Botox Gone Wrong, Paralyzed Left Side of Face - McKinney, TX

Hello: I have been reading about your mishap...

Hello:

I have been reading about your mishap with botox. I too had a bad bout with the left side of my face. I have facial tics and heard that botox is used to help with it like it does with Bellspalsy sp? Anyway, I went to see an Optomologist who I heard gives injections for these reasons.

He injected all the areas as usual but then gave me an injection on the left side of my face down along the nasial labiafold. The next day I noticed my mouth on the left side was paralyzed when I smiled. I called the quack (it was a Sat.) and he told me to call his office on Mon. I went in to see him and he said he couldn't do anything about it and to wait until it wore off in about 3/4 mos. Well it has been over 6 mos. now and it still hasn't completely gone back to normal. I will say it is about 98% but still needs the 2/3% to go.

Do you have any suggestions for me? I have had the LED treatment which is heat and laser. I read where that will counteract the botox. It is too expensive to keep p. I have also had acupuncture and have read that it can help rejuvenate the muscles. What is that cica facial you and your other person are talking about? I cry and pray all the time for my face to get back to normal. I can tell it droops. Most people can't but when I smile my top lip still is down from the other side. I have had injections now by a neurologist who has been given them for over 20 yrs. for medical purposes. She does not give them below the nostral area. She told me that she has given injections around the mouth area for people with tics in that area but the countraindication outweigh the benefits. She told me that since she didn't give the injection to me she can't tell when it will go back to normal. There is no test to be done. She doesn't believe there is any permanent damage and I pray she is right. Again, if you have any suggestions for me I would appreciate it.

Mishap

Dr. Clint Long

This QUACK is an Optomoligist who has no experience nor business giving Botox.