320 Allergan Extra High Profiles- 2 weeks post-op

Hello, and thank you to the community for taking...

Hello, and thank you to the community for taking the time to share your journeys! I have been lurking around for about 2 weeks now gathering all the info I can on everything BA. I scheduled my first consult for April 22 which was the earliest I could get in to the top notch surgeon in my area. The waiting is killing me! I wish I was getting them tomorrow!! I would like to schedule my surgery for May 16 if my doc still has a slot for me.

Here are my stats: I'm 33 years old and a married mother of 2 toddler boys, (20 mos and 4 yrs) both breast fed for about 6 mos each. I am 5'4" and weigh 113 lbs. My ribcage measures 29" and my breasts are currently 31.5". I found out during my research that this makes me a 30B, however I have been wearing a VS 32A Bombshell bra for years with a huge 1" gap between the top of my breast and the bra. I guess I should have known I was wearing the wrong size all this time, but its hard to find high quality super padded bras in odd sizes! Oh, and I have been wearing super duper padded bras since I was 13 years old, so I guess I have ALWAYS known that I would get implants. I do remember looking at my mothers breasts when I was about 16 years old thinking, "I wonder when I'm going to get those". Of course they never came. Before kids My breasts were slightly larger, but I have always felt like I have the chest of an 11 year old girl.
I am thinking that I would like 400cc silicone unders. I don't know what my bwd is but since I am petite I am guessing my doc will suggest high profile. Anyone else out there with my similar build/ measurements? What did you end up with in the end? My waist is 25" and my hip is 32" but my booty is 37" so I would like to look more proportionate but I don't want my new breasts to totally disappear under my clothes. I also don't want my end result to be something I can achieve with my bombshell bras, I want it slightly larger than that.

With my bombshell bra My breasts measure 33.5" or what most people would say looks like a full B under clothes. I love the look of a 32D and that's really what I'm going for, think Katy Perryish. I did the rice testers at home and I love the look of 350ccs so that's what leaves me with wanting 400ccs since I believe you lose a little volume going under the muscle? What do you all think? I am scared that my PS will tell me no and that I am too small for that size. I am more nervous about that than my actual surgery! I want nice, large, perky breasts!

Speaking of surgery, I am a little nervous about getting sick from the anesthesia afterwards. I had extremely complicated pregnancies which resulted in 4 different surgeries, half of which I has severe vomiting after. I am terrified of that happening again! Anyone else out there with severe motion sickness who did really well after surgery? This would def ease my mind a little! I am prepared to really hammer it in to the minds of my surgical team that I have a high risk of post operative nausea & vomiting.

Thanks again for any replies, ladies! I appreciate the support from the community while I wait what feels like foooooooorrrrrrreeeeeevvvvveeeerrrrr!

Also, I am curious as to whether some girls can still fit into their old bathing suit tops? I just got a fab deal on some Brazilian designer bikinis and I'm praying I can still squeeze my breasts into them afterwards!

Thank you!

My Consultation is 1 week away now! I'm so...

My Consultation is 1 week away now! I'm so excited, I'm ready to jump right out of my skin! It's weird because I've literally been waiting to do this for 15 years but once I decided NOW is the time, it's been so hard to wait!

So tomorrow is my consult and I am soon excited...

So tomorrow is my consult and I am soon excited because I have been waiting on this for 5 weeks! I have researched and measured and looked at about a thousand pairs of breasts and I am quite literally at the point where I can get no more information without seeing my doctor and getting his measurements and recommendations. Now I am nervous that he will tell me I am too small built to get the look I am going for. I've made up my mind that I will trust him to give me the implant that my body can handle tho, and also that I will try not to be fixated on CCs:)
I cannot have my surgery until my kids are finished with their swimming lessons which are 3 days a week until May 15. I have a 20 month old who I have to be in the pool with, and of course still be able to lift and carry at that point. In the mean time, I am teaching him to climb on a beanbag in his crib so I can back up to it and get him out having him wrap his arms around my neck so I can lift him out with my back instead of my arms. I am also teaching him to get in and out of his carseat himself using a stool so he gets used to doing this on his own before my surgery. If there are any other moms out there that had little ones to care for after their surgery and have advise, I would appreciate it! My surgery is on a Weds and by Monday I will be on my own my own again with my kids (20 mos and 4 years).

Ok so my consult was today, and WOW the...

Ok so my consult was today, and WOW the limitations were unexpected! I know Im small, and small boned but I was not prepared for my BWD to be 10.3 on my "large" breast and 10.7 on my smaller breast. That's not a typo, my smaller breast actually has a larger width! Having done aaaaalllllllll this research I knew right then that I was going to be limited, but when he told his coordinator, "okay T, lets show her the 260's," I nearly fell in a heap at his feet in sheer panic!
I had told him that I would ideally like to be a 32D in a perfect world when he asked me what I had in mind, and 260 just wasn't going to get me there. So, I very calmly told him that I had made myself some rice sizers and I really like the look of 350. Then he said, "would you like me to give you the largest implant I can for your size?" Phew! YES! Yes, please!!!
Ok, so this is it...Ultra High Profile gel with a max volume of 360, but his preference is the 320CC's. He will use sizers in the OR and try to use the 360's if my body will allow it. The good news is, either size looks good on the outside, but once they're on the inside I think I'll like the 360's more and would regret the 320's.
I specifically told him that I want an implant that my tissues will be able to support over time, because even though I want large breasts, I feel like I should try to do what's best for my body first, mind next. Of course he would put larger ones in if I wanted them, but I don't want ugly bottoming out breasts because I pushed it too far. However, I was not prepared for the ultra high part!! I am a little worried about the upper pole fullness, and hoping it won't be excessive, in that my breasts now rest an inch from my clavicle excessive. Don't get me wrong, I am after a beautiful, full pair of breasts. "Natural looking" is not really in my vocabulary because, well, natural for me is a 30B and Im here because that's not what I want! I did do a search on here for ladies with ultra high profile, and there's not many of us to reach out to for support. So, if you're out there ladies, I'd love to chat, and see your photos, etc. Or even input from girls who were expecting to go mod+ but ended up with HP- and are loving them, would help.
Here's something else that come as a shock: he's not going to correct my asymmetry. He thinks its slight enough that correction would perhaps just make it more noticeable. So really, I should just be a pretty straightforward case:) my pre-op is Monday the 29th and my surgery is May 15th in the afternoon unless he can hopefully move me up. I'm so excited, I wish it was happening tomorrow!! Thanks for reading/sharing!

Last night I accidentally happened upon an article...

Last night I accidentally happened upon an article from 2011 about the safety of silicone implants. What they were reporting, was how the manufactures of silicone implants have lost track of many of their trial patients and that there are still debates about the safety of the implants. The most bothersome part of the article, however, was how the community responded to it and the bias and almost anger against women who to chose to undergo this "unnecessary" cosmetic procedure (except it was almost mutually agreed upon that it was ok in the case of mastectomy). Now, I have not experienced a high level of hostility from people I know regarding my decision, at least outwardly. But I know that I will. I want to be prepared for the cruelty so that I can immediately put these people in their place. Most of the men and women who made comments believe that people who get breast implants are "vain, not smart, ugly on the inside, want to be perfect, don't want to work for good bodies, are not self confident, insecure, jealous of celebrity's, trashy, promiscuous, wanting to impress men," etc., etc. the cruel and untrue list goes on and on. But as I said before, most people think implants are Ok if a woman has had to undergo a mastectomy. My question is, what is the difference? What, just because a woman was born with breasts and had to have them removed because of circumstance, that entitles her a "free pass" to fix her deformities without criticism? Yet a person BORN with deformed or not aesthetic looking breasts is just being vain and insecure, uneducated and taboo? Give me a break, people! Sounds like a double standard to me! Having cancer and treating it with mastectomy is a horrible and unfortunate situation and my heart goes out to those people, this conversation is NOT a debate about that. But at the end of the day, we are all just trying to improve our aesthetics and deformities, whether we got them from birth or circumstance, and that should not be so controversial! Size is not the ONLY issue here for a LOT of women. People need to learn "to each his own" and to not be mean. After all, unless you have seen a woman naked you really don't have any idea why she has made the decision to undergo breast augmentation, and therefore should keep your uninformed mouths shut!
Thanks to the ladies here for providing a safe place to vent about this;)

Ugh, my pre-op went pretty well but really made me...

Ugh, my pre-op went pretty well but really made me a lot more nervous about my final result. Of course he talked about all the risks, etc. which I already knew but was awful hearing them come out of HIS mouth!! The worst part by far though, was that I asked him some pretty detailed questions about the gap between my breasts. He said he wouldn't ordinarily go into great detail with a patient about her chest wall dimensions, deformities, asymmetries, etc. but he said since I seem very educated he thought I could handle having the info.
Ok, so my chest wall protrudes on the left side more than the right by several millimeters. He said you would never be able to see the difference on a larger woman, but since Im so petite I will probably be able to tell that one breast has more projection than the other. Not fixable. That's the bad news, this is the worse news: I have a large gap for a woman of my size. My sternum is wide and my breasts are narrow and Im just going to have an unnaturally large gap which is not fixable. This was one of the things I was the most afraid of:(
I have very mixed emotions about this news, although I suspected it so I am not surprised, just a little disappointed. It was hard to hear that my breasts will not be as aesthetically pleasing as I had hoped. My only consolation is that hopefully the bar will be set low and I will be pleasantly surprised. Yes, ladies, I will have "east-westers" as my husband would say. I am scared that my implants will look like 2 widely spaced tennis balls on my chest. Hopefully the will look ok in a push up bra. I'm sad! But there's nothing I can do about my anatomy.

I am now less than a week away from my surgery and...

I am now less than a week away from my surgery and wow am I getting nervous! I can't really pinpoint what is causing the bulk of the anxiety, maybe it's nerves about what my final result will look like? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around my wide gap and protruding left chest wall and hoping in the end this will not make me look worse than I do now.

Well, tomorrow is the big day! This week has been...

Well, tomorrow is the big day! This week has been a lil crazy so far because my blood work came back that I may have a clotting factor issue, so I had to go see a hematologist. He proceeded to tell me that the lab held onto my blood for about 14 hours before running it, which probably was the reason for the elevation. So, a two hour wait at the cancer center, another 2 hour wait at the same lab, an expensive babysitter, and a $300+ specialist bill later, I am completely normal! So annoying!!!!!
But anyway I am all set for tomorrow! I have been very nervous the past couple of days, particularly today which resulted in some extra trips to the bathroom and caused a nice little hemorrhoid, lovely!!!! I will be soooooo happy to be on the other side of this trying on my clothes and shopping for boob shirts, lol! My time is 11:30, but I have to be at the surgery center at 10:30. I am praying for no complications and a nice result afterwards, wish me luck! X

I'm finally on the other side...

My surgery was yesterday at 11:30 AM. All the nurses and anesthesiologist at the surgery center were AMAZING and made me so comfortable! We were all laughing and teasing each other before they took me back to surgery. My PS did a bunch of measurements on me again while he was marking me up and told me that he was almost certain that he would be using the 320's instead of the 360's. it's probably my own darn fault too, since I've lost about 5 lbs since my consult (I am 109lbs now). Anyway, I told him to chose the implant that will look the nicest and that will be best long term, but he said he understood well my desire to be the largest possible. That did, in fact turn out to be the 320's. I really hope that I am not disappointed in the size since I am one of those girls who was worried about being too small, not being too large:)

Ok so after my surgery, I woke up super groggy and it really seemed like they were pushing me out the door. I swear I was awake for 2 minutes before they were gathering me up and getting me out of bed. My hubs had to literally hold me up to get me in the wheelchair because I could hardly keep my eyes open. I did not get sick after my surgery even though I have a high risk of post op nausea and vomiting (PONV). I was told they used zofran, phenergan, and pepsid before during and after anesthesia. Before I woke up, I was given a Phenergan suppository which is why I was so groggy, I think, and afterward slept for the entire day. Last night my pain was not too bad. It hurts to take in a deep breath and the most pain that I have is around the area of my sternum. I have absolutely no bruising and my incisions look great- no bleeding or anything and they are not sore at all. My PS uses internal dissolving stitches and surgical glue on the incision. I had this also with my 2 c-sections and ended up with a wonderful result as far as my scar goes. I have been keeping up with my Percocet taking one about every 4 hours, even through the night. I am definitely in pain, but nothing unbearable. For those ladies who had easy c-sections like I did, I definitely think breast surgery is a little more painful because it hurts to breathe and you use your pecks a lot more than you use your upper groin area. I was definitely getting around a bit easier after my c-sections than I am now (at least at this point in my recovery). But, like I said before, Im not crippled with pain.

I just got back from my post-op. I was not able to see my doc because he was in surgery, but I saw the nurse. He put me in a nice looking sports bra that has hooks in the front and says that Im looking good. I will go back again tomorrow to see my doctor but last night when he called me on the phone he told me they worked really hard in the OR to get as much symmetry as possible. That made me feel good! He said he just couldn't get the 360's to not look distorted, but the 320's looked great. Of course today they look like frankinboobs but I have lots of confidence that I will be happy with the final result. I am going to post photos that I took last night at home and today at my Dr.'s office. By the way, I weighed 8 lbs more after my surgery than before so unfortunately you ladies out there who have not gone yet will have THAT to look forward to!! Even though I have 8 lbs of extra fluid in my body, Im still dying of thirst and my pee is coming out at a dribble. Sorry if that's TMI;)
Anyway, I will try to keep posting my progress to help anyone who might need it. Much love and thanks!

Day 4 and feeling great

It is the end of day 4 post op for me and I really don't think I could possibly be feeling much better. I stopped taking Percocet on Thursday (the day after my surgery), took 2 Tylenol on Friday and have needed NOTHING for pain yesterday or today! For you ladies who have nursed, my breasts feel tight and engorged but really are not in pain. My PS obviously did a fantastic job, since my healing is going so well! I am not having any pain while moving my arms either, just a little "pulling" sensations and some tightening.
Something weird to note is that I am hearing some "squeaking" coming from my implants when I move my arms up over my head and then down. I read on here that this is fluid/air in the pocket and it will go away eventually as my body absorbs it.

My boobs still are looking "square" at the top and making a little shelf, but I had small nipple complex to crease ratio, so I knew going in that it would take some time for the skin in my lower pole to stretch and accommodate the implant. So far I am happy with my progress after just 4 days!

One week post op, starting to round out!

I am 1 week post op today and the time has just flown by! My life is definitely back to "normal" but I am trying to still do things easier and slower than usual. Chores are a pain because I am type A and cannot STAND a mess, but I am also trying to not hurt myself or throw my implants out of whack while Im picking up my kids toys for the nine-hundredth time, lol! The good news is my legs are getting a good workout from using them to bend down!!

Has anyone else noticed that their boobs look more square at the end of the day from using your pec muscles? My boobs are starting to settle down in the upper pole more and more each day; When I wake up, they are looking more natural, but when I start using my arms, my pecs swell up again making them have more of a shelf like appearance. Just curious if anyone else noticed this and for how long? I am trying to remember to use T-Rex arms while lifting things but I forget ALOT!

My hubs loves my new boobs a lot more than I expected and can't stop staring at them, lol! It's definitely a nice side effect and I appreciate the attention. I was not sure if he would have any reaction to them because he was truly indifferent about me getting them in the first place. After 6 years of marriage it's nice to be noticed again, if you know what I mean!!

I am still feeling great and not needing any pain meds. Like others I find back sleeping to be less than fulfilling, but I keep telling myself that Heather Locklear trained herself to do it to avoid wrinkles on her face and she looks damn good at her age, lol! I am figuring that I am helping my boobs AND my face right now!!!!!

2 weeks post-op, still not 100%

Today I am 2 weeks post op and my result is looking better every day. I love them! I am having a terrible time taking it easy and I'm back to cleaning my house, and lifting my 25 lb toddler. It doesn't always feel great but Im totally on my own and there's not much I can do about it.
The sensations I am having in my breasts is starting to change a little. I do not have any nipple sensation and a larger area underneath and to the sides of them is also numb. Even though I have numbness when I touch them, I feel a sensation that I can only describe as "prickly". Kind of like when your foot falls asleep and the feeling starts to come back and it hurts like pins and needles, just a little less pronounced and only when Im touching them. I am also having some "electric shock" like sensations on the inside of my left breast especially and a general discomfort from moving them during my displacement massages. My incisions are still sore and "burn" sometimes when I move in certain ways, and the area around my sternum hurts sometimes (probably because I am overdoing it).

My left one looks perfect and I hope it doesn't get any smaller as they continue to settle, my right one is still higher and tighter than the left, but I expected that because I am right handed and that one was about a cup size smaller than the other to begin with.
Oh, this is weird: when I take a first drink of something cold or get a cold chill, it touches the nerve endings in my breasts like sugar to a tooth ache! It's very unnerving! Anyone else experience this?

I bought myself a body pillow to try and sleep on my side a little. It's still not that comfortable but I did sleep on both sides last night instead of my back, so I guess that's progress.

Here's another thing that is interesting to note: I am having a super hard time shaving my underarms now. They went from being super flat and easy to shave to being really narrow and much deeper and hard to get a razor into. I mentioned this to my larger breasted girlfriend and she showed my how to hold the side of my underarm with one hand and shave with the other (I guess this is not just me). I did not realize there would be any difference in my underarms after breast surgery!!

I went to VS on Sunday to just try on some bras. I did not get sized but I am about a 32D (or really a 30DD by my measurements), which I checked at:

www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/:

I thought at first I was going to be a 32C, but when I took a bunch of 32Cs into the fitting room they didn't seem to fit well at all, and made my boobs look weird. I didn't buy anything (that was definitely a first, lol!) I will go again in another 2 weeks or so. The webside above has a weird address but I swear it is the most accurate I have found. Too bad VS doesn't carry a wider range of sizes, but I guess Nordstrom and Dillard's does, and they use the scale from the website above.

I hope all you ladies who have already gone are well, and good luck to those who are going soon!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

He has a great reputation in my town and was recommended to me by a friend. Also, he uses the most cutting edge techniques and is the only PS in my area who uses the Keller Funnel.

Was so happy to find your review! Also have bird chest and "east westers"! Lol....doc is planning 320 UHP for me...seeing your pics gives me hope....the funny thing is when you posed the doc question, many were not so hot on the UHP, but they came out wonderful!
I am thinking about getting 310 extra high profile so I am happy I came by your page,I haven't found too many reviews on extra high profiles in the 300 range. Do you like the extra high profile? Please let me know. Also you have the most amazing body ever!! & your boobs turned out perfect :)
I have a chest wall issue too which has my rt side a cup sz smaller. I had implants in 2006 by vitale lewis in melbourne, and i am not happy because she did not even try for symmetry. I am consulting w dr diaz soon. Thanks for your experience!
you will love your new girls more and more in about a month or so. Your nipples will be straight out after they settle. Mine took a long time to settle and for them to be straight out front. I love your new look. I went with the ultra high profile at 550cc and I'm very happy with them now. They look strange for awhile I know know why maybe because they are ultra high? I don't know. but you look great!
I agree. Mine looked funny for awhile too. I am over 7 months now and love them! I posted a couple new pics today. I also had numbness. My nipples and underside were completely numb but have full sensation in both nipples now and boobs feel like they did before surgery just bigger lol. You are looking good!
You look wonderful! Great to hear things are progressing well in recovery after 2 weeks. It will only get better! I'm waiting to have my "shelf" drop too, but have noticed changes already after 2 weeks. :-)
Omg, shaving your armpits after surgery is CRAZY!!! Lol! It does get better - I can totally remember asking on here when that gets easier, and before I knew it, it had! All the weird sensations you're describing (pins and needles, burning, shock-like) are related to the nerves healing. They'll probably last a few weeks then gradually disappear. Have fun with your future shopping - that's totally one of the best parts! :)
What a quirky thing we never thought of! I'm adjusting to armpit shaving as well lol. Hoping our nerves calm down sooner than later:)
Yay, your PS did an amazing job! Glad you had a great experience with your BA. AND I totally agree with your opinion on your "unnecessary cosmetic procedure" update. Couldn't have said it better :)!
You look great! It's nice to see someone with similar body and having similar implant as me! I'm having my ba in 4 days in the uk, my ps recommend Natrelle 295 hp/340 extra hp. I'm 5"6, 128lb, 32a, bwd 11. I've got a 6 years old and breastfed for a year, and small breasts disappeared altogether after. I think I'll got with the 340 extra hp. Thank you for sharing your story.
Congrats on your boobs! They are looking good! I had mines done the day after you and after the 1 week, I also felt "normal" again! Lol Glad ur hubby is enjoying them too. My hubby loves mines too and he was not so thrilled that I was getting them. Lol Good luck!! :)
Congrats you look amazing! Glad you are back to normal, well at least T-Rex arms normal lol. So nice to feel noticed by your hubby too:)
So funny with the T-Rex arms! My family kept calling me T-Rex the first few days after my surgery!! LOL
Sounds like a smooth recovery and you look fantastic! I cannot say I remember the muscle thing you were describing. I'm sure it will pass. It's still very early!!! Xx
omg i loooove ur bikini!!! and ur twins look amazing!
Thanks, everyone for the kindness! I feel so lucky to have found this community full of supportive women!!
Your results look great! I'm glad you're having very little pain. Hope for a fast recovery!
Congrats!! Looking good! =)
Congrats! Your looking great!
So happy to hear everything went well! You look great even though I am still at your stage where they look all weirdly shaped...that goes away they say lol. I hate the feeling of being rushed out the door, I took so long to get out of the bed and to the wheel chair it felt like the were shutting down for the day and were like ok get out now lol. I was soo thirsty too but hopefully you can catch up on fluids now. Heal well lady and can't wait to read your updates!
Glad everything went well and that you're finally on the recovery journey.
I have not yet dared to weigh myself but I am also sucking water down and pee is coming out at a dribble! I also was surprised how much simply adjusting in bed etc uses those muscles! We are on our way:)
Your post op pics are looking good! Sounds like you are positive about recovery. Even tho you said you've gained 8lbs you look fit and toned! Looking forward to keeping up with each other on recovery.
Congrats!!! I'm sure you will love your girls! And I'm so sorry u felt so rushed in the post op. that's very sad. But glad u r doing ok!!!
Glad everything went good! Def keep us posted! :)