Fraxel Ruined my Face - Melbourne, AU

I had fraxel laser done from 2009-2010 to reduce...

I had fraxel laser done from 2009-2010 to reduce pigmentation on upper lip, and heal/treat acne. initial treatments were done on whole face, but as it was an expensive process so I focused on upper lip. However I then had to have more areas treated as more pigmentation developed!!! This was most unexpected. Looking at pictures my lips are quite badly affected, no laser should have even gone close to this area as it has very soft tissue which is easily damaged...2.5 years down the line I have more pigmentation than ever, between the brows, nose, cheeks, upper lips and lips. I find it embarrassing going out in public and even going to work everyday as I'm so self conscious. This procedure was done several times at a highly reputable skin clinic by a registered nurse. When I ran out of money nothing was done to fix the issue, only a quick meeting with the dermatologist to quickly justify the results, a jar of hydroquinone cream and to think about having EVEN MORE treatments done at my own expense. Absolutely disgusted. I have continued to find more natural products to reduce pigmentation such as kojic acid, but results are very slow.
Did you ever used cosmelan for reducing pigmentation? It is a great product and the only one helped me to get rid of pigmentation after trying everything. Just google it and find more about it.
I had a a similar experience, luckily I only had one treatment. I saw a offer for a doctor for 3 fraxel facials for $300, so I thought why not? She is a doctor.I was told it would be 4 days of down time but I could not go out for 2 weeks. After 3 months my face is still red and streaky. I went to the doctor's office and was greeted by an aesthetician. I should have run at that point, I thought the doctor would be performing the procedure. At day four, I sent them pictures of my face to her because my face was raw and under my ear it looked like I had 3rd degree burns.I was told it was normal, however I asked to see the doctor but was never able to. Long and short of it...make sure the procedure is performed by a DOCTOR, who is well-trained and qualified to do this procedure. It is a medical treatment, be cautious and do your research. If the price is too good to be true then it is. I can't believe I was so foolish. I would post pictures but I am too embarrassed that I was not more cautious.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, sorry you had a bad experience. Do you apply the kojic acid at night? Check out a product called TEPEZCOHUITE it's an amazing product, very healing, used for many years as a burn treatment, acne etc.

Take care :)