Emerged - Melbourne, AU

Emerged I use the word emerged, because I have...

Emerged
I use the word emerged, because I have emerged from under the shroud. The shroud of over sized clothes and oversized body and then unwanted skin.

Weight loss is something that you hear every day. It is thrown at you from every possible angle, print, social media, radio and television. With a weight problem it can sometimes be a continual reminder that you feel as though you have failed. It was time to throw that off and start listening and understanding my own body.

While many of the ‘programs’ have potential to work it really comes down to energy in and energy out. I have at last worked out that if you are about to eat something and you first have to turn the pack around to see what is inside……….then it is not food. Weight loss can be an enormous struggle or it can be a wonderful discovery of ‘real food’ and taste. My success story is based firstly on recognising that food (particularly in this era) is in great abundance, but it is also an era where the food has been tampered with the most. Our bodies are wondrous and we have to nurture it with good food. My opinion is that we have to go back to the source. Eat and prepare fresh food and ditch the processed, chemical, colored and I use the term advisedly “flavor enhanced”, sugar, salt and fat that we have become accustomed to eating.

Now that I had worked out the food, I knew from past experience that when I lose the weight, in order to keep it off I had to rid myself of the unwanted, unsightly stretched skin.
I was about half way through my journey to the “real self” when I visited Richard Bloom. I knew that I had to start the ball rolling and work towards completing the transformation by having the skin removed. Richard may have wondered why this larger lady was attending his office, I was clearly not ready. and asking about a body life.I just said I wanted to understand where I had to be in terms of health and weight before he would take on the task of ridding me of the unwanted skin. We had a good discussion and I came away feeling like I had found the right Doctor to join me in the journey to the new me. I was made to feel comfortable and encouraged – it spurred me on knowing that Richard had confidence in me reaching the goal and that was just amazing. Here was someone who thought I could actually reach my goal.

Over the coming months I worked hard at maintaining my food and exercise regime (it was not easy, but it was worth it). I had a couple more visits with Richard and we set a date!

I am now a two months post op and I have to say that after living in my overweight body for most of my life, I truly feel I have emerged from under the shroud. I no longer have to hide! I do have to train my mind to accept that this new me in the mirror is really me………………..a task I am happy to take on. I have looked back at the ‘before’ photos and I cannot comprehend how Richard looked at me, visualized what he could do and then actually made it happen. How do express thanks to someone who has made such a phenomenal, positive change and impact on your life?

Mr Richard Bloom

My body lift was the finale of a wonderful year of discovering me!
Richard with his gifted hands and great skill revealed the me hidden under the shroud of loose skin that remained. No amount if diet and exercise could have moved that. Thank you Richard and also thanks to your great team!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

I hope that if you are reading this and you are contemplating surgery and searching for a compassionate, expert and talented surgeon then give ARC a call and make an appointment to see Mr Richard Bloom. I have not regretted my decision and I will be going back to Richard to have further surgery to “tidy up” my thighs and arms. Heartfelt thanks to Richard, staff at ARC and the hospital.

I would be interested in before and after photos. I saw Dr Bloom today and have pretty much decided on a body lift and arm lift. So 3 months on how are things going for you. How are the scars healing and have u had any complications.
Hi Machine Going great and no regrets Scars are healing and fading really well did you go ahead.
Yes I did. Now 5 days post op. Can't believe how much swelling there is. I feel huge. First few days really tough but getting a little easier each day now :))

Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

It sounds like you've had quite a journey! I'm so pleased everything went well for you and you got to your goal weight. We'd love to see a before/after photo!

Thanks Kirsty, I will post photos in due course - just about there! Emerged

Awesome, looking forward to it!