Tummy Tuck Fiasco; No Male Should Ever Have Tummy Tuck - Memphis, TN

I was a Navy contractor. After several years of...

I was a Navy contractor. After several years of taking medications that redistributed body fat, I had developed breast, a buffalo hump(fat deposit in upper back) and a relatively big stomach. When I walked, my breast would shake and stomach would jiggle. In military environments, your appearance represents your competence, professionalism and general welfare. I would hold in my stomach for full conversations. I also wore spanks. It caused me to have low-self esteem.

On Sept 23, 2013, I had gynecomastia, abdomnioplasty and buffalo hump removal. I wanted stomach, but surgeon refused to do it because it left too much skin hanging. He would only perform tummy tuck. I believed him. If I want to go to beach and take shirt off, why would I want anyone to see hanging skin. I would have shopped around for another surgeon., but I don't have that luxury. I can't take time from work to shop for surgeons and two, the bigger the deal I made over this,, the higher the chance it would make it back to employers.

With the exception of malformed nipple, I am pleased with the results of breast and buffalo hump reduction. But the tummy tuck has been a fiasco. Not necessarily because I took 3 weeks time off with a vague description, my contract was not renewed at end of September. The surgeon dismissed all of my complaints as normal. Yet I went for office visit one day while he was on leave, and the other surgeon found a problem. It is still uncomfortable to lie on my side. I still don't have of job as of 6/3/2014.

I don't believe in lawsuits, but because I was having tummy-tuck related issues until January of 2014, I think I have grounds for one. If you've had a bad experience or you are a cosmetic surgeon, perhaps you can provide me some advice. In closing, NO MAN SHOULD EVERY GET A TUMMY TUCK. Picking up packages, Fixing the roof, picking up (lifting) the kids at Christmas, other things that a man does that are strenuous.

Video

This is the diary of images and video clips from tummy tuck from a dismissive surgeon. Someone my give opinion on whether there was neglect
See my comment below

Seems always in a hurry and may dismisses problems as things that will improve over time. I don't think it wise to provide name yet.

I wish you well have you contacted the medical board and file agains his license? Find a medical malpractice lawyer. Start there. Thanks for sharing your story!
Thank you, AlmontesDiva. I have spoken with an attorney. I don't think he is going to take the case. He hasn't gotten back with me in 3 weeks and is not returning phone calls. He says these things would probably correct themselves. He told me to get a second opinion. I still can't sleep in most positions. I never thought about filing against his license. Thank you for that. And thank you for your response.
Your welcome. I am so sorry. I hope you are doing better. Try several attys. not just the one. Have you looked at any revisions yet?
It's unfortunate you are having to go through all this. I hope you are compensated for all you have been through.
I have no way of knowing how to go about this. The responses I have received so far are blaming me for not shopping doctors with no mention of the accountability of the surgeon.
You are not at fault for placing your trust in someone who is supposedly a professional/expert at the procedure you are electing to have. Truth is, if it would of happened to them (those commenting negatively) they would understand. Don't sweat it, the main focus here should be you being able to recover from such a bad experience
Wow, thank you for sharing all of the details of this journey.  You have had quite the journey the past few months.

Please keep us up to date on everything.
Yes, It has been pretty rough. I wish I had known to visit places like this site. Thanks for commenting
See video