Worth It ????? $4400 AUS - Melbourne, Australia

I had portrait done 18 months ago. at the time,...

I had portrait done 18 months ago. at the time, face was slathered with numbing cream, followed by pethadine inject. then further local injections into face....had full face done. face very swollen and very knocked out and certainly unable to drive following procedure. 3-4 days after swelling subsided, very red then brown with skin peeling, managed vaseline ok and washes but the itching was difficult. Day 5-6, 7 skin was lightly pink and very delicate, was advised to purchase a particular off the shelf moisturiser which was protective but also gave rise to some small pimples. My skin looked smooth & creamy 4 weeks later...and 'great' according to sister. The 'firming' of my jowls has taken to 12 months to be obvious to my touch.....

Now at 18 months, all fine lines (lips particularly) have re-appeared, plus more lines in general, plus all areas of enlarged pores re-appeared. The Dr. wanted to give botox at the time of procedure which I declined, but also I did not get the opportunity to speak to the Dr. till I was on the table....he was telling me, in my doped state, what laser would achieve to which I responded with my expectations, he hesitated & mentioned another procedure (fractal laser ?) perhaps should be what I was to have but his talk drifted off ....the issue I have here is that at initial consultation, Dr. was to be introduced & apart of the explanation....this did not happen. Was it worth the cost ..... NO.....!

I could have had botox, collagen, micro dermabrasion for this cost with longer lasting results

Dr was efficient & skilled; information of procedures available not conveyed; did not provide enough moisturiser or wash for follow-up home care; nursing staff were professional, thoughtful, efficient; payment process VERY EFFICIENT of course.

Hi flora,

Yes a number of community members have mentioned that Portrait does not always work to the full amount they hoped it would and sometimes have to couple it with other procedures. Have/will you have another procedure?

Thanks,

-Britt

I will not be having portrait laser again. In the past two weeks, I have been provided with a new skin care range that I am starting to use this very night..... In the new year I will consult a new clinic, regarding peels, and may consider botox as well as taking advice regarding lip lines.

A new skin care range is good, is it working?

-Britt

I havr been using botox for many years hence the reason im resorting to plssma joule 3. I know its very painful but if you are looking to banish fine lines under your eyes or crepeyness, botox cant fix that