The Best - Maui, HI

After 37 years, I discovered one of my breasts was...

After 37 years, I discovered one of my breasts was hard . . . and I was also having several other symptoms (may or may not be related). It seemed this "hardening" occurred suddenly and practically overnight. I had been seeing Dr. Yu for a few years since another corrective procedure he performed and for fillers etc. When I phoned his office, Jamie insisted I come in right away. After thoroughly examining me, and extensive conversation I decided to have implant replacement and capsulectomy surgery as soon as possible. Dr. Yu made room for me on the very next surgical date (I went in on Friday and asked if I could have the surgery on Monday). He was amazing. He found much more than he anticipated, dealt with it, and thus far, I have healed beautifully, and look great! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Yu and his staff for any cosmetic or other surgical issues. He is an artist as well as a compassionate and highly educated professional. Thank you all for your continued aloha and conscientious approach to your patient's care.
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Yu and his staff for any cosmetic or other surgical issues. He is an artist as well as a compassionate and highly educated professional. Thank you all for your continued aloha and conscientious approach to your patient's care. After 37 years, I discovered one of my breasts was hard . . . and I was also having several other symptoms (may or may not be related). It seemed this "hardening" occurred suddenly and practically overnight. I had been seeing Dr. Yu for a few years since another corrective procedure he performed and for fillers etc. When I phoned his office, Jamie insisted I come in right away. After thoroughly examining me, and extensive conversation I decided to have implant replacement and capsulectomy surgery as soon as possible. Dr. Yu made room for me on the very next surgical date (I went in on Friday and asked if I could have the surgery on Monday). He was amazing. He found much more than he anticipated, dealt with it, and thus far, I have healed beautifully, and look great! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Yu and his staff for any cosmetic or other surgical issues. He is an artist as well as a compassionate and highly educated professional. Thank you Jamie, Roberta and Dr. Yu for your continued aloha and conscientious approach to your patient's care.

Exactly!
             im so glad that you got it taken care off!
;>)
              are u going to post any pics?
Can you post them "privately?" ;>)
No I dont think so
So glad to hear another story similar to mine. I had 30 year old implants, capsulectomy , pocket repair and replacement. How long was your recuperation? Did you go smaller with new implants? Thanks for sharing and I'm so happy your surgery went well.
Yes, I had similar to yours. My surgery was June 3. I went larger, actually, LOL. Yes the surgery went extremely well, only just day before yesterday, I noticed a sort of "flat spot" or like an elongated "dent" in my left one. Toward the center of my chest, top of breast. I phoned my PS office and spoke to the surgical nurse who said to watch it and go in if it gets any worse . . . ARGH.
              you had your implants for 37 years? saline or silicone? glad evrything worked out for you and yor happy!
Yes. 1976. Back then I was told they would last forever. DUH. I had no problems with them until this happened. I think it actually happened during a mammogram. The last one I had the compression was so drastic, it hurt like crazy. I think it ruptured one and caused the other capsular contraction and harden, and in a matter of months. The other was found to have ruptured . . . I am so GLAD I didn't wait! As soon as I noticed, I made an appointment for consultation . . . PHEW!!! Thank Heaven for Dr. Yu and his staff!!!
Oops, silicone . . . that was the only option back then . . .
              was that your first mamogram? ive never had one! im scared of implant rupture!
            the newer cohesive gels should last alot longer! good too know!
No . . . I have been having them for years . . . this last one was a doozy and the compression was so tight it hurt a lot!
Well, I just hope for no more complications, and I will not be getting another mammo, rather will insist upon ultrasound or MRI or something! :>)
I think mine were damaged by a mammogram too although they told me that was impossible. I have had five and one was so painful and my breast changed after.There should be another option for those of us with implants.
I'm with you. I will pay for the ultra sound or MRI first.
Yes, I was told same thing, but this last mammo? OMG. It was so painful, and I was thinking at the time it is a miracle if my natural breast tissue survives left alone an implant!!! Gonna insist that Kaiser do the other options!!!
             ive had several breast exams but i never had a mamogram! im only going to get an mri done if i think something is wrong! no mamograms for me!
             neemeaug13 did you tell your docter you had implants before you had your mamogram done? also i thought they took extra precaution with woman with implants! idk!
             most def.
OH YES!!!! MOST DEF!!!! I even wrote it on the intake form. AND it was a woman tech who did the mammo!!! Unbelievable, huh? I even told her I had the implants for 30+ years . . . she commented on how "soft" they were etc. Then, less than a year later? One ruptured and one #4 encapsulation! And also, several (what my GP termed) "autoimmune symptoms" which I never had before. Even did a whole battery of blood work. Everything came back okay . . . then, seemingly over night I noticed the hardness in my right breast. That was when I phoned my PS and was told to come in. Poor guy found a real mess in there, and did a great job restoring me ;>)
             thats what scares me! the thought of putting so much pressure on the implants!
              thats what scares me! the thought off putting so much pressure on the implants!