So even though my nose has never been terrible,...

So even though my nose has never been terrible, its always been quite large from the profile view and I've hated it since I was 15. After 5 years of deliberation, I finally got a nose job last week. I quite liked my front view and wanted that to remain the same, but I wanted a slight curve from the side view - but definitely NOT a ski slope nose.

So I had my surgery at the beginning of last week, and my cast off a week later. As soon as the doctor took my cast off, I was awaiting that moment of happiness I've read about on this site: that moment where you catch a glimpse of your new nose and absolutely love it.
But i didn't have that at all: the first time I saw my new nose I burst into tears. I looked like an absolute monster.
It is now 9 days post-op, and 4 days since I got my cast off and I am barely coping. I know it is still very swollen, and it takes a few weeks, let alone months for the full shape to appear.
But I feel like my nose shouldn't look like this. I asked for a small change, but I look like a completely different person. Every time I look in the mirror I don't see myself at all! I never thought I was exceptionally pretty beforehand, but now I feel uglier than before. I'm not sure if it is just my skewed perception, but I feel like I look like a monster, and certainly not human.
My nose has completely changed from the front view: exactly what I didn't want. It is short and thick, and very pig-like. To make matters worse, my nostrils are clearly uneven. The left one is alright, but the right one seems to have been cut into a different shape. I know that rhinoplasty is an art, and that exact symmetry is never guaranteed. But my nostrils are clearly VERY different. The right one looks almost reptilian, and my nose just doesn't look...right.

From the side, it is extremely scooped, stubby and like a ski-slope. I know this will probably go down with swelling, but I just don't know how to cope with feeling so ugly for the next few months.

I was aware of all the complications and side-effects of this surgery. But after reading so many other real-self stories where people were overall really happy with their results, I can't help but feel really let down by my own surgery. Everyone else looks so normal after their rhinoplasties, and as if their noses suit their faces. But mine... just doesn't.

But I'm not sure if this is just aftershock and a matter of my own personal perception, or whether there clearly is something wrong with my nose.

Time will tell.
Won't tell for now

:( Its such a shame that she has left the forum... I hope she is ok
Hi Cinderella Girl, I just wanted to check in to see how you are doing now?
anyone interested in my revision surgeon in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Dr. Perenak
Could you please PM me your surgeon? I am booked in for a revision next week.
i am so sorry you aren't happy with the results. I didn't have that moment either but i trusted my surgeon and knew that it would get better with time. Right now it is way to early for them to do anything so just try to be patient. best of luck to you doll
So sorry to hear about your experience. I'm also looking to get rhinoplasty and curious as to which surgeon that you saw?
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience, when your doctor described what he was going to do did you feel confident that you were on the same page?
I am very sorry about your disappointment. Have you discussed your concerns with the surgeon?
Hi! Would you be able to PM me your surgeon, as well? It's so rare to see any Melbourne reviews that I just like to know who's out there :) Thanks and good luck to you :)
Thank you so so much for sharing your story. I would love to know who you went with. If you don't mind, could you PM me?

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf. It looks like you're getting some good support from others in the rhinoplasty community!

Really sorry for how you are feeling. You will likely experience many changes and emotions over the next year. If you are having trouble coping early on and have the resources, seek therapy. There is no shame in it and the earlier, the better. It can help you cope with changes (even if you had received what you really wanted, you'd be surprised how it can still negatively affect you). I'm wishing you the best and am here if you ever need to message privately, as I am personally dealing with a botched rhinoplasty. Good luck to you! I sure hope it gets better for you. Get used to hearing that you are still swollen! You definitely are.
clearly my love the swelling from the bridge pulls up the tip. massage gently if your surgeon allows. hold on, its waaay too early. he can revise for free usually with in a year if tweaking is needed. I understand your concerns. im scheduling my revision next week. its taken me 25 yrs to even believe it could be fixed and not further harmed. see my pics
could you pls also PM me the name of your surgeon ... thanks
Who is your surgeon ? Please PM :)