Wow, Never Realized It Was Going to Hurt So Bad! - Mechanicsburg, PA

I decided to have this procedure done after a...

I decided to have this procedure done after a lifetime of struggling with my belly and muffin tops. I exercise regularly and eat fairly well. I am 42 years old and weigh around 146 pounds. At one point in my college years, I tipped the scale at 174! As a result, I have some loose skin around my belly button and visible stretch marks. My doctor told me that this procedure might not help with the loose skin, but I was willing to give it a try. It has now been a week and a day since my procedure. I had my entire stomach and flanks area done. 5x3 rows (or 6x3) on the abs and 3 squares on each side. That gave a total of 21 or 24 areas. (I actually lost count because when I looked down and saw that I had a third row to go on my lower abs, I almost cried. I originally thought that there were only 2 rows and was experiencing great relief knowing I only had the flanks to go.) Not the case, ugh! The doctor did 3 passes on each section at 50. However, on the flanks, the third pass was only at 45, as I couldn't tolerate the pain any longer. I have to admit that I do have a pretty low tolerance, but I can't imagine ANYONE not feeling great pain with this. I have never given birth nor had a tattoo, but the pain was at an extreme level in my opinion. I felt like I was being electrocuted at times. Other times it felt as though my flesh was burning! One pass near my left hip sent a shooting pain down my entire leg. The doctor said that there was a nerve close by, so that's probably why I felt such a jolt. Know that if you decide to get this procedure, it isn't a "walk in the park." I was exhausted both mentally and physically and felt as though I had been just tortured! (And that was WITH the medication.) I felt swollen instantly and had bruising by the second morning. The bruising is still quite severe. My entire abdominal area is still quite sore. I have been unable to do my usual work outs thus far and have resulted to swimming instead. I also found some relief by wearing a tight tank all week to keep everything from moving around too much and to help with the swelling. I leave for vacation in 5 days, so hopefully I'll feel better by then. The swelling has gone down considerably, but it's still not where it should be. I still remain hopeful that I will see some results, it's just too soon to tell. I can remember saying rather firmly to my doctor that, "This BETTER work after all of the pain I have just went through! If not, I am going to be REALLY upset!!!" I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (I forgot to take before pictures. I do have photos of the day of the procedure, two days later and one week. I will try to get the posted soon, though they're really not pretty to look at. One thing that I noticed on this site is that people generally forget to update after the 8-12 weeks, when the change is supposed to occur. I will try my best to not be one of those people.) Remember, go forward knowing that you WILL have pain. You have been warned!

Some photos post procedure

4 weeks, bruising gone

5 weeks post procedure

8 weeks, post procedure

I'm at the point where I'm supposed to be seeing a significant difference. Though I do see and feel a slight change, especially in my lower stomach, it's not anything close to what I had hoped for:(
Dr. Linda Farrell

My doctor was very kind. My original appointment was 2 weeks earlier. However, when I went in the machine was not working properly. She did a few passes the first day and I got to "feel" what I was in for. (Let's just say I was dreading coming back because now I knew what it felt like.) She did her best to comfort me during my pain and answered any/all questions that I had pre, during and post procedure. The other girls that work there are great as well, very friendly and personal. (I do believe that they underestimate the level of pain when consulting with potential patients). Like I said, let's just hope it's all worth it, because I don't think I could go through that again.

I don't see much difference for $3,000. I myself have a large belly which looks awful with my skinny legs and arms, Apple shape. I was thinking of looking into this but to only see maybe 1 inch for that kind of money makes it unpractical for me. Thank you for the review
I guess I am not sure what you expected from this procedure. I had my first treatment today and had none of the paid and discomfort you stated above. I only felt an occasional twinge but really no pain. I have no soreness yet or bruising but also went off all aspirin products for one week before the procedure. And I am someone who lives with extreme arthritis pain daily. I was told by the doctor that I could expect 1 - 3" reduction in the treated area over the period of 8 weeks. That is great to me. I have also had liposuction in my thighs and compared to that experience this was a walk in the park. I intend to have my thighs treated next. I suggest anyone having this procedure done to wear a constriction garment to help with the swelling and bruising. It will also help tighten the skin.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for your updates!

I can definitely see more definition in your waist and slight changes to the shape of your abdomen. However, I understand you were probably looking for bigger changes. Did you doctor advise you how much change you should be seeing at this point?