Excellent Results; It's Never Too Late! - Media, PA

For decades I had considered having rhinoplasty to...

For decades I had considered having rhinoplasty to remove the bump on the bridge of my nose. I've always been complimented on my looks, but had a large nose. My face is small, and even though my eyes are big, I have always felt that my nose dominated my other features, and would cringe at profile photos. After months of research, I decided to consult with Dr. Pontell, due to his high ratings from patients, as well as the fact that he specialized in the correction of other surgeons' mistakes in rhinoplasty. During my consultation, I was shown numerous before and after photos, and also discovered that not only was my septum deviated, but that my turbinates deep inside my nose were rather large, making my breathing difficult and exacerbating my pollen allergy and contributing to years of ongoing sinus headaches.

My concern was to have these corrections done without having a nose that looked too dramatically different than my old nose, something we discussed. I gave consent immediately, and waited about 3 months. My procedure went really well, minimal bruising, and my swelling was minimal at first and then got worse following cast removal, most important, my pain was minimal. I may have taken 2 pain pills total. One of the immediate things I noticed, even with packing in place was how much easier it was to breathe. It took about 2 months for me to actually like my nose, but I had to remind myself that I had everything done to my nose that could be done, both structurally as well as cosmetically.

My nose at 5 months looks remarkable and natural. Outside of a few trusted family members, no one knows that my nose was "done." Dr. Pontell brought my nose into better coherence with the rest of my features. I still have some minimal tip swelling, but haven't had the problems with my allergies that I did beforehand, or a single sinus headache. I think Dr. Pontell is an incredible surgeon; his skills are worth every penny. His receptionist is not the friendliest and rather dismissive, but seems to be that way with everyone. I actually think that this cold attitude doesn't reflect too well on Dr. Pontell, considering that most patients carry anxiety over their decision to have cosmetic procedures, but I came to him for the excellent results I have received and not to become friends with his office staff. Don't hesitate if you are trying to decide between 2 surgeons; choose Dr. Pontell.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pontell is an amazingly professional and gifted surgeon. He is calm and thorough in your consultation, answering any questions you may have. Do your research beforehand, and have your list of questions with you. His after-care visits were brief and always encouraging in terms of progress in the healing process. My decision to have him perform my surgery was based on the numerous positive reviews from his patients as well as photos that matched what I hoped to see in my own "before and after" photos. Research as much as you can, and have every confidence that you are in good hands.

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Would love to see your new nose. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Enjoy life.
I agree, it never is too late! I'm glad to hear you're breathing better and like your aesthetic results as well. Thank you for sharing on RealSelf!