Bad Botox (12 Mths On) - Melbourne, Australia

I had botox 12mths ago and I'm still suffering...

I had botox 12mths ago and I'm still suffering the bad side effects. No one tells you when you get it done, that when Botox start wearing off, it leaves your skin looking crepey, saggy & more wrinkly than what you started with. I had 15 units injected into my forehead, 10 injected b/w my eyebrows and the remaining 5 above my right & left eyebrows (to stop wrinkles from forming above my naturally high arched eyebrows). After 4-5 days of getting Botox I started to experience the following horrible symptoms of a bad Botox job:

-Pins & needles sensation in my forehead
-Headaches
-Dizziness
-Nausea
-Insomnia
-Frequently going to the toilet
-Uncomfort feeling in my bladder. For approx. 5 months I felt like I had a urine infection.When I went to the doctors to get checked out, the doctor reported there was nothing wrong.
-Lumps formed over my right eyebrow in the shape of a 'V'
-One lump the size of a 50 cent coin formed over my left brow and the skin looked crepey
-Left eyelid started twitching 3 mths ago and and the only time it subsides is when I do facial exercises like lifting my eyebrows.
-My high arched eyebrows turned into straight eyebrows
-The skin above my eyelids became puffy and drooped over my eyelids.

After 12 mths I'm still suffering many of the above mentioned side effects & what bothers me the most is that my skin looks worse of than it did 12mths ago & looks so wrinkly it appears it has aged 10 yrs. Ive been reading about CACI treatments, heat packs & facial exercising that may help the condition of my skin. Can anyone please tell me if they actual work and whether my skin will go back to it's normal state before Botox?

Wow, you just made me realize something. I had my botox the end of March. Shortly thereafter, I began experiencing unusual headaches, fatigue, muscle pain and stiffness. I then began to notice that, like others have mentioned, the skin on my face appears lax, my smile was lopsided and my skin wrinkles up when I smiled. I noticed none of these before Botox. My physician has been unable to find any reason for my condition and, based on all the negative test results, I have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Symdrome. I continue to experience these symptoms. I have visited a few cosmetic surgeons and, of course, not one will attribute my condition to the Botox. I looked about 10 years younger before the Botox. Beware!
mmmm....chronic fatigue syndrome...I don't think so. I'm sure it's the Botox that has affected your body. I too have felt incredibly tired at times and I have never in my life have felt so tired until Botox. I've also realized that when the Botox started wearing off, I have like a mucus, gluey like stuff drippy down the back of my throat. The Dr. Indicated I maybe suffering from sinus, but the weird thing is....I have never suffered from sinus problems in my life. 12 mths on, I have less mucus. Im guessing once it's gone, it means the Botox is out of my system.
Hope you start feeling better soon Hayward9144.
Cheers.

Hi Pink,

Oh my 12 months and still feeling that way, I'm so sorry. You should check out our forum "Did you have flu symptoms after Botox."  Everyone in the forum is having the same issues as you and many are months out from having Botox like you. Hope this helps. I'd love it if you checked back in a few months to let us know if you are feeling better.

Thanks so much,

-Britt

No rating for the nurse that provided the Botox. She had a bad attitude and administered Botox badly. Even thou she has 17 yrs experience it doesnt make her a very reputable professional. She needs admit & learn from her mistakes from people like myself.