61 and Ready - Media, PA

I'm and ready to live again. My husband passed...

I'm and ready to live again. My husband passed over 3 years ago. The kids are all grown and I've decided it's now time to get started on my bucket list.
I've wanted to have a TT for some time. But other things always were more important.
I've gotten to the point where I hate to look in the mirror.

PO day 1

I had my TT/ lipo yesterday. All went well. When I arrived I had all kind of thoughts: was it a bad decision, was the pain going to much, what if I didn't come out of it ? Well we can all see I made it.
The hardest part was watching tears swell in my daughter's eyes. I knew I had to be strong for her.
Surgery was scheduled for 12 p.m. I don't remember anything after 12:15. My Dr and the staff were great. The surgery took close to 3 hours and I was home by 5.
The pain is bearable so far. My daughter woke me throughout the night giving me meds every 4 hours. I also am taking antibiotics.
The suggestions I've received from the site have been very helpful. The recliner has been a blessing. Learning from others on the site let me know what to expect; even though everyone is different. Just the support you receive from others is AWESOME.
I'm getting tired so off to see the Sandman.

Day 6 PO

Today I was finally discharged from the hospital. Apparently I had a reaction to thr pain medicine.
The Dr says I can take Tylenol for pain if needed. Just getting dressed and the car ride home has me very tired. I'll be staying on the first floor for awhile. Still haven't looked at my stomach. All in the hospital said it looks great. Friday my PS said one of my drains out. YIPEE !!!!

PO DAY8

Today is a great day. I had my visit with PS. My left drain was removed today. I felt a little discomfort but manageable. Dr says everything looks great. I took my first sneak peak at my new tummy. I'm swollen but OMG I look amazing.

PO 2 WEEKS

I FEEL GREAT. I still have one drain in. I visit my PS tomorrow to hopefully have it removed. In the last 5 days I've only had to take one Tylenol.
I'm tired of sleeping on my back but if that's the biggest problem I have I'm blessed.
I looked at my tummy today and it looks great. I'm still wearing sweat pants everyday. I'm still in the cg twenty four/seven. I'll ask the PS how long must I wear it.
This is the first thing I've done for myself in ages. I wouldn't hesitate doing it again. Even during my darkest days I knew it would get better. Because of the support I received here I felt like I was part of a team and everyone was cheering me on. Thank you Ladies.

PO Day 18

I had my last drain removed. I feel great. PO said that I can go for short walks. I'm glad because I am starting to get cabin fever. I'm returning the rental lift chair tomorrow. I've begun to sleep in my bed. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.
I'm still spending most of my time resting. Each day is better and better.
I'm scheduled to see my PO in a month.
The only discomfort I feel is the swelling and itching stomach.
Hopefully I will continue to heal.

3 weeks PO

I can't believe it has been 3 weeks. Today I drove for the first time today. It was nice finally getting out of the house. We're expecting a big snowstorm in my area. It went okay but I was a little tired when I returned home.
The highlight of my day was when my son stopped by to bring in the groceries. You don't understand. My son doesn't notice anything. He looked at me and said 'mom I can see it". I didn't know what he was talking about. He said 'you're stomach, its gone".
HIGH FIVE FOR TEAM MOM

4 weeks PO

Time has gone by so fast. I'm still sweeling on the lower part of my stomach. Sometimes I feel as though I'm going to burst.
I plan on returning to the gym next week, treadmill only.
My belly button looks great.

2 months po Dr visit

Today I had my 2 month post surgery visit with my PS. Great news I don't have to return for 6 months. I've lost 17 lbs. I'm still swollen but it will go down with time.
I did ask him about the lumps I was feeling beneath my scar. He said it was scar tissue from where the drains were. Use some type of oil and to message it. With time it will disappear.
I'll begin slowly walking again. I will go to the next item on my bucket list (learn how to swim).
I no longer hate the image in the mirror. This experience was full of highs and lows. The highs made it worthwhile. I have never regretted this decision. The support from the group is tremendous. Days I didn't think I would make it I would read your post and everything seemed so much better. God bless you all.
Dr Sean Wright

Dr Sean Wright is the best. He was patient, understanding, and knowledgeable. I had a tummy tuck and lipo done. He is a very skilled surgeon. His office staff is professional and friendly as well.

Glam I am 56 and wanted this for years. Life is good on the flat side.:)
Hi I live in outside of Quakertown not too far from you. I had my TT on the 20th of January my PS is on Allentown I was on Lehigh valley hospital was very good there. Happy healing.
So glad to hear you're doing great!! Take care and continue the healing process :)
Checking on you and it looks like you are doing great. Glad we are through the first two weeks. Hoping it gets better and better for all of us. Happy healing!
Pam it's going great. Last night I had to take the binder off to get to sleep. For some reason I felt like a sausage. I'm watching my salt intake. Today I'm taking it easy. Binder is back on and swelling is not as bad as yesterday. I was up every hour it seemed going to the bathroom. I still haven't gotten on a scale nor tried on my jeans. Still in yoga pants everyday. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope all is well with you.
Glad to hear you are doing so well!
Such great news! Glad things are on the upswing for you.
Happy healing. Sorry about your husband. So glad that you are trying to live your life and staying active and positive. God Bless you!
1/23 surgery done and back at home and my day is over so I thought. I have a whole day missing I remembemy daughter giving me my paid at 9. Surgery went I came home. My daughter said we were talking and my my breathing becomes labored. She begins slapping me. Only thing I remember is snowflakes on my face and the ambulance ride. We get to the hospital it's 3 days later and I'm still in here. The general consensus seems that I had a bad reaction to the pain meds (perocrt). I've had ekg, MRI 's. All types of scans , and blood work. It has been traumatic I'm still saying YES.
Oh wow. I hope you are ok. Keep us posted on your status at the hospital if you can. Get well and take care of yourself.
God bless sweetie all will be fine. I too am allergic to pain Meds. I ensured that I mentioned it to my PS during my consultation. I learned it through my recovery from a broken ankle. I will never forget I can't take morphine, or OxyContin.
Woopsie!! Not cool having to find out like that, of an allergy. Geez! Can't imagine your poor daughter's anguish. Anyways, look at it from the bright side, now you have doctors and nurses on watch (hope you have insurance) glad to hear that you are stable and on your way to recovery! :-)
Thanks for all your support. A little down and very swollen. Each day I remind myself I'm a work in progress.
Thinking of you and hoping all goes well from here. Sounds like you have had a rough time.
Thank you. I would choose to do it again. It's the first thing I've done for myself in a long time.
Glad you have the help you need! Take it easy, happy healing and enjoy your results!
Happy healing, glammom! So nice your daughter can be there to help you out.
Thank you for joining the community!   I have had a mad rush of 60 something ladies this week.  I love this and so happy for all of you.  I am calling 60 the new 30:)
I love it us boomers still doing out thing
The journey is just beginning.
Right on!
Will be thinking of you and hoping your recovery is easy. Keep us posted. I am 62 and scheduled for my tt Feb 28. Best wishes tomorrow!
Good luck! I am 58 years old. Had a TT a month ago. Best thing ever!!
Good luck !!!
Good luck on your TT tomorrow! Keep us posted!