Female in Her 20's with an Unflattering Nose & Sinus Difficulties - Melbourne, AU

My original motivation for visiting Dr Mendelson...

My original motivation for visiting Dr Mendelson in 2008 was driven by the dislike I had for both my nose size and shape. It was unflattering and out of proportion with other facial features.
During the initial consultation we also discussed the sinus problems I had been battling (which had continued to be an issue despite an earlier operation with another surgeon, a specialist ENT surgeon, to remove a large sinus "mass" in my left sinus cavity).
Despite the prior surgery, I still struggled severely with breathing difficulties, congestion and other associated sinus issues.
It was during this consultation that Dr Mendelson identified how very little airflow was passing through my nostrils due to the narrow and curved bone structure at the nasal root.
He recommended a Septoplasty (as opposed to a rhinoplasty) which involved the sinus structure being widened and straightened (in addition to a reduction in the size of the nose overall).

I felt very confident by the end of the consultation that a solution was more than just possible, and I went 'under the knife' a short time later.

The final result was, well remarkable. And deemed successful (at least by me!) well before the 12-18mths or so it takes for internal swelling to reduce entirely.
Not only did my nose look much more aethistically pleasing, my breathing improved 10 fold and many of my previously identified sinus issues either disappeared entirely or improved vastly.

Overall:
Very satisfied!
Despite the expected 10 days or so of unpleasantness following the surgery (nasal gauges and increased sensitivity - most probably due to my new ability to smell!), this procedure is one that I will definitely never look back on with regret and would happily recommend to others.

*Please note, the cost I have recorded is a rough round-about guess as it was 6yrs ago.. and my private health insurance did cover some aspects of the procedure (although I do believe this figure its fairly spot on).
I'm happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr Mendelson has wonderful bedside manner and a great ability to reassure his patients of the expected outcome. At no point during the consultation did I feel pressured to proceed and/or doubtful/anxious of the end result once I had decided I well and truly wished to do so. What is most obvious is that Dr Mendelson takes a lot of care and pride in his approach, clearly seeking the most natural, "non surgical" looking result for his patients. This care and attention also extends to his staff, who were, and continue to be (I have since undergone other procedures!) exceptionally friendly, understanding and pleasant to deal with.