Avitcid - Tretinoin Cream 0,025% Ruined my Face - "Bee" - Finland

I was 31 when I noticed my skin getting a bit more...

I was 31 when I noticed my skin getting a bit more dry in the winter time than usual. I guess I was overreacting and started to search a good anti age treatment over the internet.

I ended up doing a micro needling session 3 times. Doctor did it with 1,5mm needless. Afterward the doctor recommended the best antiage cream there was on market. I wanted to know what it was and could there be any harm for me. He told me that there could not be any harm, like he told me about the microneedling sessions as well. I thought he knew what he was talking about and trusted him.

I t ended up being my worst nightmare. Avicid is meant for people who have thick skin and have ackne. I had silky smooth, thin skin that was at the time a bit dry. I ended having prematurely aged skin, sunspots and extremely dry skin. The surface of the skin does not work anymore like skin is supposed to. I get cystic pimples that hurt etc.
I have suffered soon over 3 years about this and my skin has not recovered. I used to look at least 6 years younger, now I look over 10 years older. I got a depression out of this. I'm really sad that there are that kind of doctors who really dont know what they are doing and they can ruin persons life. They dont care, as long as they get patients and paid. That is sick.

Dear Finish, I am sorry to hear about your situation and really hope you find a solution soon. I am 44 years old and I have been using Tretinoin 0.25% for one year with excellent results. Is there any chance the micro needling went wrong?
Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure there are many excellent dermatologists in your neighbouring Sweden. If you do some research you could arrange something. I'm sure you will successfully solve your problem, because you are very young, and your skin will respond to treatment. Maybe they will recommend laser treatment.
Dear Finnish, I feel your pain and decided to write this letter only from my own experience. I am not an expert but have been confused on how to treat my skin until recently. Your cystic acne problem and very sensitive skin sounds like my family problem. Our Dad gave us the gene unfortunately. I'm 46 years old now and have tried lots of things on the market and all the products I could possibly get my hands on because I could afford it…thank goodness. Not all of them worked well on me but I realized something else that worked. Food, stress and lifestyle (including products usage) aggravated my skin problem until I reorganized my lifestyle. I avoid stress by exercising and doing yoga. I see a good estetician to extract my cystic pimples when they occur so I don't spread the germs around and worsen my acne problems. And the best part about sensitive skin is that 'less is more'. …it's true for me at least. Sensitive skin needs to be left alone sometimes to avoid irritation. My favorite products have been the over the counter products like Cetaphil. Also, the laundry detergent and body soap have to be for sensitive skin as well….and less is better for my skin and my two daughters. Good Luck and all the best to you. I will not be writing again since I have very little time to do this. P
Tomi Leivo