Waiting for Insurance Approval! - Maui, HI

I am so excited to have everything completed and...

I am so excited to have everything completed and ready to go for the surgery! So far, I have had a psych evaluation, meeting with an nutritionalist, a Weight Loss Surgery Seminar put on by my surgeon, two hours long. I have been attending a monthly weight loss support group, and last but not least an EGD (scope of the esophogus.)

I am nervous, excited and after my mom's heart attack two weeks ago, if I wasn't 100% sure, I know I am now. She is the same weight as I am 250, and has High Blood Pressure, Diabeties and GERD all from being obese. I am borderline for all three.. well I do have GERD, but mild. She also has other things going on, not necessarily weight related but overall not taking care of oneself.

I hope to have a surgery date in January 2013. I just wish it would get here already and I hope all the paperwork is in order for the insurance approval. I should know around December 21 and I am wishing for Christmas to have a January surgery date!

I just put Jan 7 in the calendar as wishful thinking!

Please cross you fingers! I am ready for this!
Cheers!

Maui General Surgeon

Dr. Chasen is just setting up his bariatric practice on Maui. He has done 400+ surgeries in Georgia. I am hoping to be in his top 10, the first chosen patients to begin the Bariatric program on Maui.

Hi there, how are you doing? We'd love an update!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for deciding to share your journey with us. I hope you're insurance comes through, I'll be keeping my fingers, and everything else, crossed for you!

It's a huge decision to make, but one that hopefully will completely change your life for the better. I am int he same situation myself and it's a very tough road to go down, but hopefully worth it!

Please do keep us updated with your progress.