Chin Reduction - Melbourne, AU

I had always loved my chin. The square shape, the...

I had always loved my chin. The square shape, the way it projected forward slightly like Jolie and Palermo, but I always felt it was a bit too wide. The fact that I liked it so much prevented me from seeking to reduce the size in case I lost what I liked.
When went to see a plastic surgeon about Rhinoplasty he suggested I think about reducing my chin. I explained my concerns and he said it was easy to keep the shape while reducing it. The fact that he talked about operating on my chin without me asking about it, made me feel confident that he knew what would work well for me.
A year later and my chin doesn't feel half as beautiful when I look at it.
Linacre

I am looking into this surgery and would love to hear more about your experience.
I will blog about my experience on RealSelf...
Did he shave the chin bone horizontally, vertically or both? How many mm did he remove? Did he go through the mouth or under the chin? Appreciate your feedback as I am scheduled for chinreduction surgery on February 6th. Thank you!!
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Do you know what technique your doctor used to reduce your chin?