Aqualipo Worth the Pain? - Memphis, TN

I had the aqualipo/smartlipo procedure done on my...

I had the aqualipo/smartlipo procedure done on my outer thighs (saddlebags). I exercise regularly, am at my ideal weight but couldn't fight genetics. I am small evrywhere except my fat saddlebags so i decided to have this done. This procedure is marketed as a "no down time back at work the next day little bruising and swelling" kind of procedure. So imthought great! Bring it.

The consult was great and i met with the surgeon and really liked him. The day of the proceudre imtook my 3 valium and a hydrocodone and went in. They marked up my thighs and administered the shots of lidocaine- w on each leg. That hurt oh so very much. But then after that the incisions were made and imdidnt feel a thing and the doctor infused the incisions with lidocaine. He then waited for about 5 minutes to let the lidocaine numb me up nice and good and then he began.

The actual,procedure wasnt too bad. There were only a few times when i could feel a twinge of pain but it left as quickly as it came on. The procedure took about an hour and a half. Afterwards i was helped off the table and was given a compression garment. People please, of you learn nothing else from this post, please learn that the compression garment is the worst part of this whole ordeal. It hurts to get it on sooooo badly and then by the time i got home my incisions had drained to the point that the gauze was soaked through so i immediately had to take off the compression garment when i got home to change the dressings. Blood and water drained out of the incisions, which i had been warned about. So we redressed the incisions and i was shoved back into the compression garment. Oh my gawd. That happened two more times before the drainage finally stopped.

Plan on not sleeping comfortably if you get your legs worked on. The recliner worked well at first, then my back started killing me. I was back in bed after about 4 nights. But i digress... The next day i could barely walk. The swelling and bruising started in on the third day. The bruising got so bad that i looked like i had gotten into a severe car accident. Plus having to slide the compression garment off daily to shower and then back on is a nightmare. I am tired and ended up taking 3 days off work and could easily have taken a week. I am now 8 days post surgery. I am still bruised all to heck and i still am walking funny.

The only improvement is that i can now get the compression garment on and off without wanting to kill myself. I have cut down to only 2 painkillers per day. Sleeping involves lots of pillows, a patient husband and a caring cat. Sitting has become bearable now so maybe i can actually go back to work monday and be of some use. I wish they wouldnt sell this as a no down time back at work the next day little bruising and swelling kind of surgery. It has been the exact opposite of that for me. And i wasnt warned about or prepared for the level of pain and discomfort i am experiencing.

All that said, my saddlebags are GONE, even with the swelling and bruising still present. My legs look normal now and i know that when everything is back to normal they will be very pretty. My surgeon and his staff were wonderful and kind and the RN has taken my phone calls and has been very nice. She gave me a shot of steroid 4 days after surgery to help with the swelling. She got me back into my compression garment with little to no problem! I can update this post as i heal.

I am now 2 weeks post surgery and am feeling so...

I am now 2 weeks post surgery and am feeling so much better. My swelling comes and goes and the bruises look a little better. They r still big bruises but the color is changing. I actually was able to lightly exercise today and walk better and better each day.

i had the old fashion lipo done about 15 years ago.....ii went thru the same swelling but not so much pain but was very lethargic for about 2 months. I was very happy with the results and now wish i was having it again, however, the aqualipo doesn't seem to be any better than the old timey kind. thanks for posting and good luck. think i'll just keep my body as it is. Had a simple facelift 2 1/2 years ago and boy, was i a wreck but now, very happy .... i was one of those patients that had a hard time but my dr. was awesome
I was considering this procedure, but after reading your honest first hand experiences it is a big NO for me. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences to help others.
How about for men? I see its all females writing but no men! I emailed someone at nubody concepts and they say they do it for men also! I'm considering it but I want to know if its a good idea!!
I had aqualipo and I am here to say it was a Hugh mistake, it was the worse experience I've ever gone through and I've had a tummy tuck but nothing compares to the pain swelling, etc that I have had with this . I am now about six months out with no results and still shooting pains through my back and arms! I had natural fill at the top f my breast and a little around the lower corners of my mouth and after the first two weeks it was completely gone maybe looking a little worse! I cried for the first few months daily and I'm not a whimp and work like a horse normally, but I wasn't able to do anything and the compression gear is a nightmare in itself! If my husband hadn't been there to help me I would have never been able to get my compression gear on or off.... The Dr. and staff were very nice but in the long run nice didn't help anything...it should never be advertised as no down time and no pain - there is nothing further from the truth! I was told I was not the norm that no one else but one other woman had this much trouble with no results whatsoever - but when I asked if they would consider a refund - partial refund I was told no - but they were willing to do the procedures over again but there is no way I could ever tolerate that again and be another 6 months in absolute agony again! That would mean 1 year of my life put on hold and full of pain and stress! Just think if I would have gone to the gym for a year what my results could look like and I would be $7100.00 richer!!
I had the same procedure 1 day before my 50 birthday. I took off work for two days because of my birthday which happened to be on a Thursday. I thank GOD I did. The pain in up being bad. I was more upset that they sell it like you can go back to work the same day..maybe true but the next day and days after was Hell for me. The doctor I used and his staff was great. I am 3 months out. I like how I look but thought I would look better out of clothes..as Texas Lily stated about expectations at 50. I still have some tender spots and started wearing my compression garmen about 1 month ago again. I look so much better when I start wearing it. Hopefully that will not be a way of life to stay slimer looking. I am flater on one side than the other..But, I have been told as long as there are shooting pain and tender spots I am still healing. I have more sharp pain when I put the garmen back on. I think in time I will really like myself. I will wait to see if I want the tripolar procedure for about 6 months.
I totally understand, I am happy I did it. It's just this swelling can take you on a emotional roller coaster. I hear smoothshapes really helps post lipo if your experiencing any celluite, lumpiness, and or hardness. Mona Spa off of Poplar performs the procedure. Check it out. I am considering it. Currently, im getting manual lympathic drainage massages & it has really helped w/ my swelling, lumps & hardness. Lisa Miller, is my massagist & she is great; her office is located on Poplar. My doctor & staff were great, as well. I would recommend him to anyone. Happy healing. I haven't asked my husband for his opinion, yet. Im waiting for the swelling to go down a bit more, before asking. However, he always comments on how well I look w/ my clothes on. He hasn't seen me w/ them off since about 7 days post, lol! Happy healing :)
I love Lisa Miller. She did lymphatic drainage massage for me after my arm lift!
I am 20 days post. What doctor performed your lipo procedure in Memphis?
I am now 3 and a half months out. I am still tender, more on one side than the other. My saddlebags are gone but i still have lots of cellulite that i think has gotten worse since the procedure. I also have a strange lumpiness on one side and i notice that one side is smaller than the other but my husband says it's unnoticeable. Smart man. Anyway, i went back to my doc at 3 months and he gently squeezed the sites which was very uncomfortable. He says that i am still healing if i am still that tender to the touch and still have some swelling. So he says that even tho most people are healed by now it isnt completely unheard of for some people to be sore even 6 months out. So, i am still waiting for final results. I will go back in august where he will assess me for a tripolar procedure- non-invasive, no pain-to help with leftover cellulite and lumpiness. So far i must say that i am overall happy with the results. I look so much better in clothes. I will say i do not look as good bare as i thot i would but i guess wanting 20 year old legs at 41 was an unrealistic expectation. I am not posting my doctor's name until i am healed and done seeing him. I havent had any problems with him at all and i really like him and his staff. But one never knows what the future holds and i do not want to burn any bridges with my posts.
Hi, How do you feel about your results now?
i feel good, and at day 6 no pain at all, but im kinda all swelled up still, which is normal.
i will post new pics later on today when i write a new update :)
thanks for sharing your experience, i dont find many Aqualipo posts on here, was happy to see yours, wish u had some pics, but sounds like you went through first week being difficult, then it became bearable, i'm on my 5th day and posted some pics, will see what doctor says on day 7
Thanks so much Texas Lily for you post. I had my procedure done yesterday and can relate to the pain and compression garment. I work out very had and the pain that you experienced is not as bad as you I think; I feel like i just had a hard workout.
Good luck. I didnt start hurting until around day 3 and it was way worse than exercise soreness! Hope you continue with very little pain!
Hi, did you have your smart lipo procedure done at Laser Aesthetics Body & Wellness w/ doctor Brett A. Campfield? Are you still happy w/ your results? I am scheduled to get SL next month.
No I didn't go to that clinic. I am happy with my results still. Just know that I am still tender and I am 9 weeks out (it's not bad, just tender) and know that you have to have a healthy diet or you will get fat in other places. I also noticed some lumpiness that upset me but I started wearing my comp garment again at night and it looks better already. Good luck!