350 mod+mentor/Loving the New Me!!! - Memphis, TN

So I am coming up on my 30th birthday and have...

So I am coming up on my 30th birthday and have been considering for a while improving my breast. My date has been set and the countdown has begun, lol. I am 5'7and 140lbs currently wearing a 36B but after surgery I am really hoping to be a small D. Thus far I have decided on a 350 moderate gel implant under the muscle. I have become increasingly nervous about size as I really desire a full but natural look

Once again I remain increasingly nervous and...

Once again I remain increasingly nervous and excited for my upcoming day. I have decided to go ahead and order my post op bra for my big day and simply decided to go with the Asics zip lock sports bra because I am usually very sensitive with certain materials and want to make sure this will be here in time to fit my needs. My incisions will be under the crease of the breast and this bra seems to provide significant coverage and support in a material I usually find confortable. I read many reviews on this bra and had found that other women had also found this to be a great bra after their surgery:) Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wow!! I have been reading some great posts from...

Wow!! I have been reading some great posts from everyone but it is making me second guess the size I have chosen:( Where as I had stated I wanted a natural look, I know it is important to me to look good in my clothes. So many of the photos that I have found amazing and similar in statue have implants that are larger than the ones I have chosen. I am now thinking of 375cc or even 400cc, but I am scared it will be to much. My ps is great but I felt he encouraged implants on the modest side and even one of his staff members alerted me that he could be somewhat modest when it came to size. Originaly he had suggested 300cc but absolutely not for the money I am paying; I am looking for a real difference! I was so sure a few days ago but now I am so confused!! Of course I think I made the right decision with my ps bc a previous consult with another had me feeling I was being pressured to go too big, I am looking for a happy median. The ps I have chosen was based off of his amazing work that I had seen but I think I want his amazing work to be a little larger, LOL. I had called the office back over a week age to alert them that the 300-325cc that they had planned on bringing into surgery would definitely not be enough and now I am wondering about the 350cc. I am pretty sure it will be the gel implant moderate plus but the size I am so confused about. The count down has now become torture, I guess I need to pray on it and hope that I make the right decision:)

21 days until my BIG DAY!! This surgery has...

21 days until my BIG DAY!! This surgery has consumed all of my thoughts. Was anyone else this way?? I have so much to get accomplished ranging from working, school work for myself and my son, and just taking care of home. My husband is absolutely wonderful and supports whatever I want to do that he thinks will make me happy, but of course he doesn't really want to discuss the state of my BOOBS every day, LOL. I am torn between size and continue to read so many reviews, I still have a few weeks to confirm my decision on that. I am just so ready to get this over with and get on with my life; I truly underestimated how stressfull this would be. I have been reading other blogs and I guess the best thing to do is to just keep busy. My son will be celebrating his 12th birthday the weekend before my surgery so I guess I can consume my thoughts with that, lol. He has no I idea I am having surgery and I seriously doubt that I am going to tell him because he would just be too concerned and I don't want to upset him. I know this is weird but I somehow feel guilty for having this surgery and as much as I hate to admit it I have had the thought that maybe I should not do this so close to his birthday. God forbid anything happens to me and he has to be reminded every year around his birthday. I know I should not think this way but I dont want to be selfish because I love my family so!!! However, I remain appreciative to the wonderful feedback and positive support on this site:)

Feeling really good about things today. Talking...

Feeling really good about things today. Talking to so many great women about their experiences has really given me the boost and peace that I need. I am sure I will have some more nerve wrecking days to come but tody I have just been excited to watch other women's dreams come true. As far as my decision goes about size I think I am just going to leave it up to the judgement of PS once I show him my wish photos. I trust his work and I guess he wasn't voted plastic surgeon of 2012 for this area for nothing, Lol.
Good Luck to everyone with upcoming and recent surgeries:) Happy Healing to You All. Keep the posts and photos coming!

Time is flying by and before I know it it will be...

Time is flying by and before I know it it will be May 21st, SO EXCITED:) I have been composing photos of my "WISH Boobs" to ensure that my PS is well aware of what I want. I have so many things to do in the upcoming couple of weeks that I barely know how I will get them all done. My house needs a good cleaning all the way down to the base boards and I am almost thinking I may need hire someone;) I somehow have realized that my work schedule is overwhelming for the next couple of weeks, and there is one stretch I have noticed myself on for seven days straight, 12hr shifts that is. I also have agreed to host a Game Night Sleep Over, courtesy of my lovely son of course LOL, the weekend before my surgery. What was I thinking??? Looking forward to surgery, if not just for the three weeks I have taken off, lol. Increasing my cardio this week as well, I am still shy 3lbs of my goal weight for surgery, trying to get to 135lbs by BA Day. I am also composing a list of questions for my PS in regards to the things I will definitely need to have on hand after my surgery. If any of you ladies have any suggestions and comments on the things you found most beneficial post op BA, Please Share.... AS ALWAYS: Good Luck to us ladies with upcoming surgeries:) Happy Healing to you ladies of recent surgeries!!!

Today I had my annual check up with my OBGYN and...

Today I had my annual check up with my OBGYN and decided to inform her that I was having my BA in less than two weeks. Needless to say she was not happy and even expressed it openly. I was a little upset but I know it is just her. I actually have been going to her for over 10yrs and she has always just been openly honest and a matter of fact indivdual, but I tolerate her because she is good and I feel she is very intuned with a woman's body and always up to date things. However, when her nurse finally decided to interrupt this odd conversation and ask who would be doing it, she toned down drastically after my response. Obviously they know one another because she immdiately referred to him by his first name and said "He does do very nice work." When it was all over, she wished me luck with what appeared to a sincere smile; I wish she would have just done that to begin with, LOL:)

Http://www.justbreastimplants...

This is a great site that one of the other ladies shared to prepare us ladies for upcoming BA surgery. Check it out because it is really helpful:)

Tomorrow is the Big Day!!!

Tomorrow morning is my big day and I am simply a bundle of nerves! I am first on the table in the morning though, lol. My arrival time is 6am, so excited and hoping I have made the right decision and will be in love with my results. I need all the positive thoughts, wishes, and Prayers I can get:)

350 mod+mentor, Loving the New Me

I arrived at my designated surgery center at 6am this morning and I must say ladies that today was simply one of the most exciting days of my life:) I couldn't believe it was actually happening; I was checked in promply at approximately 6:15am and called to the back by 7am to begin my pre op assessment. By 8am I was being wheeled off to the OR with a huge smile on my face. I awoke at around 9am and my surgery had been completed. I am happy to say that I left the final decision of size up to my wonderful PS and, Boy Let Me Tell You, I was not dissappointed because he got it just right for me!! All of the staff were simply amazing and some of the most compassionate caregivers I have ever had the opportunity of encountering. The only issue that I did encounter on this beautiful day was that my heart rate was very high post surgery, even to simply talk it would climb in excess of 120, even though I felt wonderful. I was adminitered extra IV fluids and instructed to continue fluid intake upon arriving home, the increase in my heart rate was attributed to dehydration. I arrived home by 11am and have been since cared for by my Loving Hubby:) First day post op has simply been wonderful; I have only taken 2 hydrocodones since arriving home!
So all you ladies with upcoming surgeries, PLEASE drink plenty of fluids in the days leading up to your surgery. I definitely would like to send a personal THANK YOU to all the ladies who gave me positive thoughts, best wishes, and most all prayers on this SPECIAL DAY:)

1st Day Post Op Pics

1st Day Post Op Pics

kjh

Day 2 pics

I woke up this morning feeling great really but I must say I am quite sore! I have tried to be proactive with main management but pain seems to be really minimal for me, however, I did take two of my hydrocodones before lying down last night so I think that helped with any discomfort. I still have to be mindful of certain movements and sleeping on my back proved to be a real challenge last night, LOL. All in all today has started off rather well but I plan on taking it easy today; I have experienced no nausea and even had a catfish dinner before lying down last night, I was starving, lmao!!
My PS's office just called and I have a follow up on Wed. and he doesn't want me in a bra yet because he feels it may push the implant up too far. I asked about my incisions and the stinging sensation that I sometimes feel there is normal just as any cut would feel.
Best Wishes to all my ladies recovering and with upcoming surgeries!!!

Day 2 pics

Best Wishes to all my ladies recovering and with upcoming surgeries!!!

Day 3 and feeling GREAT!

Hi ladies, it is day 3 and I am feeling GREAT! Sleeping hasn't been comfortable but I have learn to simply alternate my hips to alleviate back discomfort. I started off my day rather and have taken 1 hydrocodone today to ward off any back discomfort. I have given myself a shower today and BOY did that feel wonderful! Thanks to some chocolate exlax, I have had 2 bowel movements, YAY!! TMI, LOL

Day4/Still feeling GOOD!

I must admit my journey thus far has been most pleasant. I have pretty much weaned myself to pain med before bed only to assist with sleeping discomfort. Chocolate exlax has become my best friend;) And I am using Mederma Stretch Mark Cream on my new breast to aide the skin in this process, this cream goes on smooth and feels really nice but I am always sure to bypass the incision area that is still sealed with glue. Happy Healing TO ALL!!:)

One Week Post Op/Feeling Better Than Ever!!!:)

I am one week post post op and feeling better than ever! I had my first follow up with my PS, rather his nurse since he was in surgery, but everything is absolutely perfect!! I had been a little concerned about my icisions because I feel a slight ridge upon touching them and wondered was this normal. My PS's nurse assured me they are healing nicely and the ridge is made to allow the skin to flatten as it heals. Oddly enough my breast really havn't changed much, they seem to be perfect right off of the operating table, which is something that first attracted to this PS's work. His nurse today took the time to show me massaging techniques to keep the implants soft or as my PS would say "soft as kittens", LOL. Of course, I am still a little sore but the technique is more than bearable. She instructed me to began wearing bra, no underwire, something of a sports bra is appropriate. So today I am sitting hear chatting with you all with my Asics zip lock sports bra on as I type and this bra simply amazing and so comfortable. Oh yeah! Its a 36D and fits like a glove!!:) Will be posting new pics soon.
As always best wishes to all my ladies with upcoming surgeries and those recovering; this is such an amazing journey to share with others!!!;)
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

I have just completed my surgery with this PS and all I can say is he is simply AMAZING! He is awesome in what he does and takes great pride in his work. He is one of those physicians that does not take up an astronomical amount of time just to prove he is a great plastic surgeon. He is extremely easy to talk to but has no problems with expressing his personal opinion, I must say his work does all the talking for him though:) I would have no problem recommending him to anyone!!

I have a consult with Dr. Goshorn next week & am super excited! I have has a consult with another PS in the same group, but wanted to be sure I pick the right PS! I wish you'r Before/after photos were still on here. :'( I can't find very many post op pics for him online.
             they are beautiful! look very natural!
I am so glad to read that you think yours look great right off the table. I think the same thing about mine and it actually worried me bc I'm thinking if they drop where will they go? Im glad to see this might not be a bad thing and could mean my PS just did a super job :) happy healing!
Best Wishes to you, your results look very natural. Much like mine, I don't think yours will change very much. I think it has a lot to do with the size that we have chosen and because we have chosen a smaller implant it is not necessary for the implant once properly placed to really require much adjusting before settling into its rightful place, therefor our skin and muscle seems to accomodate the implant almost immediately. I hope you are pleased with your results; happy healing to you as well:)
Congratulation on your new ladies!!
Thank you, feeling great about them. One of the best decisions I made for myself;)
WoW...great results! Your boobs look natural as ever. You picked the perfect size/type. Congrats. :-)
Thank you so much! I trusted my PS and I think he got it right for me;)
Im glad all is going well. Cant wait for more pics :)!
Me too! It is like teasing bragging about them and not letting us drool over them!
Lmao;)
Your breast look very natural. I love the way they look. Hope your recover goes smooth.
Thank you. I have been so blessed. I am loving my new look and couldn't be happier with the choice to have a BA:)
You look so great!!! I hope mine turn out as well!
Thank u so much! Best Wishes for your upcoming surgery, hope u upload your personal profile and pics so we can follow your journey as well. It is such an exciting process;)
You look great, glad that things are going well for you!
Thank you, feeling really good about my decision:)
You look so good! Happy to hear you've had little pain. Mine hasn't been too bad but I'm taking the pain meds every 6 hours still. I think I was starting backing off today and see how I feel. My incisions are also burning. That's pretty unpleasant. I have to wear a bra so it's been a little tricky to find one that doesn't sit on the incisions. Found one from Old Navy that is long enough... Very comfy. I also need to try the chocolate exlax ;) Thanks again for sharing. I'll look forward to your progress.
Thanks! You r looking good as well. There is also an Asics zip lock sports bra that is super comfy that I had ordered from Amazon that doesn't irritate the crease incision while providing amazing support. Happy Healing, keep us posted;)
Oh! I too have experienced the burning incision despite the fact I am not wearing a bra just yet per my PS. Be sure to take it easy bc yesterday was my first day out and they became quite irritated and red, I placed some neosporin cream around my incision area and this morning they felt much better;)
My best friend is an OR recovery nurse and she thinks I might be allergic to the strips :( there are a few small blisters on the left. I'm going to watch them and pray that don't get worse or red.
She could be right but I also know that my skin will do that when I am hot. So I have been just going topless and staying cool, inside of coarse LOL, and my very small signs blisters have subsided
Oh good to know! Thank u. So glad to have this site and you all to listen and reply :) thx.
IKR :)
The results are amazing! Congrats!