you are doing better. Try several attys. not just the one. Have you looked at any revisions yet?
See my comment below

Seems always in a hurry and may dismisses problems as things that will improve over time. I don't think it wise to provide name yet.