Finally, getting second tummy tuck to fix the last docs mess!

I actually had a tummy tuck 5 years ago in CT....

I actually had a tummy tuck 5 years ago in CT. Five years later, I am scheduled to have another one but with a different doctor. My story is a bit of a nightmare. Like many others here , I had the typical gross, flabby, loose skin stomachs from childbirth. The loose skin started from the top of my ribs all the way down. Clothes would get stuck in my creases. I have always been so self conscious of it and its hindered me in so many ways for instance, I am a dance teacher and do a lot of jumping around. There's no worse feeling then having your stomach move in the opposite direction. I was constantly having to cover myself up when my shirt started to rise. One of the most uncomfortable things I dealt with is when my clothes would get stuck in the creases or my pants would roll down. I hated this feeling and all these experiences, and still do. How can that be after having a tummy tuck you ask? My doctor gave me a mini instead of a full tummy tuck. You dont need to be a doctor to see that what I needed was a full tuck and absolutely needed my belly button moved. I couldn't have made myself more clear in my consults and emails. He assured me, all my loose skin would be gone and my tummy would be tight. He showed me pictures and we had ample conversations about what I was expecting, including the conversation about moving my belly button. He said he would make the decision about moving it at the time of surgery because I may not need it. I'm not a doctor, I didn't know exactly what that meant. Like all of you, I had faith in him. The procedure I paid for called the revolutionary, minimally invasive tummy tuck. What makes this revolutionary was the fact the procedure is done under local anesthesia and includes tumescent liposuction. In other words, its just like the traditional tummy tuck where the belly button is moved and muscles tightened, except the technique is safer and more effective. Included in my quote was lipo to my hips, back and stomach. All of this..a whopping $14,000. One would think they will be getting the correct procedure for this kind of money, right? Nope, not so much. Things looked great the first day except I complained that the top of my belly seemed a little loose still. He told me he didn't need to move my belly button. Didn't need to move my belly button? Did you see what I looked like?? You dont need to be a doctor to know I needed a full tummy tuck and absolutely needed my belly button to be moved. He brushed me off and told me it would tighten up. As time went on, the looser it looked. Months and months of complaining got me no where except he did offer to return $2000. He refused to fix the problem and there was not much I could do. He made so many excuses. I can not tell you how disappointed and resentful I am. I can not believe how a doctor could take such advantage of their patient. So many people save their money and wait years for an opportunity like this that only comes once in a lifetime. How can a doctor take no accountability but take your money? Not to mention what this experience and disappointment does to a person psychologically. The one positive out of it was he did a good job on the liposuction and I do look much better, with the exception of my stomach...the major procedure I saved up for.

So, five years later, I finally saved up some money and got the guts to do this again. I did my research and decided to go with Dr. Lowney out of Massachusetts. I cant tell you how scared but excited I am! I had my first consult and he confirmed I had a "mini" tuck and that I really needed a full tuck. I forgot to mention, he didn't even tighten my muscles because I "didn't need it". Dr. Lowney will be doing a similar procedure, in that, I will have local anesthesia and it will include tumescent liposuction. He will be addressing my stomach, hips, back and this time I'm adding my arms. Lastly, he is including muscle tightening. Imagine that!

What you see in my pics is my before and after my first tummy tuck. (pics to come)

5 months after tummy tuck

Seriously...they cant find my records?

I'm very excited about my upcoming tummy tuck but given my previous experience, one can understand why I am a little nervous. Well, now I feel some of my anxiety is justified. My new doctor, Dr. Lowney, asked that I have my records transferred to him to review my procedures and the outcome of surgery by my previous doctor, Dr. Marcovici. In contacting Dr. Marcovici's office to retrieve the records, I learned he moved and is practicing from another state and as a result, he sold my records to the new physician who purchased his practice. This is perfectly legal. The problem is this........ the new office cant find my records! Its been over a month and the new practice swears they have been looking diligently and can not find them. I asked they contact Dr. Marcovici to be sure he doesn't still have them. I even called. Apparently, Dr. Marcovici does not have them. So now what? I called my attorney who stated there is no negligence here, that sometimes records go missing. The office is still trying to address the issue, supposedly. I called Dr. Lowney's office and notified them of the issue. They, too, will give the office a call to see if they can have this problem expedited. The reason this is a big deal is, according to Dr. Lowney and other reports, having a second tummy tuck comes with risks due to the scars. I want to make sure Dr. Lowney is fully aware of the specific procedures that were addressed on my body and how to plan ahead. Not asking too much right? So annoying. Even after 5 yrs, this guy is still making my life hell. Ill keep you all posted if I learn anything more.
Dr. Lowney

ya, google it.. its done under heavy local anesthesia. Heres one description: http://www.tummytuckguide.com/tumescenttummytuck.html
Your first surgeon clearly ripped you off! If I'd had such botched job done on me I would be bad mouthing him on this site and warning other potential clients about him!!
I consulted a lawyer and even tried to get my money back through Carecredit by creating a dispute, but I didn't get anywhere. Doctors are hard to sue. I even had all the documents to support my claim. He's just not a good man. I'm thinking about sending him pics if me 5 years later and displaying it to the new practice he currently works for. As far as warning others, we need to be cautious about how we word things when talking about other doctors. They are protected. I've done my fair share on other sites. The more I think about it though, the more I can care less. He stole my money, he denied his screw up and walked away as though I was just another number. It's embarrassing telling people I had a tummy tuck because look at me. But, cross my fingers all goes well this time. Your right about the elasticity.. It doesn't bounce back once lipo is done and this needs to be concidered when assessing a patient. This guy is just incompetent.
Just out of curiosity what is the name of the surgeon who did your first surgery? I'd like to look him up to read his reviews by others. Yes, I've previously heard that doctors are hard to sue. Personally I signed a waiver prior to my surgery which included wording such as "I acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me by any one about the results that may be obtained". My surgeon COULD have reminded me of this phrase, and turned his back on me too but fortunately for me he is clearly a compassionate and caring man who wants his patients to be happy. I basically kept my surgeries a secret and only told a couple of people who have themselves have tummy tucks. You should not be embarrassed about a big mistake that somebody else made! It's not your fault! MOST tummy tuck clients are happy with their results so in all probability you will have GREAT results second time around! I'll be following your journey!
Thank you for the encouragement! His name is dr. Marcovici. He used to be out of Avon ct, now he's in another state.
The only Dr. marcovici's I could find was a neurosurgeon and a gynaecologist. If any of these was your surgeon he probably wasn't qualified to do tummy tucks. I've heard of a DENTIST doing a tummy tuck too. Go figure!!
I wonder why??? you are probably not the only dissatisfied person. I am not one who believes in suing anyone unless it is negligence!!!! He'll keep running.
That's a good question, did he claim to be certified???? Any of these guys can do if patients go to them. I use to work with a physician who went to another state and started plastic surgery. He killed a few people and is now in prison. Please be careful....and make sure they are certified.
It is the gynecologist and he also does plastic surgery, but he is not board certified.
yes, hes a gynecologist and cosmetologist. There are many who agree with you, that one should only go to a plastic surgeon. I went to him because the procedure is less invasive.
Yes, hes a gynecologist and cosmetologist. There are many that would agree with you, that a patient should only go to a plastic surgeon. I went to him because he offered a minimally invasive procedure. I was awake for the whole thing.
I feel for you an am very sorry this has happened. Like you I need a revision. I did go to a certified plastic surgeon and have had poor results. Thanks
Thank you all for your comments, suggestions and support. Lets see what happens soon! I just cant imagine what its going to be like to finally get a flat tummy. I'm very excited. There's one more thing I recently learned as I'm getting ready for my second tummy tuck. My new doc asked me to forward my records to him so he could see what my previous doctor did. I guess there is some increased risk with a second surgery because of the scars. Well guess what? Dr Marcovici, previous doc, moved to another state and sold my records which is perfectly legal. However, here lies the problem. The new doc cant find my records! They have been looking for over a month. Is this the most irresponsible thing you've ever heard? One office is deferring and blaming the other. Man, I cant catch a break!
Sold your surgical records!!!! I've never heard of such a thing being legal. Goes to show how important it is to obtain personal copies of all documentation something I've always done after any hospital admission as well as after both my tummy tucks. My surgeon gladly released both surgical reports to me and had I asked for it I probably could have obtained all other related documentation as well. Here's hoping that your new surgeon will be able to revise your tuck anyway.
I can relate to your story, girl! I too had a mini tuck when I thought I was getting a full tuck. My results were good but not what I had expected. At first I was super happy with my results but as the months dragged on, knowing that I actually had a mini tuck and not a full tuck was haunting me and I kept thinking what would my results have been IF I'd had the full tuck. My first tuck was combined with liposuction to the upper abs, flanks and hips but because I have poor skin elasticity my skin looked rather dimply and loose. Anyway, my awesome surgeon agreed to fix it for me and fix it he did at no extra cost to me! I was darn lucky!! Hope you have stellar results second time around!
No sir, he did? Omg your def lucky! As you can see, my elasticity totally sucks too. How dumb of a doc do you need to be to not know I needed a full tuck, right? Who was your doc?
I just went on your page and read about your journey. You look great! It's nice to know that there are honest doctors out there. I'm very happy for you. Thank you got your story and support!
What's the app you used that allows you to show before and after side by side?
It's an app called side by side. I downloaded it from the App Store. I think it Cocteau me a dollar.
Your previous doctor definitely cut corners and not enough skin! Was he blind too?? When skin has poor elasticity it looks worse after liposuction because it won't shrink like elastic skin does. The PS who did my surgeries is Dr. Valnicek. He apologized to me for not getting it quite right the first time! He's a real gem and I have great respect for him!
Amazes me how some of those self correct words happen on here! COST is the word I thought I wrote!
Cool, thanks!
lol
Welcome to the community.   Oh my, having to go through this twice is no fun.  But it will be worth it having the full tummy tuck with tightening.   Are you having local anesthesia for the entire procedure?
Yes, it's local for the whole procedure. Thank you for the support and kind words. Nope, no fun having to do this twice. It's even worse when you have to pay for the whole thing all over again! Lol. I hope everything turns out well.