Tummy Tuck Today-comfortable Positions Help? - Medford, OR

I'm a mom of two boys, 8 and two. I'm 5'2 and...

I'm a mom of two boys, 8 and two. I'm 5'2 and 116lbs. I had my tummy tuck today and I am wondering how should I be sitting in the recliner. Should I be a little hunched over or at a 45 degree angle? Thank you everyone!! What's some tips you offer me to help me get through the first night. Thank you so much!

Day 1- post op tummy tuck.

Post op day 3

Feeling great today! Took some pics of how everything looks.

One week post op tummy tuck

It's been one week post op from my tummy tuck and I feel great! I haven't been taking any pain meds in three days. I've been walking around quite a bit because of my very active two year old son. :) He must sense something is up because he has been an angel this whole week which I am so great full for!

Before I had the surgery I watched a lot of YouTube videos of women and their journeys with a tummy tuck. Some women were really helpful and inspiring, others seemed like crybabies! I've honestly have had very little pain with the procedure. Day one post op and day two were the most trying. I had pain but not with the surgery itself, mostly from the bandages irritating my skin and my lower back was killing me for walking hunched over. I did however have a pain pump that lasted about three days so I'm not sure if that's why my pain was minimal or if my surgeon is just that good. :)

I've got recent pics to share, in them I am still very swollen and have more bruising now then I did one day post op mostly because I bruise very very easily!! A lot of my bruising has changed to the yellow-jaundice looking color so that's why my skin looks yellow. The white line on my abdomen above my dressings is from my camera. Just with the lighting and the yellow skin I don't know for some reason it kept showing up but in person there is no white line. I also took a picture of my scar. I think it looks great for one week post op. Hope everyone is doing well and recovery nicely. Loves!! :)

3 weeks post op!

It's 3 weeks post op on 8-15-2013!!! Feeling great! I'm back to work, back to being a mom for very active two years old and 8 year old! Here is recent picture of my tummy tuck taken today. Still VERY swollen on the sides, below my belly button, and belly button area. All in all I'm super happy with my results! I have no pain and I am back to doing chores around the house (dang it!)

3 weeks post op 8/15/13

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor. He did my gel silicone implants in 2010 and I couldn't be happier! He was very friendly, informative, and professional. Great bedside manner. Very friendly and informative staff! Very clean and inviting office. Definitely recommend him!

Looking good!! Happy healing!!
How are you feeling? I hope you are continuing to take it easy. I hope your scarring and bruising are improving. I'm 3 weeks post op and just starting to get back to work part time. I've had more swelling and I guess it's from being more mobile. We will see.
You look great. It's a long road. so take it easy!
You look fantastic.  I am 8 dpo today - doc did not remove my drain yesterday.  I had no pain for a few days but then was in a lot of pain last night so I took a half a pill.  Today, my back is just really sore.  I am also lying back in a recliner - all the way - my doc stated that I should not be in the crunch position b/c mystomach could heal irreguarly.
By the way. Your scar looks good. Mine for a scab and looks so nasty now. The PS says the skin will grown back and it will look better. I'm not upset about it. I'm just happy all is well and I no longer have that "apron" flapping on my pelvic area.
Does anyone have any tips for the belly button? I've been cleaning, keeping it covered with gauze but I was wondering if anyone did anything different than that or what not. My belly button looks really gross. I mean I know it should be at this moment but I just didn't know if I should be doing more, add anything to the recovery process for that..tips, pointers, any suggestions.. I'm all ears! Thanks again everyone!!
My PS had me apply Bacitracin (without Zinc) to my BB and keep gauze on it. It looks good to me. He took the stitches out this past Tuesday. I'm back today (Friday) for remainder of stitches at the incision to be removed. I'll post pics of my healed BB when I get home. I'm 18 days PO today. Hang in there. You're doing great.
You look amazing!!! I just had my tt with MR and lipo to my flanks. You look very similar to me. How was your ps able to remove all of the skin from BB down? Mines only removed about 2 inches from what I see where my old bb was. I hope I didn't go through all this just to be disappointed:(. Anyhow, I've been sleeping in my bed since I got home from surgery. My hubby bought me 2 arm pillows( the ones where you lean on with arms on sides). So comfy! I had 2 pillows underneath the arm pillows and the second arm pillows at my legs with the arm wide end against my tush ans the arms help support my legs. Very comfy. Slept very well for the last 3 days. I'm pod4 this morning and will be going in for a follow up. My drains are not draining much either, about 10-20(L) and 10-25(R) in a 24 hour period! I'm hoping mines will turn out nice and flat....I'm thinking he didn't take out enough skin!
Thank you! I know my surgeon told me that sometimes he isn't able to pull the skin that low on some patients because it just won't stretch that far, and he told me it might be a possibility that the scar might be a little higher. It's a bummer because you have your heart set on getting it low enough to cover up, but my surgeon told me its better to have it a little higher if the skin won't stretch than to make it stretch and be a really ugly scar all bubbled up and what not. The less tension on the skin, the scar should heal nicely and flat and fade out over time. Maybe that's why yours is a little higher? I hope you get the results you want. No one wants to go through all of this, pay the money, only to be somewhat disappointed in the end. :(. Oh and thanks for the tip on the arm chairs I saw those before my surgery and thought about getting them but never did. I'm send my husband to pick some up from me tomorrow! :)
Oh no, my incision is pretty low. I wore my smallest and lowest bikini the day of marking! Lol. I can see that it's low. I was just concerned that he didnt take out enough skin, but you are right...I'd rather have a nice straight scar that will fade in time. The only thing I need to cover up is my old bb that is about 1-2 inches below my new bb. That will be easy though. I still have 1/2 my dragon tattoo on my belly and I can add a flower petal to cover up that old bb. Happy healing to you! Oh and I've read that it's best to let your bb heal properly. It's not an easy task to create a new bb so your ps knew what he was doing...just let it heal...
Do you have any pics Nicole? I would love to see your progress! How have you been doing?
I do have pics. I'm exactly 1 week po and feeling great! Had my drains pulled on Wednesday and was able to shower. It felt so amazing! When he pulled the drains, he cleaned me up pretty good and place tape on my incision and to me not to change it out for 5-7 days. I go back next Thursday and will just have him change it out. I don't want to keep messing with....you know opening and closing the tape just to see the incision. I'm just leaving it alone and letting my ps change the dressing/tape when I see him. I've asked for my before pics because do didnt take one before hand so hopefully they'll send me that and I can start my review.
Looking good! Congrats
Thank you so much!
I love Dr Parrish. He did my boobs when I was 19 and lived in Oregon. If I still lived there I would've gone to him long before Jensen. I've seen some of his tummy tucks and have not been pressed. You look great!
Dr. Parrish did my implants too! I had gotten the silicone gel implants in 2010. I had minimal downtime with that. I believe I had surgery on Thursday and was back to work on Tuesday. He's great!
Thank you so much everyone! You guys are such life savers! I stripped the drains and that helped tremendously! I'm not daring very much; about 10cc on the right and 25cc on the left. 45 degree angle has helped greatly! I don't have very much bruising and my pain is still not bad but I do have the pain pump that is just about empty so I can take it out today. I'm guessing once that's out my pain level will probably go up a bit. Have any of you became extremely emotional during this whole process? I'm not sure if its the pain meds or what but I feel just very loving if that makes any sense. I'm calling my mother in law, father in law, my parents pretty much anyone who will listen to me how much I love them and that they mean so much to me. I've never experienced this kind of an emotional roller coaster and was wondering if its just me or what. Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate it! :)
Hey Oregon_mom of 2, Welcome to the "Flat Side". Yes, I have been on the same emotional roller coaster and a lot of other RS (RealSelf) members have mentioned the same. Read my profile and you'll see what I mean. It will get better. Just take it day by day. We are all getting use to the "new us". Please feel free to inbox me if you ever just want to talk.
Yay!! I love being a part of the "Flat Side!" :) After my first son about eight years ago I never thought I would be able to fix what that little baby did to my body. But after having my second son and my husband and I deciding two kids was enough for our family, I saved money and over time I was able to get it done! Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I don't know anyone who has had a tummy tuck so I don't have anyone to really talk to who can relate to the challenges, and emotions that come with this. Today was a good day! No emotional roller coaster! I'm usually a very happy, up beat cheery person so when I start to get the blues I know something just isn't right. Thank you for being so gracious and willing to talk to me. It means a lot! :)) hugs!!
Congrats!!
Thank you!
Thank you so much everyone! You've helped me out tremendously! I don't know of anyone who has had a tummy tuck so your experiences and advice has really helped me out. I not having much fluids daring into my drains. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. The fluids still aren't a clear fluid so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. As for pain, I feel pretty good. Just really tight in my abdomen area. My surgeon said I had a 4inch gap in my abdominal muscles. I will be updating with pictures regularly. Thank you guys again. You've helped me out so much! Loves!!
Have you stripped the tube to your drain? Something maybe stopping it from draining? Happy Healing!
The nurse came to my house and showed me how to do it. It helped a lot.
You should read your post op instructions again... I don't think you should stand up straight.... Your scar will be fat if you do. I bought a wedge and it supports my legs better than pillows. I slept in recliner for 3 weeks, with leg wedge and was comfy. :) happy healing. Back does get sore from being bent over but will get better when you are stronger again. I'm at 4 weeks now.