Happy with Results - McLean, VA

I have always had excess eyelid skin and bags...

I have always had excess eyelid skin and bags under the eyes for many years. My optician recommended I look into surgery. I also wanted the excess skin under my chin removed, as I hated it more than the eyes.

I interviewed four Plastic Surgeons (make sure they are board certified PS) - highly recommend everyone does this. Also, call the references they provide – very helpful in making the decision. I did interview one Oculoplastic Surgeon, but he only did eyes, said I needed the muscle tightened (three others said I didn’t), and I wanted to do the chin at the same time. The other three recommended a mid-face lift, but I really didn’t want that drastic of surgery (did learn that some surgeons do the in the ear incision, which others think this looks fake).

The fourth surgeon was recommended by a friend, whose mother had a face lift by him. He met with me for a long time discussing my eyes and face. I called his office about a month later and said I wasn’t sure on the facelift. I was invited to come in for a second consult to discuss it further. (I didn’t mention that one other surgeon I had called charges to meet with you.) At this second consult, I told him I really didn’t want the mid-facelift, but I wanted to get rid of my double chin. He said we could do that by liposuction. I signed up for the surgery that day.

I had read all the horror stories online, and thankfully I did not have any of those issues. The under eye scar is almost invisible (this surprised me as one of the other PS I saw had performed the procedure on his assistant and she showed me a very obvious scar on her lower lid. I’m glad I didn’t go to him! Watch out for the PS who advertise!)

My eyes look fantastic! My chin is amazing – I no longer have that excess skin. I am 4 weeks post-op and love looking at my revised face. Note: the cost includes the upper and lower, operating room fees, and the anesthesiologist (the chin was additional).

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Dr. F met with me twice before I made the decision. I do a lot of research and ask lots of questions. He really listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. He was also readily available when I developed a sty about two weeks post-op. If you have dry eyes and allergies like I do, you really need to clean the eyes after the stitches are removed - I didn't. I now know about SteriLid Eyelid Cleanser, which works miracles! My friend loves him, as well as the reference I called, who had several friends use him after seeing her new face.