Waiting for Insurance Approval! - Maui, HI

I am so excited to have everything completed and...

I am so excited to have everything completed and ready to go for the surgery! So far, I have had a psych evaluation, meeting with an nutritionalist, a Weight Loss Surgery Seminar put on by my surgeon, two hours long. I have been attending a monthly weight loss support group, and last but not least an EGD (scope of the esophogus.)

I am nervous, excited and after my mom's heart attack two weeks ago, if I wasn't 100% sure, I know I am now. She is the same weight as I am 250, and has High Blood Pressure, Diabeties and GERD all from being obese. I am borderline for all three.. well I do have GERD, but mild. She also has other things going on, not necessarily weight related but overall not taking care of oneself.

I hope to have a surgery date in January 2013. I just wish it would get here already and I hope all the paperwork is in order for the insurance approval. I should know around December 21 and I am wishing for Christmas to have a January surgery date!

I just put Jan 7 in the calendar as wishful thinking!

Please cross you fingers! I am ready for this!
Cheers!

Maui General Surgeon

Dr. Chasen is just setting up his bariatric practice on Maui. He has done 400+ surgeries in Georgia. I am hoping to be in his top 10, the first chosen patients to begin the Bariatric program on Maui.