5ft3 Petite Female with Much Needed Implant Reduction and Revision. Matthews, NC

After suffering through two previous breast...

After suffering through two previous breast augmentations by a doctor who didn't listen, and I felt like didn't care, I desperately needed to find a caring, competent doctor to reduce my oversized bosom. My first breast augmentation left me with the perfect size... However, the shape was awkward. They were too far apart on my wide chest (I had high profiles which I did not like for my body frame bc I have such broad shoulders) and the implant looked like it never fully dropped. I waited 2 years, hoping my breasts would round out, but they never did. Last year I made the worst mistake by returning to the same doctor who performed the first procedure. I addressed my concerns and he blamed the implants, being that they were silicone, and that I needed saline to achieve my desired result. I blindly trusted the Dr, specifically told him I wanted max 550 cc implants, and when I woke up from surgery I was horrified to discover I had two saline implants pushing 700 cc's each. They were 550 cc bags overfilled to almost 700 cc's. I was furious, but the nurses told me they would look great after the swelling went down and yata yata. Well, a year later, my boobs were still ridiculous for my 5ft3 115 lb body. I started to feel ripples under my breast from the saline bags. They bulged from my side, hurt my back, and made it hard as hell to work out and be active. OMG and finding clothes/bras that fit was a nightmare. I then made the decision to find a new plastic surgeon to fix my problem and give me that perfect 34 full C/ small D that I originally wanted. I interviewed a few doctors. Well like half a dozen! I crossed out the ones that were not board certified and the ones that didn't show confidence in performing the procedure I needed and giving me the results I wanted. I narrowed it down to 3 surgeons in the area. I chose Dr. Ferrari because he was confident and straight forward, listened to my concerns and went out of his way to answer all my questions. Plus, I know a good amount of people who have chosen him as their plastic surgeon and the enhancements he did on them were amazing.

Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

I'm so glad you finally got the results you were looking for. Sounds like you really did your homework when choosing a revision doctor. We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.

One week after surgery

Still swollen and sore, but I love the size! Still nice and big, but not obnoxiously huge! Also they are round on top (not rectangular this time! lol) with good cleavage.

You look fabulous, hope all is going well! Do you have any photos pre-implants or of previous implants?
Happy you found the right PS to do the job. Congrats!
Glad you got better results this time around

Almost 3 months after surgery

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Before the last surgery

I don't have many before pics, but here is one from right after the 2nd surgery. I was at electric zoo, so that's why I am dressed a little crazy. My breasts were ridiculously huge and looked like 2 overinflated balloons. lol

We have about the same stats. I have 450 and 475 and they are a great size. Your size looks much better now. So happy for you!!!
Very nice boobies!! Love your results!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

During the initial consultation, everyone was nice and friendly. Dr. Ferrari spent a good amount of time with me answering my questions and showing me pictures of his past work. The Pre-op visit addressed all my concerns (implant volume, size, material, incision site, implant placement, would I need a lift, etc...) We decided on round silicone implants, approximately 500 cc's, we would stay sub muscular and an areolar incision would be best (because I had to have so much pocket revision work). Plus, my last plastic surgeon did a nipple lift on my right nipple which left a horrible scar, so this allowed for a scar revision as well as matching incisions. I know it's only been a week, but the scars don't look bad at all and almost blend in with my areolas. Thank goodness I didn't need a lift because I'm young and didn't want all those scars! I can say that this procedure was definitely more painful than the first two. But it was totally worth it. Only after a week, I can see a positive difference in the shape and size of my breasts. Every day I look in the mirror they keep looking better and better. So final stats are submuscular, periareolar incision, sientra, smooth, round MP 510 Left and 470 Right. All, I can say is 3rd time is definitely a charm and I love my new look!