31 Yo, 2 Children 350cc Silicone Submuscular - Mclean, VA

I lost a lot of breast tissue after breast feeding...

I lost a lot of breast tissue after breastfeeding my 2 children, now 2 and
a half and almost 4 years old. Before kids, I was a full B and ballooned to
about a large C while breastfeeding. As most moms who have breastfed
experienced, I lost it all after stopping. I'm now a deflated, small 32B,
but can totally wear A cups as well. I'm 5'0'' and currently 105 pounds
(weight fluctuates between 102 and 110). I'm a professional working mom,
going for a more natural look, and wanted to go as big as I could without
appearing busty in clothes.

I went to 3 surgeons total, and ultimately chose Dr. Jabs because I thought
he was the best fit for me. He had excellent reviews, published
peer-reviewed scientific articles, and seemed very knowledgeable during our
initial consultation. Perhaps equally important was that he was extremely
patient and sat with me for an hour and a half, addressing my concerns. He
was also the only surgeon that did the sizer fitting himself. The other two
surgeons had their nurses do the fitting, which was fine except when
specific questions came up for me (e.g. how the size and shape of sizers
compare to the actual implants?) they weren't able to answer as
definitively as the physician. One of the other surgeons was really
seasoned, but seemed a little too old school for me, albeit also very
knowledgeable and nice. He also didn't sit down and go through photos with
me like Dr. Jabs did. The third physician was fairly comparable to Jabs in
his approach and surgical technique, but seemed to think I'd need a breast
lift in the near future and wasn't averse to me getting it now. Vastly
different from Dr. Jabs, who said I had pseudoptosis and not enough droop
to warrant a lift. Given his credibility, not only was that something I
preferred hearing, but I totally trusted his decision.

I'm about 6 hours out from surgery and feel great. I had some nausea and
dizziness right after surgery, likely from the anesthesia and scopolamine
patch, respectively, but other than that I'm good. I took one small dose of
Vicodin right before leaving the hospital, but I haven't needed anymore. My
highest level of pain at rest was about 3-4/ 10 and I'm currently
experiencing no pain at rest. Of course I'm still having some soreness when
I move my arms, but that's to be expected.

I will keep you posted on my progress. I'll post pre-op pics now and have
my husband take post-op pics later this evening to post.

Post-op 0

Looking and feeling great. My surgeon offers his patients an extra local analgesia cocktail for $300, in addition to the local injections he gives to all patient during surgery. I really think it's paid off, since I've had minimal pain this whole time. Only soreness when moving around and muscle tightness. I have a post-op appointment next week. Will post updated pictures then.

So far so good.

Today is POD 9. Had PO visit yesterday. PS showed me how to massage and gave me a band. Not taking anymore meds. Will likely start working out again next week. Lightly of course and nothing involving the pecs. I'm almost hesitant to post pics because my boobs look much better than they appear in the pics.

Left side view

Sorry this one didn't post correctly in the previous entry.

FYI

Looking back over the front view pics for POD 0 and POD 9, it actually appears higher in the latter. Not actually the case. I think the muscles were more contracted because I was holding the camera at a weird angle. Had probably just taken a muscle relaxant in the POD 0 pic as well. Not sure, but the girls are definitely lower now than they were then.
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Jabs and his staff are exceptionally knowledgeable, patient and accommodating. I did my 1st of 3 consultations with him and chose him over the other 2 surgeons, because he really took his time and answered all of my questions and fully explained every aspect of getting a breast augmentation (i.e. choosing an implant, risks/ benefits, incisional approach, post-op care, etc) ALL during the initial consultation before he had any idea whether I'd choose him. I also think he understood my expectations better than the others. Moreover, he was the only surgeon that sat through the sizer fitting with me and helped me through the process. I didn't feel pressured to choose a particular size....more like gentle suggestions based on his professional experience, but ultimately went along with what I felt comfortable with. At the pre-op visit, after having tried on more sizers at other consultations and learning about other patients' experiences, I ultimately went with the size he suggested. I'm only POD 0, but I'm glad I went with 350 rather than the 275-300, based on how they're looking. Other pros: 1) Joanne the patient coordinator was awesome. Very responsive. 2) I asked to have an extra visit with Dr. Jabs after my pre-op just to look at pictures, to put my mind at ease and to be sure he understood the look I was going for (Even though we'd already done that at the initial consultation that was about 3-4 weeks or so prior). It was no problem at all getting me in for a 3rd visit. 3) I'm about 6-7 hours out from surgery and have 0 pain at rest, only a little pressure and obliviously soreness when I move my arms. Regardless of how the size turns out once everything settles, I feel totally comfortable highly recommending Dr. Jabs to anyone thinking of getting a breast augmentation.

Lookin good :) Every day gets better. Day 3 probably the roughest for me. Although I hate it, I think the strap over the top of breasts helps them settle. Day 4 a bit emotional and wondering if it was the right decision.. starting to feel good day 6. Good luck & good for you!
Thanks for sharing Renae2. Hang in there. :)
Sorry for the grammatical errors (i.e. where vs wear, breastfeed vs breastfed, etc). These things bother me :/
We are about the same size you may want to check out my pictures . You will be close to my size.
Hi Miss Cris. Thanks for sharing. Your breasts look great. Luckily for you, you had no ptosis to begin with so your nipples will sit higher than mine.
Oh you will look great !!! Good luck with your surgery..